G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

i lost the love for this car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Lol we have a 96 Outback that i drove all winter, but i just dont think i could ever sell my G for one. I would just.... regret it. I like a little classiness to a car. Drive it fun, but then take it to dinner.

Rather get an SUV if i was gonna go that route. Then i can tow.
I have a 98 Legacy GT wagon (basically the same car). There's a HUGE difference between our generation Legacy's and the 2005-2009 Legacys. It's not even the same ball game. Go sit in a newer with leather, dual plane mooroof. The interior is very sexy and makes the 1st gen G inteior look like a Tonka toy in comparison. A LGT/Outback XT 5MT will do 0-60 in the low 6s/high 5s. I use our LGT to haul 30 bags of mulch, fencing, furniture, etc. and load it with camping gear, car carrier with two bikes on top. There is just so much utility in this car. The 2005-2009 cars can tow 2,700lbs which isn't bad. I can't wait to get my wife a newer Outback. Yeah, I'm biased

Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is the weakest post i have ever read. you should sell it and go out and buy a family car. performance cars are obviously not for you. i never, i mean never think about mpg's.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
maybe youre having a bad day dude??? i hate my G sometimes too and wonder why i have it.

All valid points though.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I have a 98 Legacy GT wagon (basically the same car). There's a HUGE difference between our generation Legacy's and the 2005-2009 Legacys. It's not even the same ball game. Go sit in a newer with leather, dual plane mooroof. The interior is very sexy and makes the 1st gen G inteior look like a Tonka toy in comparison. A LGT/Outback XT 5MT will do 0-60 in the low 6s/high 5s. I use our LGT to haul 30 bags of mulch, fencing, furniture, etc. and load it with camping gear, car carrier with two bikes on top. There is just so much utility in this car. The 2005-2009 cars can tow 2,700lbs which isn't bad. I can't wait to get my wife a newer Outback. Yeah, I'm biased
The LGT sedan was the other car i looked at before i got my g35. Interior looks a LOT better, power was there but not as raw as a g35 but stage 2 mods will even it things out. LGT.com has most light stage 2 ( up/down pipes and tune) pulling decent high 13's low 14.

but that was about 3-5k more.

the WRX wagon newest body is exactly what i want but the insurnace rates will never settle for me. I quoted 05 G and 05 WRX and the WRX was double the rates.

I do love the car and its power. I drove it today and redlined both 1st and 2nd. it just didn't fill the need anymore.

yes i've done above and beyond in my maintence... i do 40 mile commute daily in moderate traffic city and highway with a crusie on the highway at 70-75. its just how the AWD g's work i guess. its states like 17 city and 23 highway. I get about 18-19 which is in the acceptable range. I dont drive slow..

When i said i wanted to pick up a car. i was thinking more of a $5000 miata. for the summer months. newer fancy cars dont work for me anymore... i've drove the m45's ,AMG C classes. Porshe SUV GTS manual. Nice cars but not me. Those cars are more of a IMAGE only type of car. Kinda what i think about the new M56.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by G35xChicago
maybe youre having a bad day dude???
I did have a bad month... since owning the G, i've NEVER gave up the keys to anyone to wrench on... let alone not watch them in a one on one atomsphere. I let the guys at firestone do my alignment since the lifetime alignment package is a SWEAT deal for me since i swap out coils twice a year. But they F-ed it up. Overtighten and stripped my toe bolt. Instead of a flat ecentric its a super grooved one now. Guys over here couldn't help but the my350z suspension moderator was a GREAT help to me.

I went to another one and talked to the guy and watched him. The talk made me a little more at ease as he knew WTF he was doing and saying to me. This didn't affect how i feel about the car. I can really careless if i fill up $60 in gas weekly. Its just time driving the maxima and camry that kinda made me feel like this. I still do and i know a lot of guys feel the same way, just wanted to know their reasonings as to why they are still here and driving it.

I <3 my G but i dont know if its for me

Old 04-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I f'd up trying to fix some paint work on mine last august, and suffered with it until a month ago when I paid to get the areas repainted.. It still isnt perfect to me, but others think it looks great..so whatever.. But I cannot tell you how many stomach aches I've had and how many times I really really thought about selling it or trading it in so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.. But all it takes for me is sitting behind the wheel on a friday night, (going to pick up pizza, dont have time to cruise these days) energetically taking a few corners, turning some heads, hearing that amazing VQ sound and suddenly I remember why I love this car...

If that no longer does anything for you, then maybe it really is time..

Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 PM
People are weird, if the car does what you want then stick with it. If you're saying that you drive a camry or a maxima and the gas mileage isnt the issue yet these cars somehow do it for you more then **** it and off the G. To each his own

Old 04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting thread.

I've had mine about a week and am slready feeling the same way. These things really aren't as nice as they seem the first couple of times you drive them.

I've already taken to leaving it in the garage and taking the Subaru to work most days because it is so much more fun to drive than this big, slow, heavy marshmallow.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 PM
^^ wow that sucks... I love the hell out of mine and I've had it for only a week as well. My other car is very big and heavy compared to this one so for me, it's been the opposite feeling.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by K Dub
Interesting thread.

I've had mine about a week and am slready feeling the same way. These things really aren't as nice as they seem the first couple of times you drive them.

I've already taken to leaving it in the garage and taking the Subaru to work most days because it is so much more fun to drive than this big, slow, heavy marshmallow.
are you kidding? lol wtf

Old 04-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Sceptor
are you kidding? lol wtf
Nah I'm dead serious. I feel kind of let down actually.

Meh, I'm sure I'll get over it. It's not a sports car and it was never meant to be. I just have to get that into my head a little better. I feel like I'm driving a cloud. Makes me feel old, LOL.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
This car only beat the BMW 330i in a head to head comparison test.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
This car only beat the BMW 330i in a head to head comparison test.
I cant tell if your supporting his statement or making fun of it :P id assume the first

btw what year? link me

Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Meh, I'm sure I'll get over it. It's not a sports car and it was never meant to be. I just have to get that into my head a little better. I feel like I'm driving a cloud. Makes me feel old, LOL.
Well it's a luxurious, premium-type automobile so naturally it will never feel like a Subaru. Nothing against Subies but the cars are very different

Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i lost the love for this car...