G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Auto to manual conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish it were cheap and easy. i got my car and at the time I couldn't find a 4 door x with a stick within 500 miles of me.
I have the auto - it is not even a nice auto trans, it downshifts randomly and can be very harsh. The auto shift is the wrong direction as well. After a year I still have problems with shifting the wrong direction.

I would sell and buy a stick except for the sales tax and registration in OHIO is so high.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
You can rewire it to shift in the opposite direction pretty easily.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cheaper to buy a stick instead of converting that's for sure. No headache that goes along with it as well.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Rusnak_322
at the time I couldn't find a 4 door x with a stick within 500 miles of me.
They don't make the X with a manual trans...auto only.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the midst of performing an auto to 6 speed conversion for my 06 G35. How did you figure the exact spots to drill for the
clutch pedal clutch pedal
and clutch master cylinder? Because there is not stamped imprint on the firewall to give you an idea of where to drill holes. You think creating a template from a car that already has the holes drilled for the
clutch master cylinder clutch master cylinder
and clutch pedal would work? I want to avoid drilling holes in the wrong places and having the
line up against the break pedal at the wrong angle.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM
I'm in the midst of performing an auto to 6 speed conversion for my 06 G35. How do you figure the exact spots to drill for the
and clutch master cylinder? Because there is no stamped imprint on the firewall to give you an idea of where to drill holes like the 240SX chassis has. Was wondering if creating a template from a car that already has the holes drilled for the
clutch master cylinder clutch master cylinder
and clutch pedal would work or is there a better method of figuring out precisely where to drill holes? I want to avoid drilling holes in the wrong places and have the
line up against the break pedal at the wrong angle, or have the clutch pedal sit too low, too high or too far to the left or right of the break pedal.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:54 PM
I just picked up a g35 project sedan today, and a new VQ with full 6spd conversion. if anyone could just send me a photo of the engine bay of where there master cylinder is, ill do the leg work and post up where to do it. as ill be doing it this week. otherwise ill wing it. the best way to go about this is line the new pedal up with the existing brake and gas pedal, and mark where the bolts are and just drill. lol ill post photos when im done.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:40 AM
sorrry didnt get a photo but basically, all i did was remove the floor ebrake (needs to be removed as it mounts where the clutch goes) than you drill out the spot welds on the bracket (about 7 spot welds and its a pain in the *** to do) than you get some cardboard and trace the side of the pedal that goes to the firewall and make a little template of where the bolt holes are than line up the pedal on the firewall till you get it roughly where you want it ( try and line it up with the other pedals obviously) than grab your template you made and mark the holes with sharpie on the fire wall and drill use a hole saw for the center big hole where the clutch master arm goes through. pretty straight forward. def need 2 people to bolt it up though can be a bitch otherwise mainly anyone can help even a kid or gf, they just need to hold it in place while you bolt the pedal assembly on. ill grab some photos today of everything. i just got the new motor and manual tranny bolted up last night. ALSO you only need to replace the front half of the drive shaft when doing this swap. its VERY easy to do this swap. and honestly fairly inexpensive. im into my g35 sedan for 2500$ and maybe another 200$ in random little bits like hardline for a clutch line im making and new fluids/ shop supplies. granted i need to replace the whole front clip since it was robbed before i bought it. otherwise its mint. minus the driver side door that i got caught on my hoist and bent a bit Q_Q