G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Muney2bmade
Anyone know the difference between these two carbon fiber hoods and an explanation why one is more expensive than the other?

http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g...d-1299083.html

http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g...it-305528.html

is it just the name or what?

this is the sedan section. You might want to ask the coupe guys, those hoods don't fit our cars

Last edited by TunerMax; 12-10-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Muney2bmade
Anyone know the difference between these two carbon fiber hoods and an explanation why one is more expensive than the other?

http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g...d-1299083.html

http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g...it-305528.html

is it just the name or what?
fitment. design is a bit different. build quality. and the BRAND NAME. one is more reputable.

id go with seibon IMO, but thats just my preference. good luck with your decision.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel/Tire Size Question

First, I have done a ton of searching, only to become more confused.

The only cars I have ever modified were the 4 SVT Contours I have owned. Front wheel drive V6 prone to many problems. I liked them, but wanted something newer and nicer, hence going with a G.

I love the rake of the G, but want to drop it. Planning on Eibach springs since it appears to be an even drop all the way around.

My question is this... I want to put 19s on it. I do not want to have to worry about changing the camber and rolling the feners and al that nonsense.

I also want wider wheels/tires. I would like a larger lip on the wheels in the back then in the front for a staggered look.

What size/s would be best for this set up?

If this has been discussed before and I jsut missed it, I apologize. If someone can point me in the right direction or help me out, that would be great as I know absolutely nothing about this type of set up...

Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by doodos
I have a question that i need to be answered. I have been looking everywhere and can't find a solid answer.

I have an 03 g35 sedan and my RH side lower control arm is bent and I need a new one.
I have been searching everywhere and can not find one. I went to orielly, autoparts, and autozone and they all have a lower control arm but its for the coupe and they have no sedan in the system for one.

Question is, will the 03 g35 coupe lower control arm also fit an 03 sedan?
Here is a picture of mine so we know what part it is just incase there is confusion.
http://postimage.org/image/jcm602sy3/

Thats not a lower control arm in your pic, it's a compression rod & yes coupes will work

Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
huehuehuehue

Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
why is it when i push the auto button it always turns the ac on

Its set to 90, but it always starts with the ac and always blows at my feet

Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
92000 miles what type of oil

im sorry if this is annoying or reposting i did search for this an no answer, im a new g35x driver and im at 92000 miles on a 2006 g35x sedan and very unsure what oil i should use or start using, im not a racer, i do drive hard, i just really like my car and wanna take care of it....

sorry for anyone that i **** of for repostin repetitive post but again i did search didnt find.

thank you in advance for anyone that helps me.

Last edited by trini.s2k; 12-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
I'm very happy with my Project Kics R40 REVO lug nuts/locks. High quality, steel lug nuts that look awesome and are closed ended so they won't rust away.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by fenetix
My question is this... I want to put 19s on it. I do not want to have to worry about changing the camber and rolling the feners and al that nonsense.

I also want wider wheels/tires. I would like a larger lip on the wheels in the back then in the front for a staggered look.

If this has been discussed before and I jsut missed it, I apologize. If someone can point me in the right direction or help me out, that would be great as I know absolutely nothing about this type of set up...
Quickly: basically, Rim diameter has nothing to do with the 'room' you need to fit it, the tire size is what matters, that's the 'final diameter' of the wheel assembly, and it's the part that will hit anything, if it's going to.

Unless you really screw up and get truck-sized tires (completely wrong size) you will have no issue with a 19 or 20" rim on this car. Now, if you're talking about moronic 22"+ rims, well, you're on your own.

Here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires-25/

Originally Posted by DVG
huehuehuehue

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/vUb4X.jpg[IMG]
whutcha doooooin

Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by TunerMax
whutcha doooooin
Im making a PNP module that takes 3 inputs - brakes, turn, and city (rear lights) and puts out 2-3 outputs that act as a brake + sequential turn signal combo. Im using it on my mazda (Using the reverse, turn signal and brake housings). Difference from other pnp sequential taillight kits (mainly used on mustangs) is that the lights wont be sequential when using brakes, only turn signal. And of course, Im designing and producing it.

Last part Im trying to design before getting the components and breadboarding it is...how to get the 10.6V 1 mA signal to switch a 12V 3 A power supply at low cost. Right now I am looking at using a p channel an n channel fet feeding a pnp bjt. Im not sure if anyone here has the background to help me with that here...but Ill mention it just in case!

Also, what is the highest voltage typically seen on a car battery on any car?

Last edited by DVG; 12-10-2012 at 03:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TunerMax (12-12-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by fenetix
First, I have done a ton of searching, only to become more confused.

The only cars I have ever modified were the 4 SVT Contours I have owned. Front wheel drive V6 prone to many problems. I liked them, but wanted something newer and nicer, hence going with a G.

I love the rake of the G, but want to drop it. Planning on Eibach springs since it appears to be an even drop all the way around.

Roll the fenders, start there.

The following users liked this post:
ishiftinheels (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
DVG
Any ideas for a cool sidemarker design? I could make like 3 rows of LEDs and have them light up like a wave, going front to back, or bottom to to top, or vice versa, or whatever. If they turned out nice Id just sell them after. I want to start getting more hand on experience with this stuff

Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by DVG
Im making a PNP module that takes 3 inputs - brakes, turn, and city (rear lights) and puts out 2-3 outputs tha......
Also, what is the highest voltage typically seen on a car battery on any car?
Impressive. I don't know enough about the components to help you in this though, sorry! Either way, impressed with what you're up to man!!! Hope to see some good results!

As for your Operating voltage Q: Peak Voltage should not exceed 14.6 on a properly functioning Regulator/Alternator. The range is normally 13.3-14.3V while running, and IIRC static/steady voltage should be maintained at 13.6 Approximately.
If you do calculations based on 13.6 VDC that will be the most accurate.

Originally Posted by DVG
Any ideas for a cool sidemarker design? I could make like 3 rows of LEDs and have them light up like a wave, going front to back, or bottom to to top, or vice versa, or whatever. If they turned out nice Id just sell them after. I want to start getting more hand on experience with this stuff
I toyed with a few concepts on this but ended up writing it off because I couldn't get LED's that were spaced close enough to make it look the way I wanted. I tried EL wire also but it wouldnt bend sharp enough to make a defined 'arrow' look the way I wanted.

Dont have any pics uploaded of my tests, but here's My idea drawn in orange:

Name:  T2eC16hzoE9s5ngyDrBQkr5CCStg60_1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  22.8 KB

Old 12-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have the link to the lighting code for the bulbs of every light on the car? saw a thread on here about that somewhere, cant find it now. (06 coupe) I was re-directed here when I first had a question about my coupe so I just come here for all my questions now.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread