Just got pulled over for Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Re: Just got pulled over for Exhaust

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Those bastards. I guess we're the terrorists now.

<hr></blockquote>

Am I missing something here? I thought you said he DIDN'T give you a ticket. He could of been a real D*CK and ticketed you.

I get a little tired of all the cop bashing around here. Yes, some cops are real PR*CKS, but the majority are decent human beings just trying to do a job that can be very dificult at times.

Old 07-30-2004, 12:50 AM
Sedan

but I hate when cops forget we pay their salary and pension

<hr></blockquote>

Since you pay our salary, can we have a raise?

Old 07-30-2004, 12:52 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skelton i 100% agree!! And it seems like you have dealt with it considering your a correctional officer and that you probably wouldn't treat people like that yourself.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-30-2004, 12:52 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Skeleton i 100% agree!! And it seems like you have dealt with it considering your a correctional officer and that you probably wouldn't treat people like that yourself.

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
Injen CAI
B+G Springs
ADR M-Classic 19's..

Old 07-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol...if you deserve it, like any other person, at any other job, yes, but like any other person at any other job, if not, than no.

The bottom line is the motto of "To protect and Serve" is not adhered to by 99% of officers...and if you are an officer of any rank you more than know that, and it's too bad. There are a million factors as to why cops/troopers get jaded, desperate or overly agitated on the job, but that never gives them the right to forget why they were suppose to take that job and who they work for....Again, just like any other person who takes a job and works for a company.

I certainly meant no offense to you, and it sounds like you didn't take it that way. I have friends and family who are on the force or who are troopers, and as I said, I came very close myself, but to hear storys like what Brenda mentioned about that small town are far too true and happen much too often.

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96.4
10 Wire Grnd Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen HS
UR UD CP
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
TS
350 Z 170F Thermostat
02 Maxima SE 4AT 14.5 @ 95
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 07-30-2004, 03:08 PM

M

Yeah, no kidding. Used to live there 10 years ago, and will be back for a few years starting in late-August. PM me your address if you want and I'll stop by to see your super charger when you put it in!

Too funny about Lompoc/Santa Maria/Buellton/Santa Ynez/Pismo/etc.!

Q

2003.5 Silver Sedan
6 Speed
6 Wire HGK
Z-Tube/Pop Charger
Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust

Old 08-05-2004, 12:02 AM

__________________________________________________ __
Am I missing something here? I thought you said he DIDN'T give you a ticket. He could of been a real D*CK and ticketed you.

I get a little tired of all the cop bashing around here. Yes, some cops are real PR*CKS, but the majority are decent human beings just trying to do a job that can be very dificult at times.
__________________________________________________ ___

Skeleton_cru:

I just got back from vacation and had the opportunity to view your response. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. A couple of things:

(1) I actually have several friends that are police officers and CHP, as well as Sherrif, oh and MANY correctional officers (I live very close to Lompoc Federal). I wholehartedly respect their position (Period).

(2) Do you live in California, if so, what do you drive. Because, if you live in California, than you know it is a major revenuing state! And you also know that there are a TON of "cops" messing with people just because they can. I have had my fair share of dealing with that, especially from the MP's on base. Maybe it's because I live in a smaller area. Ya, that must be it.

(3) Yes, a majority may be decent human beings, but to get pulled over for nothing, which is what happened to me, is Ludicrous .

(4) Nope I didn't get a ticket, likely because he knew that he was out of line pulling me over in the first place!
How often are you harrassed, or do you not have to worry about that because of your "position"?

Oh, and what's up with the "Skeleton Cru"? If I was a real A-hole, I'd think you were some kind of bada$$. Exactly the same reason I got pulled over.... ASSUMSION.

2003.5 G35 6MT Sedan/Black w/ Graphite
Life is good!

Old 08-05-2004, 12:04 AM

Since you pay our salary, can we have a raise?

Didn't Uncle Bill give you a raise?????

2003.5 G35 6MT Sedan/Black w/ Graphite
Life is good!

Old 08-05-2004, 01:43 AM

skeleton_cru:

we rant on idiot merchants
we rant on bad cops
we rant on bad drivers
we rant on bad dealerships
we rant on ... well, I think a lot of people just like to rant.

I have a serious question for...have you ever flashed your tin to get out of a ticket (or to gain preferred parking?) Do you, or any of your fellow officers have "courtesy cards" for family members?

The rest of us have to live by playground rules. When the big guy says pull over, for whatever reason, we do it. When we get the ticket, we accept it... afterall, I'm not guilty... I'm just getting the oportunity to defend myself in court on some other workday (that I won't get paid for).

A couple of months ago, I got a ticket on the minivan from the City of Brea. Why? cuz someone stole my registration "month" tag while it was parked in the structure. I know this cuz I had just washed the van that afternoon and remember thinking that I should slash the month like i do the yearly tag. Now, tell me....couldn't the officer check the plate/registration to see if the car's registration had expired, since the year tag was still good? I would have been praising the officer for dropping me a note on the windshield to advise me that I was missing the month on my legally registered vehicle.

But he/she left me a "fix-it" ticket instead. A full day of work was wasted running to the DMV, standing in line, getting the tag and then heading over to the CHP to get $igned off and receive my proof of correction, then back over to the courthouse to turn all my paperwork in. (and yes I procrastinated to the last day.. but that is besides the point [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img])

I wonder if i would have received that ticket if I'd been running with a KMA628 or 361 frame? (367's are so diluted!)

-t

P.S. and for the record... I think the Walnut Deputies do a damn fine job. They patrol my community and I am most appreciative of it. yes, I recently got radar'd and picked out of a traffic pack traveling at the same speed. But I don't hold that against the rest of the Deputies, some of whom I work with for community events and neighborhood watch.

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS - www.teamtransport.org

Old 08-05-2004, 02:18 AM
Sedan

we rant on idiot merchants
we rant on bad cops
we rant on bad drivers
we rant on bad dealerships
we rant on ... well, I think a lot of people just like to rant.

<hr></blockquote>

I know, ranting is what this forum is for. I don't have a problem with that, but there is a difference between ranting and name calling/being disrespectful.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:25 AM
Sedan

I have a serious question for...have you ever flashed your tin to get out of a ticket (or to gain preferred parking?) Do you, or any of your fellow officers have "courtesy cards" for family members?

<hr></blockquote>

I don't carry a badge off duty, only an ID card. I have never flashed that ID card to get out of a ticket. I don't hand out "courtesy cards" and I'm not even sure what that is. I'm guessing some kind of card that shows you have a family member in law enforcement? If so that sounds like something out of the movies? If my family get's pulled over, oh well, I guess they get a ticket. As far as using my ID to gain preferred parking...HELL NO, that's just stupid. In fact there are some movie theaters that I can get into free if I show my ID and I don't even do that, lol.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:28 AM
Sedan

P.S. and for the record... I think the Walnut Deputies do a damn fine job. They patrol my community and I am most appreciative of it. yes, I recently got radar'd and picked out of a traffic pack traveling at the same speed. But I don't hold that against the rest of the Deputies, some of whom I work with for community events and neighborhood watch.

<hr></blockquote>

I have one question for you, were you speeding? If so, just because everybody else was speeding too doesn't make it OK. Someone had to get a ticket out of the pack, just happened to be you.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:12 PM

If ted wasn't speeding or if he was speeding...he got the ticket and he understands why the cop pulled him over. He had no beef about getting the ticket...soo why even bring it up? Hes actually even complementing the officer on doing his job. Plus U gotta remember...if u drive in a pack...ted's car stands out...

Old 08-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Sedan

I know he didn't have a beef I was just being the devil's advocate. I meant no offense.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:35 PM

Sry if I barked a little too hard...

That was me talking...some how my laptop has someone else sn..on it...i think it was my friends...I'll log out of it later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for Exhaust