G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just got pulled over for Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got pulled over for Exhaust

Ok, so get this, I'm minding my own business, on my way back from Taco hell, to feed the family, and I get popped by the CHP for my exhaust being too loud. To make matters worse, he didn't pull me over until I got in my neighborhood. How embarrasing. The First thing he asked was, did I have the stock exhaust, well, duh, obviously I don't since the tips say Stillen right on them, then he asks me if I was on it making this left hand turn on to the main drag, of course not, officer. I am a responsible adult. Then, he's checking out the entire car, thank god he didn't make me pop the hood. I told him the exhaust was C.A.R.B. legal and he could follow me half a block to my house to prove it, but he said that didn't matter. I was doing everything I could to maintain during this possible revenuing moment. I was only 6 houses away from my house when this happend. He was totally coming after me for the look of my car. I know this because I saw him way back there, I was watching my speed, etc. made the right towards my neighborhood as he was in the fast lane on my left, then he cuts traffic to follow me. What gives. He called me Ms. Earnhardt because of that license plate ring I have around the words "muuvova". My life is a living hell. Am I going to be tagged for ever? He did let me go without a write up, but I think that was because of my big american breasts.

2003.5 G35 6MT Sedan/Black w/ Graphite
Life is good!

Old 07-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Re: Just got pulled over for Exhaust

What happened to big-breasted american girls getting out of tickets....not the other way around. j/k of course.

Too bad... so you didn't try to talk him out of it?

Old 07-28-2004, 09:41 PM

Maybe he just wanted a closer look at the twins! He wouldn't be the first cop to use his bluelight to try to line up some shaky puddin'.

Glad the twins got you outta the ticket, though. I have big feet and a large nose, if ya know what I mean, but they are utterly useless in a possible ticket situation! ; )

Gary Busey - from DC Cab........... "Listen, lemme tell ya somethin'...you're lucky those Porkchops didn't shoot ya and say you was crazed on PCP - cause that's what they always say about everybody they shoot - and I think they're lacing the bullets with PCP that way they've got an alibi for killin' everybody -Think about it!"

Old 07-28-2004, 09:56 PM

It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you. It was so obvious. He told me he could hear me take off from the light. Now, I will say, it's plausable, that I maaaayyy have gotten on it a little, but I don't see them pulling over harleys and these other 4 banger rice machines that sound 10 times louder than I could even think of.

Life is good!

Old 07-28-2004, 09:56 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol you guys are crazy!! BTW, you are one cool MOM!!!!!!!!

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-28-2004, 09:58 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Also i hope i dont get pulled over (knocking on wood) what can happen if they find out i dont have cat's?? Also im still blowing out a white smoke and it smells like horrible fume's outside at a stoplight, when should this go away?

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-28-2004, 10:02 PM

I think you need to change ur sig, it says "Life is Good"

Theres not much you can do about the exhaust. Here they just passed laws banning aftermarket mufflers so its up to the discretion of the cop whether to pull you over or not.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:27 PM

I don't mean to sound critical but is it possible you were into that throttle a little on your drive home? I only ask because I can imagine your delight with your fortified G35 and myself, I have but a modest G35x; have been known to smoke the neighbors a bit, if you get my drift (no pun intended). So, now that you’ve walked from this event and teased the G35driver boys with your post, I’ve got to ask you, "Did you give the CHP a little something to follow with some stocking footed enthusiasm?”

04 G35X

Old 07-28-2004, 10:27 PM

Well, what's worse, is that I, obviously was running late from the Bell, and My 13 year old annouced, she must have gotten pulled over.

He is recovering for jinxing me.....

Life is good!

Old 07-28-2004, 10:29 PM

Martin,

All I can tell you is give them as little info as possible. I know that's how it works here in Cali. I hated having to volunteer the exhaust, but what was I going to do? Be careful. Revenuing bastards. Uggg. it just ticks me off.

Life is good!

Old 07-28-2004, 10:39 PM
G Kreuzer

Geez Luizz! That's sweet and sour! Sweet because you got off, sour because porky's got his eyes on you. At least you don't have to put up with a fix it ticket or worse, moving violation (i.e. speeding). You're also lucky porky didn't sight you for no front plates. Hmmm ... does that look like tinted window up front to me? :P

You should read about how I got pulled over last time! (hint: skip down to the 3rd post) Gosh, I have got to stop hijacking your threads!

Clint (THX723)

Old 07-28-2004, 10:42 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Yo Brenda or Mrs. Brenda, i can't get over how cool you are for a mom =) I wish my mom modded her car let a lone a G35!!!! She drive a pontiac bonneville HAHAHAHAH..... My father has a mountaineer and doesnt even have any sports cars, wow.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-28-2004, 10:50 PM

Not critical, not at all, unless you're my husband who jumped all over my **** when I got home. Worse yet, as I pulled in to the driveway, the CHP drove past the house as I was explaining to the man what happened not good. Evdientially, I don't have a good rep with my husband and my throttle problem. I'm really still shocked, because the car sounds good, not loud or obnoxious. I feel like I'm tagged.

Life is good!

Old 07-28-2004, 11:09 PM

Oh you're tagged alright...and not just by the CHP! Ponch and John have nothing on the boys in this forum! LMAO!

Glad to see lefty and Righty got you out of a ticket..kinda like in the Canonball Run! ;-)

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96.4
10 Wire Grnd Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen HS
UR UD CP
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
TS
350 Z 170F Thermostat
02 Maxima SE 4AT 14.5 @ 95
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 07-28-2004, 11:12 PM

Your car will always smell like fumes without cats. The fine for no cats is like $1500-$5000 and California cops are the worst. Fixed up newish car + fume smell = OWNED

I used to live in California and have had lots of exhausts on cars. CARB means nothing, you'll get a ticket if it's loud PERIOD. It's all the cops discretion, some read the law as ANY exhaust mod is illegal, others say if it's loud where I can hear it fairly clear with my windows up, and some don't care.

The real law Penal Code 27015 says something like:
"Any modification to exhaust with the intent to make the car louder is unlawful."

That being said, most people replace their exhaust to sound cooler, but one could say it's because of power. From what I've heard the Borla will probably not yield you a ticket, the Stillen will on an **** cop.

On a final note, if you drive like an a-hole they'll pull you over. If they think you were driving to fast or wrecklessly but can't prove it then they'll talk to you about your exhaust.

04 6MT Sedan - Z Tube, Stillen CAB, 04 Z Suspension

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for Exhaust