G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

eBay Blackout headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
^those are a different brand than the other ones and they're listed 03-06, while the ones posted on the first page are 03-04 and those have amber lenses in the turn signal as opposed to clear lens
for some reason i couldnt see tthe link before, now i can.. the ones i have actually have a clear turn signal lens, just an amber light behind it, so it looks amber in the pic.. they are both JDM though, so shouldnt they pretty much be made of the same materials, etc.?

GT-ER, i see it says they dont fit with the factory HID kit, what HID kit did you use?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got mine from k2 motor. THEY SUCK . they leak no matter how many times you reseal them. i wouldnt recommend them.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just picked up a set off of eBay, arrived today, look to be decent quality. I am planning on retrofitting them next weekend with the hardware out of my xenons. Looks like everything should fit, the moldings are mostly identical, just need to pop them open, replace the low beams, ballasts and stuff and drill out one opening that is closed on the halogens. I don't think heat should be an issue with the xenons, shouldn't run much if any hotter than the halogens.

I busted up my right side lamp hitting a tire barrier at Cal Speedway so no insurance and the only replacements I can find are $850 a piece... so for $150 and some diy time it's worth a try.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
humm I got an extra set of xenon one, not using them. I was going to do a projector but kind of dont want to now.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 AM
really?? well if you decide to sell them i would definitely be interested. but i only need the drivers side.. what kind of condition are they in? how much would you want for the 1 (or both if you will only sell them as a pair)?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by HwyDrftr
I just picked up a set off of eBay, arrived today, look to be decent quality. I am planning on retrofitting them next weekend with the hardware out of my xenons. Looks like everything should fit, the moldings are mostly identical, just need to pop them open, replace the low beams, ballasts and stuff and drill out one opening that is closed on the halogens. I don't think heat should be an issue with the xenons, shouldn't run much if any hotter than the halogens.

I busted up my right side lamp hitting a tire barrier at Cal Speedway so no insurance and the only replacements I can find are $850 a piece... so for $150 and some diy time it's worth a try.

thanks for replying about the heat issue. yea tryin the HID switch is definitely worth a try if you can do it yourself.. what year sedan do you have? are the headlights the JDM blacks? let me know how the HID kit fits and looks once youve got the lamps back in.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Please stop referring to these as "JDM black" They are simply chinese knock offs of superior headlights made by koito.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Please stop referring to these as "JDM black" They are simply chinese knock offs of superior headlights made by koito.
...just using the only name i can to know which ones he talking about..

and yea they are obviously a knockoff, why does it matter? i needed a cheap pair of headlights quick before i found a better solution to having one foggy silver light and one perfectly clear dark grey one.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Who did that repair? and where the hell did they get a light that wasn't an OEM replacement? If a shop did it they should have replaced it with an OEM headlight made by Koito Japan. Oh, and your "foggy" one will come clear with a light wet sand and polish.

Call them "Ebay Headlights"

Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM
if i had said "are those lights your getting from ebay the same as the 'ebay headlights'?" that just wouldnt make any sense. mainly,i didnt get mine on ebay, so i wouldnt call them ebay lights anyway (got them on K2).. i just wanted to see if they were the same as the ones HE got from ebay, so i used the only description they have.. no big deal

the one the shop put in was an OEM light, just dark grey and completely clear, so it didnt match my silver foggy one, so i threw the black ones in until i could find a good solution to my mismatched lights. if i can get the foggy one completely clear then i will have them color matched and put them back in instead of the black ones.

thanks for the info bout wet sanding and polish, does it become clear as new? or does some noticeable fog remain?

thanks

edit: not intending to sound rude about the "ebay headlight", if i do, i apologize, just dont know why this is a debate

Last edited by CAtoPA6mt; 11-11-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
wet sand the lens down with 220, 400, 800, 1500, and 2000 then a good polish and they should come clean

Old 11-11-2009, 01:27 PM
aright thanks man i appreciate the info

Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by CAtoPA6mt
aright thanks man i appreciate the info
did you try maguiars PlastX? you don't have to apologize to other ppl for calling them "JDM blacks" cuz thats exactly what they're listed as on ebay knock of or not, that way ppl know which ones you're referring to
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
did you try maguiars PlastX? you don't have to apologize to other ppl for calling them "JDM blacks" cuz thats exactly what they're listed as on ebay knock of or not, that way ppl know which ones you're referring to
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...Q5fAccessories

^^thank you, i agree. but no, i havent tried Meguiars PlastX.. have you had good results with it?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by CAtoPA6mt
^^thank you, i agree. but no, i havent tried Meguiars PlastX.. have you had good results with it?
try it is the best, and our car is on the cover of the bottle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eBay Blackout headlights?