G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Personally, I'd go for better looking wheels.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
Need some advice, have ~2000 for mod money. I'm considering purchasing flawless condition 350z track edition rays powdercoated gunmetal without tires for 1000. Add in tires and that's 1700. Would you guys get cheaper rims (like coupe 18s) and have money for other things, or would you buy the rims? Thanks
As a track wheel owner its a much more rare set of wheels. Everyone is rocking coupe 19's and well coupe 18's just look like stock wheels to me. I got my track wheel set because they were lightweight RAYs and i got them for a good price. If i had to do it again i would of gone with something different then what we are used to seeing on this board. Everyone here has EVERY SET of volks made, new and used. I would go outside of that circle but i realize you have a $2k budget. $1000 for a set of track editions is a little high for me, $650-700 for a set of coupe 19's are bad for what you get but like i said EVERYONE has them.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
You can get some tanabe pro 5 coil overs and name brand camber arms for 2000. Much more fantastic. You can score wheel/tire packages for cheap in the classifieds like oem rays with doable tires for 600

Old 05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
As a track wheel owner its a much more rare set of wheels. Everyone is rocking coupe 19's and well coupe 18's just look like stock wheels to me. I got my track wheel set because they were lightweight RAYs and i got them for a good price. If i had to do it again i would of gone with something different then what we are used to seeing on this board. Everyone here has EVERY SET of volks made, new and used. I would go outside of that circle but i realize you have a $2k budget. $1000 for a set of track editions is a little high for me, $650-700 for a set of coupe 19's are bad for what you get but like i said EVERYONE has them.
Yeah I wanted the tracks because ideally I'd want TE37 but those are too expensive. And yeah a lot of people run the coupe 19s or coupe 18s...yeah I feel the price is a little high too, it is in brand new condition just powdercoated/refinished though..decisions decisions..

Originally Posted by Herbbie Hablib
You can get some tanabe pro 5 coil overs and name brand camber arms for 2000. Much more fantastic. You can score wheel/tire packages for cheap in the classifieds like oem rays with doable tires for 600
I'm from Hawaii though, I've been looking for on craigslist and had a WTB ad for coupe 18's for over a month now and I haven't found luck.

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Personally, I'd go for better looking wheels.
I personally like that type of wheels, if it was free I'd get TE37's =)

Old 05-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
Coworker of mine got some two sets of Rotora BBK's from a Civic. 4 pot I believe but it's a possibility that it's a 6. I have to confirm. Wondering if I get brackets for them, would they fit the G? Also, worth it over stock brakes? And lastly, possible to use one front for the fronts and the other front for my rears? I'm not concerned about whether it's worth buying them because if I did buy them, it would probably be for dirt cheap, by dirt cheap I mean nearly free.
Basically, you CAN make almost any BBK caliper work. The biggest thing you need to know is the rotor size that they're designed for, both width and O.D.
If that size is smaller than stock size, or if the width is far-off, then they're no good to you at all.

You've also got to factor in the cost of precisely machinging the adaptor brackets, they'll be one-off custom pieces, they have to be made from High-Strength steel that's rated for High-Torque/load applications like that. None of this is cheap, by any stretch of the imagination.

And the short answer for the rear: No, they won't work.

So my recommendation, is if you're gettina smoking deal on them, get them and sell them. Take that profit and put it towards an upgrade that's made for the 350z/g35
The headache of having one-off custom Wear items is huge. Even after yo'ure done the custom work, your headaches are just beginning. Custom parts are awesome, bragging rights and uniqueness is too, but on a wear item, on a DD, it's silly, IMHO

There's places to do it, but brakes aren't one of those places.

The following users liked this post:
The Stimulation (05-26-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Basically, you CAN make almost any BBK caliper work. The biggest thing you need to know is the rotor size that they're designed for, both width and O.D.
If that size is smaller than stock size, or if the width is far-off, then they're no good to you at all.

You've also got to factor in the cost of precisely machinging the adaptor brackets, they'll be one-off custom pieces, they have to be made from High-Strength steel that's rated for High-Torque/load applications like that. None of this is cheap, by any stretch of the imagination.

And the short answer for the rear: No, they won't work.

So my recommendation, is if you're gettina smoking deal on them, get them and sell them. Take that profit and put it towards an upgrade that's made for the 350z/g35
The headache of having one-off custom Wear items is huge. Even after yo'ure done the custom work, your headaches are just beginning. Custom parts are awesome, bragging rights and uniqueness is too, but on a wear item, on a DD, it's silly, IMHO

There's places to do it, but brakes aren't one of those places.
Thanks a bunch for the input. Only reason why I was considering them, again, were because I'd get them for cheap, about 100 bucks give or take and I wouldn't mind better stopping power. It's not a necessity or anything so I'll just pass. Down the line I'll get something made for the G.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by dominate

I personally like that type of wheels, if it was free I'd get TE37's =)
They are the poor man TE's ill give you that. I do like them, it adds a little OEM+ taste to my sedan. At a glance people assume just stock wheels, only G/Z guys know what i have. Rarely do people see the "ray's" on the wheel.

I've owned 3 sets of track editions. And kept the 5 rears 18x8.5 that were clean.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OK this is ridiculous! So a few weeks ago my horn stopped working and i brought it into a shop and they found out the fuse was no good, so the fuse got replaced. After work today, i knew my horn was working because i had to honk at some guy that almost backed up into my car. When i arrived home and went to lock the car, there was no horn! Would you guys know why my horn fuse keep going bad? maybe upgrade to hella horns while im at it since the guy barely heard my car!

Old 05-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Maybe the honk circuit works but when you hit LOCK and the horn triggers that, that circuit is bad causing the fuse to break. Most likely something in the lines but it could be horn related.

Anyone shop should be able to take care of this as it sounds like a very simple short to ground.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe the honk circuit works but when you hit LOCK and the horn triggers that, that circuit is bad causing the fuse to break. Most likely something in the lines but it could be horn related.

Anyone shop should be able to take care of this as it sounds like a very simple short to ground.
any clue to what this could cost me? thanks in advance

Old 05-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
They are the poor man TE's ill give you that. I do like them, it adds a little OEM+ taste to my sedan. At a glance people assume just stock wheels, only G/Z guys know what i have. Rarely do people see the "ray's" on the wheel.

I've owned 3 sets of track editions. And kept the 5 rears 18x8.5 that were clean.
Yeah...I've been trying to get coupe 18s/g37s 19s/m35/m45 sport 19s or the track 18s for about 2 months now, and this is the first set I've found in good condition...what would you do in my situation? Putting 225/45/18 and 245/45/18 will not rub or anything right?I'm kinda leaning toward spending the 1500-1700 out of my 2k budget for the wheels, then just drop it and i'd be out of money...I was planning on getting the coupe 18s with decent tires for ~800 then spending the rest on 05-06 tail lights, plenum spacer, pulley, etc..

Last edited by dominate; 05-27-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Are there any alignment pins or anything behind the side moulding? Or can we just take the strips off?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:44 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Are there any alignment pins or anything behind the side moulding? Or can we just take the strips off?
The door guards?

Sedans yes, coupes no

TunerMax (05-27-2012)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^correct

TunerMax (05-27-2012)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is not a for sale ad.

I am trying to get rid of my OEM chrome rims on craigslist, set of 4.
I know these are not very common, does anyone on here know what's a fair price to ask for them?

Dirty pic, no time to clean them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread