G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the ride so harsh on G35 with sport suspension that you feel everything on freeway speeds or is my suspension going out?

I did a 300 mile trip and it was very bumpy and could literally feel each and every thing that was transmitted from road. Is it normal?

One thing i have noticed is, at 70 mph, passenger seat vibrates a lot. And lots of undulations of road are felt. I had passengers in back seat and they were complaining of bumpiness and bad ride quality. Is it normal?

OTOH, I do love the way it handles curve at 40-50mph.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Is the ride so harsh on G35 with sport suspension that you feel everything on freeway speeds or is my suspension going out?

I did a 300 mile trip and it was very bumpy and could literally feel each and every thing that was transmitted from road. Is it normal?

One thing i have noticed is, at 70 mph, passenger seat vibrates a lot. And lots of undulations of road are felt. I had passengers in back seat and they were complaining of bumpiness and bad ride quality. Is it normal?

Also, lots of road noise is transmitted into cabin on concrete freeway roads. Its as if a window/door is open. I doubled checked all doors and windows are closed. Is it my tires?

P.S: I have never driven a car with sports suspension or this hard. My current yard stick is camry which was quite smooth over same roads.

Sorry for so many questions

Old 10-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
What kind od wheels do you have and tires? I was running a 35 series tire and it was really bumping bu when i moved up to a 45 series tire it was much smoother. However, the sport suspension is designed for you to feel more of the road so you get more feedback and can make decisions and moves more accurately.

That being said i've never thought the ride in my g35 was harsh. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a better answer than I, just my 2 cents lol.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by g35_white

Also, lots of road noise is transmitted into cabin on concrete freeway roads. Its as if a window/door is open. I doubled checked all doors and windows are closed. Is it my tires?

P.S: I have never driven a car with sports suspension or this hard. My current yard stick is camry which was quite smooth over same roads.

My car has a blown shock for 5 months and isn't that bad

Old 10-31-2011, 08:03 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by g35_white

Unfortunately it's really subjective and difficult to diagnose whether your suspension is messed up, or you're just used to the floaty Camry.

I had the (dis)pleasure of renting an 09 Camry a while back, and I found it absolutely dreadful to drive. Sure the ride was "soft" but it had absolutely no feedback either through the suspension or the steering. Plus it was all bouncy and floaty with miles of body roll.
The other thing I found disturbing was the utter lack of steering feedback. You could hold the wheel 90deg turned and it felt no different that holding it straight
If you let your attention drift for even a second, you could easily find yourself drifting off the road or into the other lane, whereas the G tracks like an arrow.
The G's ride is a lot more firm than the Camry, but not at all what I would call "harsh"... although my frame of reference is probably quite different... my Cousin has a Z with track suspension... it's "harsh" a buddy of mine used to set the shocks on his lowered Impreza to full stiff, that was "harsh" I used to own a lowered Trans Am, it was bordering on harsh... but I've never ridden in a G I would classify thus.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
The Ride Quality is not bad, a good question would be what cars did he own before to that he is comparing it too?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by DR.D69
What kind od wheels do you have and tires? I was running a 35 series tire and it was really bumping bu when i moved up to a 45 series tire it was much smoother. However, the sport suspension is designed for you to feel more of the road so you get more feedback and can make decisions and moves more accurately.

That being said i've never thought the ride in my g35 was harsh. I'm sure someone else will chime in with a better answer than I, just my 2 cents lol.
I have premium wheels that come with premium and sport package. I think its 17 inch alloys. Tires are Kumho and is riding stock size.

I understand that i get feedback, but ride is too bumpy and if i glance towards passenger seat, it is vibrating too much.

Originally Posted by VincenzG35
My car has a blown shock for 5 months and isn't that bad
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Unfortunately it's really subjective and difficult to diagnose whether your suspension is messed up, or you're just used to the floaty Camry.

I had the (dis)pleasure of renting an 09 Camry a while back, and I found it absolutely dreadful to drive. Sure the ride was "soft" but it had absolutely no feedback either through the suspension or the steering. Plus it was all bouncy and floaty with miles of body roll.
The G's ride is a lot more firm than the Camry, but not at all what I would call "harsh"... although my frame of reference is probably quite different... but I've never ridden in a G I would classify thus.
I know i shouldn't be comparing with camry, but can't help it since i have driven it over 10k miles. But i agree, its not a yardstick. The only other thing that cross my mind was the tire pressure which i am going to check today. Is 33 psi in front and 35 psi at rear good enough? i think last time i did was 35 all around.

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
The Ride Quality is not bad, a good question would be what cars did he own before to that he is comparing it too?
I have driven 2011 mustang, 2005 330ci over 1000 miles and own a camry. So i am comparing to all these cars. Moreover, i drove g35 coupe too which was better to ride than this one. may be its my car since it has 95k miles.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
^ the G35 Coupe should have the same if not similar right quality, so something is up with your car.

Also tire pressure is fine, tires can also effect ride quality as well. I am dropped on Z springs but I dont find the car to be much worse if any then anything else I have ridden in.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any website or Post
Like for g35 2007-08 <-----https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/234033-g35-tips-you-probably-dont-know-d.html
For 2005 g35 sedan?? thx

Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Not that I know of, but we could really use one...

I think I'll put one together

Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
^^ then send me link when u done

Old 11-01-2011, 11:20 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Ok.

Not much of a list at the moment... kinda hard trying to remember all those little things I've discovered over the years

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-not-know.html

The following users liked this post:
orson8888 (11-02-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 PM
^^ Thx a lot

Another question I bought the car form insurance auction it was reconstaracted...there is problem when im driving about 10-15min, my vdc and slip light come on cant turn off. any computer problem ??

Last edited by orson8888; 11-02-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
^if they come on at the same time it usually means something in the engine needs to be changed (i.e fluids and/or spark plugs). When my G was nearing the 90k mile mark my vdc and slip would come on but the car drove just fine. Went in to get the 90k tune up and all the lights went off. However you can go to auto zone or a comprable place and have the check the codes of your car is throwing any codes.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts
Can i put non sport 04 coupe shocks on my 03 sport sedan, just until i get coils?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread