What happened to the MG Trunk Thread???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
http://my350z.com/forum/my350z-com-f...oppers-15.html

post #297
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE ARE NOT SHOWSTOPPERSUSA OR JIM@SHOWSTOPPERS .

MASTERGRADE MOTORSPORT
9032 ARTESIA BLVD.
BELLFLOWER, CA 9706
562-505-8183

SHOWSTOPPERSUSA
UNIT B- 137 WEST POMONA AVE.
MONROVIA, CA 91016
626-358-0050

Thank You,
Manny
MASTERGRADE is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps tim ..

Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ number has been disconnected (was a Verizon cell number)… the post you got it from is only a little over 2 months old… damn MG is shady!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
Tom and Alex -

I'm sorry if you feel I am being unreasonable. I believe the agreement was different from what has happened and the rest of us need your help to make sure we are not taken advantage of because you are local and Boomer won't return our calls or emails most of the time.
Hey Tim, I understand your frustration. I was pretty frustrated too until we finally came to the conclusion with Boomer that Tom would pick his trunk up on Thursday, and I would get mine on Friday. When I gave him a call on Thursday night, he had just started the vacuum infusion process on my trunk and he finished it the next day. He can make one trunk per day, it is the mold that takes a longest time. When I arrived, his worker had just finished cutting the excess resin and started the wet sanding/final buff process which is a 4hr process. He only ships out on Fridays since he has a lot of parts to ship. I was there when the freight truck came to pick up a lot of the packaged items.

If you want your money back, I don't see a reason why Boomer can't refund your money. Yes, you've been waiting a long time just like the rest of the people on the GB. But if you really do want the trunk, Boomer can make one for you pretty quickly and ship it out to you. IMO, for our initial gb price of $700 dollars for the double sided cf trunk, that price cannot be beat. It might not be on par with a Doluck $2000 trunk, but it is close enough.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:45 PM
To justify any part of this entire debacle of a project is unfathomable.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not trying to justify anything, since the timelines we were given were not met. I'm just trying facilitate a resolution for everyone.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Tim.. With your twin turbos you can arrive to their location in 30 minutes and beat him up with a bat for another 30 mins

Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by heyitzalex
But if you really do want the trunk, Boomer can make one for you pretty quickly and ship it out to you. IMO, for our initial gb price of $700 dollars for the double sided cf trunk, that price cannot be beat. It might not be on par with a Doluck $2000 trunk, but it is close enough.
What happened to the discounted price for not meeting the deadline? It is absolutely ludicrous to expect anyone that put down an initial deposit on the GB to pay full price after all this BS.

Originally Posted by OCG35
To justify any part of this entire debacle of a project is unfathomable.
+1000000000000000000000000000

Old 08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Hey Tim, I understand your frustration. I was pretty frustrated too until we finally came to the conclusion with Boomer that Tom would pick his trunk up on Thursday, and I would get mine on Friday.
This may have been a plan with you guys but was never the plan with anyone else. Boomer had promised the 2nd one to me. Why was I not informed of the change? Don't know but again, just another example of people not caring about the others in the buy. Why even have a list in order if it's not going to be followed?

Hey Tim, I understand your frustration.

If you want your money back, I don't see a reason why Boomer can't refund your money.

Me either. After 6 weeks of saying he will, your guess must be better than mine.

Hey Tim, I understand your frustration.

But if you really do want the trunk, Boomer can make one for you pretty quickly and ship it out to you.

We'll see. I have told him many times over the last week that I would still take a trunk now that they are done since it appears that he will not give me my money back without the courts involved.

It's funny how you guys seem to have forgotten all about the lies, promises and waiting around when we were all told over and over that it would be done in a day or this weekend or monday or... Now that you have your trunk it's "Boomer is a nice guy" "He is working very hard" ...

The rest of us are still waiting around. There are two of us asking for refunds who have been asking forever. If he is so busy making stuff and selling it I don't see why he can't take 5 minutes to send a refund like he has said over and over he will. It has taken him way more time to send me all these text messages and emails when he could have just sent me the refund.

Why?

Old 08-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
What happened to the discounted price for not meeting the deadline? It is absolutely ludicrous to expect anyone that put down an initial deposit on the GB to pay full price after all this BS.

+1000000000000000000000000000
They reneged on that deal

I suspect they never intended to honor that anyway…

Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
tell you guys what, I'll go to MG on monday (tomorrow).

Which one of you want trunks, and which one of you guys want refunds? Which one of you want trunks for free ?

1)Tim
2)Superkid
3)Darrick

LMK, I'll stop by few times between the week if it's not settled. If you want trunks, I'll see if MG will give you guys a deal on it, but dont expect it for the GB price, cuz it will just prolong the process.

That is how I will bring the community together, just as I tested fitted twice when I had no obligations to do so. This is ridiculous how we starte a whole bash fest over this whole thing, but I'll be the one to step it up and "demand" it for you guys.

Aaron

Last edited by G SEDAN; 08-09-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
The three of you PM me your cell phone numbers and I'll give you a call while I'm at MG.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Damn!

Old 08-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by G SEDAN

Which one of you want trunks, and which one of you guys want refunds? Which one of you want trunks for free ?

1)Tim
2)Superkid
3)Darrick

LMK, I'll stop by few times between the week if it's not settled. If you want trunks, I'll see if MG will give you guys a deal on it, but dont expect it for the GB price, cuz it will just prolong the process.

That is how I will bring the community together, just as I tested fitted twice when I had no obligations to do so. This is ridiculous how we starte a whole bash fest over this whole thing, but I'll be the one to step it up and "demand" it for you guys.

Aaron

We all appreciate you going through all that for the test fits back when this was going on. IIRC you were not even part of the initial buy and agreed to help out while going through some crap from Boomer yourself.

But now you have a trunk and people in the initial buy like me still don't. I set this buy up and can't even get the guy to contact me.

As I have said over and over again I will take either a trunk or a refund. I'm trying to be reasonable. Let him pick. It's fine with me but I want something to show for my money I sent him four months ago! If he does not want to keep our deal and make me a trunk that is fine, send me my money back. But for him to not do anything after all this time is not cool. I spoke to a lawyer and will be happy to sue him for my refund, lawyer costs and travel costs to come fight him in court for my stupid $400 back. I have many emails and texts that will more than make my case so that's not a problem. It will end up costing him a few grand instead of just giving me my refund.

I can see him not wanting to deal with me after all this. I'm sure he has lost a number of sales over it too when my initial plan was to work my @ss off trying to get more people into this. I wanted to make this a stepping stone for many products to come and help the sedan market. He can just choose to close the dealings with me and I'll back off.

Last edited by ttrank; 08-09-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Again - really appreciate your help Aaron! I'd like to get the trunk - as this was the goal from the outset. I'll PM you shortly with my cell...

Tim - I really hope everything works out well for you. I know how frustrating things get especially when money gets tight due to circumstances. I was laid off from my job of about 9 years earlier in the year and know how difficult it can be. Things that I didn't have to worry about like rent and other things quickly became a big concern. I now landed on my feet - which I'm sure will be true with you. Thanks for all of your contributions to this site - you've been a big help to me personally with my sedan.

Thanks to Tom and Alex as well for your honest feedback regarding the fitment.

This has always been a very helpful community where I've been able to learn so much about my car...

aloha,
dave

1)Tim
2)Superkid
3)Darrick

Aaron

Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Grocery getter

I'll see if MG will give you guys a deal on it, but dont expect it for the GB price, cuz it will just prolong the process.

Can you clarify this comment? They were all part of the GB so I sure would expect them to get the GB price.

Did you mean the deposit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happened to the MG Trunk Thread???