G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Reedtc
I'm coming up on my first oil change since I had the car.(MPG extremely low...like 14mpg) Any suggestions on which oil to use? & air filter?
oil and air filter will not make much difference. If your getting 14mpg, you might need to change the driver.

If your car was poorly maintained and you changed everything to help MPG, you might see +1 mpg after all said and done. Thats filters,oil, tire pressure, cleaning out the trunk and other stuff. But changing your driving style/pattern can net you better MPG.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
I'm coming up on my first oil change since I had the car.(MPG extremely low...like 14mpg) Any suggestions on which oil to use? & air filter?
5W-30 any brand, though I prefer castrol, for oil filter avoid fram, purolator makes cheaper filters which are around the same price as fram and are much better in quality

Engine Air Filter- I generally use Wix Paper Filters, or Napa Gold(Which is also Wix)

How many Miles on the G? How are you calculating your MPG? City Driving?

Try resetting your ECU and have it relearn, all you need to do is unplug the negative terminal on your battery wait 30min or so and plug it back, your odometer should go blank and you will loose your radio presets.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
5W-30 any brand, though I prefer castrol, for oil filter avoid fram, purolator makes cheaper filters which are around the same price as fram and are much better in quality

Engine Air Filter- I generally use Wix Paper Filters, or Napa Gold(Which is also Wix)

Try resetting your ECU and have it relearn, all you need to do is unplug the negative terminal on your battery wait 30min or so and plug it back, your odometer should go blank and you will loose your radio presets.
If you don't mind could you provide links to the products?
& I hit 140K . And I used the navi thing to tell me my mpg which I know is incorrect. I Ran to E & put gas in there then drove like a grandma and still got bad mileage -___-..But I do sometimes let my brother drive & he is a speed-a-holic soo thats probably where its coming from.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Radio/Center console faceplate

I have a 2006 G35 and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to remove the brushed aluminum faceplate the goes over all of the controls on radio and center console? Mine is scratched up and I wanted to refinish it to make it look better.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
& I hit 140K . And I used the navi thing to tell me my mpg which I know is incorrect. I Ran to E & put gas in there then drove like a grandma and still got bad mileage -___-..But I do sometimes let my brother drive & he is a speed-a-holic soo thats probably where its coming from.
Just do some Google or Yahoo search you'll find tons of info about oil products, or you can just drop by any Pep Boys or Autozone stores to see for yourself - IMO if you really care about your G you shouldn't mind spend some time to shop around. Or you might as well just send it in to any Infiniti or Nissan dealership around you to have them do the service and check for all other issues on your car and go from there. What you got here and from another thread you asked about maintaining G should contain enough information for you to start with.

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
oil and air filter will not make much difference. If your getting 14mpg, you might need to change the driver.

If your car was poorly maintained and you changed everything to help MPG, you might see +1 mpg after all said and done. Thats filters,oil, tire pressure, cleaning out the trunk and other stuff. But changing your driving style/pattern can net you better MPG.
^ whs, changing engine oil you use won't change your MPG from 14 to 20. Our engines are not that gas saving to start with.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger

For the last few years I've solely been using 5W30 Amsoil Euro Spec synthetic blend per bythabay's recommendation. Hasn't done me wrong so far.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Mr.202?

Just use the part finders, on their sites. Try this method: fill up, reset trip computer. Next time your fill up divide your Miles by Gallons.

If you are at 140k, did you do your spark plugs yet? Are you driving a lot of city?

Old 03-26-2012, 05:09 PM

Can you give me a link to the air filter I would use for my 04 g35x sedan?

Just use the part finders, on their sites. Try this method: fill up, reset trip computer. Next time your fill up divide your Miles by Gallons.

If you are at 140k, did you do your spark plugs yet? Are you driving a lot of city?
I haven't changed my spark plugs yet. I need to check into that. I don't know if the old owner did either

Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 PM
quick question...

Is the hr y-pipe from a v36 sedan the same as the hr-y from a Z??
I found one from a v36 sedan, and want to know if its the same weight and fit as the Z hr-y

gonna put it in a 03 sedan

Last edited by Ramanl; 03-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramanl
quick question...

Is the hr y-pipe from a v36 sedan the same as the hr-y from a Z??
I found one from a v36 sedan, and want to know if its the same weight and fit as the Z hr-y

gonna put it in a 03 sedan
Should be the same

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For thoese who have done the suede headliner how many yards is needed to cover the headliner and A/B/C pillars along with sun visors.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
Should be the same
Its the same shape but at the end of this version it has resonators.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Can you give me a link to the air filter I would use for my 04 g35x sedan?

I haven't changed my spark plugs yet. I need to check into that. I don't know if the old owner did either
air filter is about $10 if you go to pepboys. They are the same filter for my 98 maxima. You go in and there is a booklet in the filter section to look up what you need.

spark plugs were due at 105k i think. Pull one of the plugs off and judge from that. Most likely unless it was dealer service up to the point you owned it, its still original plugs.

You navi screen MPG is a little off. I manually calculated mines and it was LOWER then MPG screen. Its obviously to see why they would want to error to go OVER then under actual MPG. All cars are off by a little bit, but it does give you a good ballpark.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
This might seem like a really stupid question but I need to know. I have an 06 auto Coupe that I bought a few months ago. How do i know if its the sport or base version. Im guessing base since its an auto but I want to know for sure. Again sorry if this was a stupid question...

Old 03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
I believe sport adds spoiler, front bumper, skirts, springs.

Don't know if it was available on automatics, but I don't see why not.

Not a stupid question. At least you didn't go out and start a whole new thread about it. =)

The following users liked this post:
06G35Coupe94 (03-29-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread