G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

eBay Blackout headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by bbs350z
give it 2 more years when the sedans hover around the 7k range lol. were gonna start seeing them with buick vents, chrome door trim on 3 and 1/4 doors, and roof scoops covering the sunroof. YES!!!!!

I already see that. If anything, i see more coupes like that than sedans.

The G35 is the next civic...already there

Old 11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't mind paying a detailer to unhaze my headlights, but I also want them blacked out and crystal clear again like they use to be. I hate the feeling knowing their really yellow! And there is moisture inside..
Take off your lenses and blackout the inside of the headlight, but DON'T do the reflectors for the lights.

Once you're done, reseal the headlights, polish the lenses and IMMEDIATELY put on a clear overlay to protect them.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Have you actually owned them?

I had a set on my sedan and they were great. My sedan didn't have HID but I bought a universal hid kit as well. I would buy another set in a heartbeat.
Great?

I know for a fact you blinded oncoming traffic. HID Kit + Non HID housing = Blinding Rice

Old 11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Truth
Great?

I know for a fact you blinded oncoming traffic. HID Kit + Non HID housing = Blinding Rice
how is that any difference from oem halogen headlight assemblies with an hid kit? no rice glare here

Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
how is that any difference from oem halogen headlight assemblies with an hid kit? no rice glare here

There are design differences between halogen reflector headlights and HID reflector headlights. It's not the ballasts and actual lighting, but differences in the actual reflector itself plus the fact that reflector HID's use a unique D2R bulb which is painted on the top half to cut down glare. Plus the focal point it different. One housing is designed for a thin wire of tungsten, while the other is designed for an arc tube. Even if they were placed in the exact same position, there will be stray light and hot spots.

The debate is VERY heated on the internet, but basically the arguement is that aftermarket HID's in a halogen housing is a no-no because of excess glare produced above the cut-off line. EVERY car forum i'm on has had this arguement at one time or the other. I haven't seen it much here since 90% of the cars here are OEM HID anyway.

In terms of legality, all aftermarket kits are illegal

Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
There are design differences between halogen reflector headlights and HID reflector headlights. It's not the ballasts and actual lighting, but differences in the actual reflector itself plus the fact that reflector HID's use a unique D2R bulb which is painted on the top half to cut down glare. Plus the focal point it different. One housing is designed for a thin wire of tungsten, while the other is designed for an arc tube. Even if they were placed in the exact same position, there will be stray light and hot spots.

The debate is VERY heated on the internet, but basically the arguement is that aftermarket HID's in a halogen housing is a no-no because of excess glare produced above the cut-off line. EVERY car forum i'm on has had this arguement at one time or the other. I haven't seen it much here since 90% of the cars here are OEM HID anyway.

In terms of legality, all aftermarket kits are illegal
im not comparing reflectors on oem hids with halogen reflectors with aftermarket hids installed, you misunderstood what i said. The guy Truth was bashing the other one for getting the Ebay halogen headlights and installing hids on them saying that he probably has a ricer glare. And i said that how would it be any different than hid's installed on a G that came stock with halogen headlights which is what many people did including myself and i don't have a ricer glare

Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Truth
Great?

The HID kit is another topic...we are talking about the ebay head lamps. The OP has oem halogen lamps so it really makes no difference. Almost everyone I have read saying that the ebay lights suck, don't own them. I actually owned them and they offered pretty much oem quality with a black housing.

As for the the HID's blinding people, you are correct that most of the time that is true and it's the reason why I took them off my wifes Suzuki SX4...but the G35 apparently didn't bother most people because I did a few trial runs with friends coming in the opposite directions and everyone said they didn't bother any more than oem ones. I did have them pointing down though but they offered pretty good visibility.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 PM
^GT-ER so you didn't have to modify anything, everything was plug and play? did they fit properly with the fender and bumper?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
^GT-ER so you didn't have to modify anything, everything was plug and play? did they fit properly with the fender and bumper?
correct...it was flawless.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Nicee I'll def get em, my oems are so gross

Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 AM
im not comparing reflectors on oem hids with halogen reflectors with aftermarket hids installed, you misunderstood what i said. The guy Truth was bashing the other one for getting the Ebay halogen headlights and installing hids on them saying that he probably has a ricer glare. And i said that how would it be any different than hid's installed on a G that came stock with halogen headlights which is what many people did including myself and i don't have a ricer glare

Ah, i did misunderstand you. My apologies.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Ah, i did misunderstand you. My apologies.
No prob Stang

Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are these the same as the ones you guys are talking about?:http://www.k2motor.com/lhg3503jmks.html

i have these. here is why: i got in an accident a while ago and had to have one of my stock lights replaced. the one that got put in to replace it, had a dark grey bezel as apposed to the stock silver, plus the old silver stock one was all foggy and the new one was prefectly clear of course. i hated the mismatch so i bought these, not even thinking about the halogen vs. HID. stupid i know. now i have these installed, they look good without the lights on, but when lights are one, no HID, kind of a bummer. I want to switch my factory HID kit (or another HID kit if i have to) to them, but am afraid the housing will melt or the clear lens will get foggy and start bubbling due to heat (have had people tell me this can happen). Anyone know if this is true?

Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 PM
^those are a different brand than the other ones and they're listed 03-06, while the ones posted on the first page are 03-04 and those have amber lenses in the turn signal as opposed to clear lens

Old 11-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by CAtoPA6mt
are these the same as the ones you guys are talking about?:http://www.k2motor.com/lhg3503jmks.html

i have these. here is why: i got in an accident a while ago and had to have one of my stock lights replaced. the one that got put in to replace it, had a dark grey bezel as apposed to the stock silver, plus the old silver stock one was all foggy and the new one was prefectly clear of course. i hated the mismatch so i bought these, not even thinking about the halogen vs. HID. stupid i know. now i have these installed, they look good without the lights on, but when lights are one, no HID, kind of a bummer. I want to switch my factory HID kit (or another HID kit if i have to) to them, but am afraid the housing will melt or the clear lens will get foggy and start bubbling due to heat (have had people tell me this can happen). Anyone know if this is true?
I had HIDs on mine and it never got ugly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eBay Blackout headlights?