G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I want VDC off on start up and other VDC question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:48 PM
|
I want VDC off on start up and other VDC question

Now that the snow is gone and the roads are dry (for the most part) the roads are just dusty, so any time I "get on it" I am seeing the "Slip" light and can feel the VDC kick in, that's if I forget to turn off the VDC so I was wondering is there a way to switch the vdc to automatically be off instead of on and then if I push the button it will turn it on? also does anyone have a link to the thread about adding in a switch to fully disengage the vdc I believe its the "yaw" sensor under the center console, I know I read it on here some where but when I search I must not be searching the correct terms or words.... (there is a nice "S" turn getting on the highway and even with the VDC off I can feel it kick on when I really get on it on the "S") ....

Old 06-05-2009 | 10:31 PM
http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/4

Took me a whole 15 seconds of searching.

The following users liked this post:
jimmyboi860 (02-26-2012)
Old 06-05-2009 | 10:35 PM
|
^^ WTH did you search I tried "VDC OFF" then "YAW" then "VDC SWITCH" then made this post

BTW THANK YOU!!!

Old 06-06-2009 | 01:37 AM
|
still looking for the thread about how to build a switch to manually disengage the yaw sensor...

Old 06-06-2009 | 07:27 AM
Sorry my reply was a little snappy. I knew someone on here sold all kinds of little add-on kits that did things like what you were asking, and I knew they had a kit that tilted the mirrors down when you went into reverse, so I searched for "reverse mirror mod", found them, then went to their website.

As for the yaw sensor, here's what I found: http://www.my350z.com/forum/engine-a...trol-safe.html

Glad I could help.

Old 06-08-2009 | 01:09 PM
|
Thanks for both links, BTW its raining here today, and I had to run to the Post Office to buy .02 stamps (cost me more in gas than the worth of mailing out my bills, but gotta pay the bills)
ANYWAYS back on track, I took the long way home so I could get on the highway entrance with the nice "S" with the VDC off and the car in Manual I entered the turn at around 45 and got the back end lose now usually in dry conditions I get a little tire spin and "slide" nicely onto the highway and keep going..... Not when its wet, I could feel the back really kick hard to the right and then when I went to hit left and enter the highway the VDC or TCS decided I have had enough fun and TURNED ON!!!!! well I was not expecting that and happen to look in my rear view mirror and of course what is flying up behind me, a nice ol semi truck, so I just stayed on the gas and got out of his way in time not to get a metal enema.....

Old 06-08-2009 | 05:25 PM
This is my opinion, but i'd leave it as is.

So what if you have to hit the button everytime you start the car. It's better than having to turn it on every time you need it. All it takes is that one time you forget to turn it on and you lose it.

I realize there was a time when no cars had traction control or stability control systems, but that's why there is an off switch.

Old 06-08-2009 | 05:32 PM
Next thread = So I turned my VDC off when it was raining and I wrecked my G...

Turn it off when it's dry, leave it on when it's wet.

Old 06-08-2009 | 05:47 PM
I leave mine on all the time. How hard do you drive? EVen when it's dry if i drive my car hard i rarely if ever see the SLIP light come on.

Old 06-08-2009 | 08:39 PM
|
Since no multi quote, Mustang5L5 I drive pretty hard but its more or less the roads around here, as I have said before, its extremely dusty so I think that is what is causing a lot of my traction problems.

Twlightblue, Um VDC was what almost caused the accident... not because it was off, because it kicked back in under heavy driving...O from your tone, it seems like ur panties are in a bunch, may want to un-bunch them or you may get some sort of rash...

Old 06-08-2009 | 08:46 PM
^^ Thanks for the tip. I'll take that into consideration.

Old 06-09-2009 | 12:40 AM
|
^^^ I like to use goldbond to cure my pantie rashes up because its well "Medicated" and walmart carries it OTC

Old 06-09-2009 | 07:40 AM
buckeyeinMI, thanks for the tip on the reverse mirror tilt mod, I had no idea.

I'll have to search and see how easy it is to install it.

Old 06-09-2009 | 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Antipd32v
Since no multi quote, Mustang5L5 I drive pretty hard but its more or less the roads around here, as I have said before, its extremely dusty so I think that is what is causing a lot of my traction problems.

Twlightblue, Um VDC was what almost caused the accident... not because it was off, because it kicked back in under heavy driving...O from your tone, it seems like ur panties are in a bunch, may want to un-bunch them or you may get some sort of rash...
lol @ pantie bunches

Anyway, I've had 2 vehicles with some sort of yaw/lateral control systems and know exactly what you mean about it being the cause of almost accidents. When it cuts the **** out of your power when you dont expect it, that causes more accidents...at least for the slightly more aggressive drivers.. I mean, you can always counter the cars movements by using more power, if you know how to and if you know how to handle the car without the vdc, your better off. (imo)

Old 06-09-2009 | 07:47 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
This is my opinion, but i'd leave it as is.

So what if you have to hit the button everytime you start the car. It's better than having to turn it on every time you need it. All it takes is that one time you forget to turn it on and you lose it.

I realize there was a time when no cars had traction control or stability control systems, but that's why there is an off switch.
Originally Posted by TwilightBlue
Next thread = So I turned my VDC off when it was raining and I wrecked my G...

Turn it off when it's dry, leave it on when it's wet.
Good advice here^^ Except for the wreck story.....

Bottom line, be careful when pushing your G to see what it can do. I think we all on here are curious as to what the limits of our cars are, but there are ways to find out safely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I want VDC off on start up and other VDC question