G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^Thank you! I'll go digging through the fuses again. That looks to be the one next to the battery. I'm just gonna check them all while I'm at it

Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Can o2 sensors be spliced? If i'm missing one of the plugs (broken) how can I go about getting the proper wires connected without having to buy a new harness (since it's NOT on the sensor side).

Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
Can o2 sensors be spliced? If i'm missing one of the plugs (broken) how can I go about getting the proper wires connected without having to buy a new harness (since it's NOT on the sensor side).
nope. did one of mine, still getting a cel.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
Actually yesw, but it's not advised, and the proper technique isn't one that most people use.
You can't put a butt connector or one of those clip on scotch locks lol. You have to solder the wires together, but you use the solder to hold the wires, NOT make the connection, the wires are looped around each other so they still make the conection.

Even then, it's not 100%, but it'll work.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Actually yesw, but it's not advised, and the proper technique isn't one that most people use.
You can't put a butt connector or one of those clip on scotch locks lol. You have to solder the wires together, but you use the solder to hold the wires, NOT make the connection, the wires are looped around each other so they still make the conection.

Even then, it's not 100%, but it'll work.
i just twisted them together, i odered a new one, i dont feel like messing with it anymore.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
so for cleaning the throttle body I've hear two ways of going about it soooo...do you remove the harness connector or leave it connected and clean it that way? Because I've read that if you disconnect it and the butterfly valve does't go back perfectly, the computer wont know when its closed etc etc so what the best way to do it?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Papa
Thanks, yeah, I've already ripped it all back out and still nothing works. I'm afraid something got fried during the process? Just need to figure out what.
HOPE ya get it figured out. It would suck if the bcm got fried. Thats not cheap. I should know i drilled a hole in mine running my airlines and 300 bucks later and a few facepalms i was up and running again

Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Can someone tell me what the sport package on a 04 sedan includes? The previous owner didn't know because he just bought it because sport packages were the only ones left on the lot, and infiniti hasn't given me a response in over a week.

So far from what I've noticed what seperates my car from the base based on pictures:

Painted undertrim all around
Different shift ****
Different rims (Wider tires as well?)
Spoiler
Bose Audio
Dual power seats with memory

Anything else I missed? Also, I noticed my headlight kind of looks like an HID? Not sure if it is or not? When reading through the instruction booklet it looks like its xenon? Same thing as HID right? Thanks

Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by DR.D69
so for cleaning the throttle body I've hear two ways of going about it soooo...do you remove the harness connector or leave it connected and clean it that way? Because I've read that if you disconnect it and the butterfly valve does't go back perfectly, the computer wont know when its closed etc etc so what the best way to do it?
To be on the safe side, first you should disconnect the battery then step on the brake for about 30 seconds, then disconnect the TB harness and start your cleaning. And during the cleaning try not to turn the valve like crazy. You might still need to do ECU reset and relearn after you put everything back together. I know some here will tell you otherwise, but after I screwed mine up I'd be extremely cautious dealing with TB next time. Just my .02.

The following users liked this post:
DR.D69 (03-06-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
Can someone tell me what the sport package on a 04 sedan includes? The previous owner didn't know because he just bought it because sport packages were the only ones left on the lot, and infiniti hasn't given me a response in over a week.

So far from what I've noticed what seperates my car from the base based on pictures:

Painted undertrim all around - Actually that's either the "Nismo" (Areo) package, or somebody had the trim painted
Different shift **** - Manual? Not sure, but I don't think the sport package has a different shift ****
Different rims (Wider tires as well?) - Correct, sport package for 04 should come with 5 spoke 17's and slightly wider tires
Spoiler - separate option, but might have been included with the sport package, can't remember for sure.
Bose Audio - separate option
Dual power seats with memory - separate option

Anything else I missed? Also, I noticed my headlight kind of looks like an HID? Not sure if it is or not? When reading through the instruction booklet it looks like its xenon? Same thing as HID right? Thanks
Xenon=HID and a separate option as well.
One thing you missed, and a dead giveaway for a sport package is red shocks (that are built a bit better than the base model) and different springs to match.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate

Painted undertrim all around
Different shift ****
Different rims (Wider tires as well?)
Spoiler
Bose Audio
Dual power seats with memory

^ none of the above except the rims. Sports package on a 04 sedan includes titanium finish interior trim, sport-tuned suspension (red struts), and 5-spoke 17" wheel. If it is 6MT it already comes with sports package. Painted under trim could be from the body kit (aero/Nismo/aftermarket), or just painted by the previous owner; spoiler could be stand-alone or part of the aero package; Bose audio and dual power seats with memory could come individually but most likely they are part of the premium package. If you can find the original window sticker you'll be able to figure out. Or post a picture so we can have a better idea.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitG5
I'm currently stock suspension wise. I've been thinking about what drop/rims to run. If I run oem coupe 18's (7 spoke) with 350z s techs & new shocks do y'all think I would rub or would it depend on the tire? I'm kind of a noob with suspension (offsets and what not). I know a little, but i've been reading a lot trying to learn as much as possible before I put my suspension together. I wanna get it right the first time. Thanks for any help.

P.S. I can't afford coils, so yeah
You'll be fine. Just get a rear camber and toe kit to keep your rear wheels in check.

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
i have a small little question to this little thread, while driving i hear a noise somewhere in the back passenger side seat. it sounds like a bag rubbing on something...
If the window fix don't fix it, check the bolts on the rear seat. I've had this problem in several other cars (Hondas - EP, TL, MDX), and it was always the bolts that held down the rear seats. My sedan had the same sounds but it always disappeared when someone was sitting in the back, so I thought that would have been the same for this car, I was just too damn lazy to tear everything apart to tighten the seats down to see if that was the problem here.

Originally Posted by drkay
i just changed the oil with German castrol syntec 0w-30 with an M45 oil filter. . .right now it's 28 degrees and in the winter some days it can go down to -15 C. my question is that 0W means the oil is thinner that 5W before it reaches normal operating temp. . .is that a problem in the winter? or even now in the summer? do i really need to let the car warm up a little before a drive?
Change your oil. The higher the first number, the safer you are in the winter. 0W means your oil is thinner and will freeze much faster and is meant for summer conditions. From what I understand, it was originally meant to be used to flush out your motor, but since it's safe to run all year round in places like California, it just caught on.

EDIT: I didn't notice how old those Qs were!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 PM
? = 2B || !2B

good way to see if you have the premium package: do your back two windows auto down/up like the fronts?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Xenon=HID and a separate option as well.
One thing you missed, and a dead giveaway for a sport package is red shocks (that are built a bit better than the base model) and different springs to match.
Thanks, I'll have to check the shocks out, and too bad I have HID, I wanted to take the lazy way out and buy some black housing headlights from ebay guess I'll be shelling out for retrofits or putting some time into painting mine..

I think the sport package does give a different shift ****,

Stock : Shifter button on left http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/INTERIOR.jpg

Sport : Shifter button in front (I can't find a better pic, if you want one lmk I'll take a pic) http://images.thecarconnection.com/s...00007771_s.jpg

Also, I don't have the Nismo package (I wish) but the entire front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper trim is color matched. If this wasn't a factory option I'd be really confused, because the middle aged gentleman I bought it from would be the last person I would guess to paint their trim.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Nissan didn't paint the lower trim on any of them that didn't have the nismo/areo package.

As for the shift ****, I think that changed in 04.5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread