G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just got pulled over for Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Just got pulled over for Exhaust

Negative on the DB during smog check, they just give you a visual test and give you the sniffer.

04 6MT Sedan - Z Tube, Stillen CAB, 04 Z Suspension

Old 07-29-2004, 11:38 AM
mai

Would it be easier to carry the car information with you, just stick those C.A.R.B. legal certificates and certifications in your glove box, could probably save you a trip to court.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:50 AM

Brian, were you from Southern Cali before you moved to Texas? I think we may have known each other on that forum back before '00 when I had my 93SE.

<font color=blue>2004.5 Coupe ^ 5AT ^ DG/W ^ Z Tube</font color=blue>

Old 07-29-2004, 12:04 PM

Ok, that's what I thought, wasn't sure. This really ticks me off, I'm nervous to drive the car. As it stands, I got two speeding tickets, one in November for 95+ and one in February for 95+. I don't have a lot to stand on in the credibility department. Hard to sell real estate when you don't have a driver's license...

2003.5 G35 6MT Sedan/Black w/ Graphite
Life is good!

Old 07-29-2004, 12:05 PM

I always thought it was 95dB here, in Bay Area. Could be different down south. Anyway, it is not the smog station that measures dB. One of my friends had to go to this station, it is something like Vehicle Certification stuff, he had an exhaust ticket and he bought silencers and put them on, measured 92 db with silencers and was carying this paper with him. Worked with 2 cops.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 07-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Ugg, this is ridiculous, are there criminal and stuff out there they can be going after....No, no, there isn't, they would much rather revenue on the innocent people, just trying to have a decent ride. Silencers, that is such crap. Guess I'll have to check in to the silencer. My life is a living hell.

Life is good!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:03 PM

Well, maybe you don't need silencers. The guy who needed them was running dual turbo exhaust on NA car. It was LOUD.
Measure yours first. You might even get a device from Radioshack that measures dB levels. I think they put it 1ft away from the tips of the exhaust and rev it several times.

But I agree, this is crap when cops do that kind of stuff instead of fighting real crime. I got pulled over in my Volvo, simply because cop wanted to buy simillar one and wanted to take a closer look at it. Absurd.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 07-29-2004, 01:07 PM

Yes I lived in So Cal until mid 2002 and I was VERY active in the Maxima community.

I had a green 11PSI SuperCharged 97 Maxima with every mod out there.

What's your name, I may remember you?

04 6MT Sedan - Z Tube, Stillen CAB, 04 Z Suspension

Old 07-29-2004, 01:24 PM

I don't me to be dissing the Highway Patrol, but I'm telling you it's because of the way my car looks. I think ultimately what got me off is that I appear to be a responsible adult. I was prepared when he pulled me over, had all my ducks in a row, don't get me wrong I was nervous, but I usually always joke with those guys, some of them can be pretty cool. I'm one of those people that has good luck for years, when it comes to getting pulled over, then I'll go through a period where I am never in the right place, I must be at that point right now. Bottom line, you're at their mercy.

I have a good friend who had a 1999 Eclipse, totally tricked out, beautiful show car. It was fast. They are also very responsible, well, they live in this town called Lompoc, where the cops are very biased. Christmas Eve, they were heading out of town and a woman turned right in front of them, they claim they were doing between 35 and 40, which is the S.L.. in that area, it was totally not their fault and they had witnesses to prove it. (The car was totalled by the way). Well, the police wrote it as it was 80% the fault of my friend. It was insane, everyone that looked at the report after that, lawyers etc, said is was the worst report they had seen. It was because, from what I'm told, those cops hate people that trick out their cars. It's a small town, where everyone knows everyone. It took a year and a half for everything to get cleared up, because of some jerk and his report. It's scary to think that sort of crap is going on, but it is.

Life is good!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:27 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damm Brenda, that sucks :/ Anyway Brian thanks man, from the video its just white smoke coming out, glad thats ok =) Cops in NY dont care 1 bit about noise or anything like that!! Look at these worked harleys and stuff that make your ear drums pop, and hindas that vibrate your brain haha, they only get pulled over for racing and speeding.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-29-2004, 01:42 PM

Ya, it's basically, little men with a little power and they go too far. That's my take on it anyway. Damn, I would never be like that to people.

I don't remember if I said this before and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but when he had me pulled over, he was fully checking out my hood, thank god he didn't see there was no front plate. I'm going to die if I have to put that plate on there and ruin the car.

Life is good!

Old 07-29-2004, 02:50 PM

Muuvova,

Yikes! I'm moving to Lompoc and have 6-mt sedan with a Stillen CB! Uh-oh...

Q

2003.5 Silver Sedan
6 Speed
6 Wire HGK
Z-Tube/Pop Charger
Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust

Old 07-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Muuvova:

What do you mean - I believe more people in California now have a Real Estate license than have driver's licenses - LOL!

(California Realtor since 1988, Broker since 1992)

Sport Sedan Fan - 2004 6MT Sedan
Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero; "Invisiguard" Bra, Madico Onyx Tint
Obsidian Black/Graphite & "Titanium"
SHE'S SILVER & BLACK - GO RAIDERS!

Old 07-29-2004, 04:56 PM

As of Jan 2002, the SEMA sponsored exhaust noise bill became law.

The new law requires smog check stations (of which there are only 40 riht now) that provide referee functions to perform the test. These referee stations will issue certificates of compliance for vehicles when tests of their exhaust systems demonstrate that they emit no more than 95-decibels, under Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) test procedure J1169. Only those vehicles that have received a citation for an exhaust noise violation will be permitted to submit their vehicle for the test.

The law also allows courts to dismiss citations for exhaust systems that have been tested and for which a certificate of compliance has been issued. Fees charged to motorists for the certificates of compliance will pay for the testing program.

Aug 2003: According to BAR officials, to have a cited vehicle tested at a state referee center, motorists must make an appointment by calling the Referee Scheduling Center at 800/622-7733. Cited motorists should have the citation and vehicle registration available when calling.

Cheers, Ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-29-2004, 05:22 PM

You're lying, are you seriuosly moving to Lompoc? I'm in Santa Maria, 15 mins away. What a trip.

Life is good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for Exhaust