G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:25 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by G_DiRTY5
Yep D2R's. It's aimed like before because the same things are lit up in the same way but just a lot brighter. Like the road ahead right in front of my car is lit up nicely but things I don't want lit are also lit up a lot.

The glare is up pretty high and the way I can tell is; when I'm driving on the highway and drive beneath an overhead sign, the sign is bright untill the hood of my car is about 2 meters away from it. I'd always watch for it and feel like crap when I'm driving behind another car and their head rests are lit up.

I noticed the bulbs/light beam would "jump" everytime I hit a small bump or crack in the road. It used to do this before but now it seems worse. Maybe I didn't put the clips back on properly (silly me).

I'll fix the clips and take pics and update you though. I might just have to get those projectors sooner than I thought....
Hey I managed to take some pictures while at work

Here's one in a dark parking lot where you can see how it lights up the ground:

The pictures aren't very accurate and don't show exactly what I see in person but they're close. Earlier I was driving to a gas station and there was a car driving next to me and the front of my car was right next to his rear passenger side door and I looked into his car and on the ceiling of the interior of his car I could see my light glare....
Yeah, that output is screwed up. The hotspots arent where they are supposed to be either. There is no reason it should be like that. Can you link me to the link you bought the bulbs from?

There are really only 2 things that could cause this:

1. Improperly seated bulbs (More likely)
2. Cheap bulbs that dont have the focal point in the right place. i.e. the arc chamber is in the wrong place on the bulb, or the bulb is really angled.

Judging from the wall shots, it looks like it might just be the left lamp that is nasty. The hotspot is in the right place on the right and I think I can see a proper cutoff on it. Try standing in front of each headlight to block light and seeing what the cutoff looks like from each bulb.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
Yeah, that output is screwed up. The hotspots arent where they are supposed to be either. There is no reason it should be like that. Can you link me to the link you bought the bulbs from?

There are really only 2 things that could cause this:

1. Improperly seated bulbs (More likely)
2. Cheap bulbs that dont have the focal point in the right place. i.e. the arc chamber is in the wrong place on the bulb, or the bulb is really angled.

Judging from the wall shots, it looks like it might just be the left lamp that is nasty. The hotspot is in the right place on the right and I think I can see a proper cutoff on it. Try standing in front of each headlight to block light and seeing what the cutoff looks like from each bulb.
Alright I'll take another wall shot doing each head light separately.

Here is the place I get my HID's and LED's from:
http://www.mtrinternationaltrade.com/index.cfm

I always go here because he is literally 5 minutes from my home and if something goes wrong I can always go back to him and get a replacement. Super nice guy too!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:06 AM
DVG
Alright I'll take another wall shot doing each head light separately.

Here is the place I get my HID's and LED's from:
http://www.mtrinternationaltrade.com/index.cfm

I always go here because he is literally 5 minutes from my home and if something goes wrong I can always go back to him and get a replacement. Super nice guy too!
Given the price, they are aftermarket bulbs, which are hit or miss in quality. While they arent "fakes" because they arent philips branded, you can reference this real/fake philips bulbs to judge overall quality of the bulb: http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?9...nuine-are-they!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
Given the price, they are aftermarket bulbs, which are hit or miss in quality. While they arent "fakes" because they arent philips branded, you can reference this real/fake philips bulbs to judge overall quality of the bulb: http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?9...nuine-are-they!
Wow that link has some really good info in it, I bookmarked it for future reference. I'll take a good look at my bulbs when I adjust the clips for them later today, maybe even take some pics of them too haha.

You've been really good help I appreciate it!!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:07 AM
DVG
Wow that link has some really good info in it, I bookmarked it for future reference. I'll take a good look at my bulbs when I adjust the clips for them later today, maybe even take some pics of them too haha.

You've been really good help I appreciate it!!
No problem, the main thing you are going to want to look for is the arc position (The glass ball in the centre - compare that with old bulbs and the angle. Should be prefectly 90 degrees with no bias towards any direction. Most of the stuff in that link I provided is just stuff that doesnt really matter, but can help identify fakes.

The following users liked this post:
G_DiRTY5 (07-18-2013)
Old 07-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Can anyone recommend a brake fluid when changing from regular brakes to BBK? I'm going to be topping it off while bleeding. Going with either the OEM Nissan DOT 4 or Motul RBF600.

Leaning towards Motul. It will mix with the factory stuff already in my system correct?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by TORETTO
Can anyone recommend a brake fluid when changing from regular brakes to BBK? I'm going to be topping it off while bleeding. Going with either the OEM Nissan DOT 4 or Motul RBF600.

Leaning towards Motul. It will mix with the factory stuff already in my system correct?
ate super blue/200 is a lot cheaper

Old 07-20-2013, 12:08 AM
^ forgot all about that. haha.

Well I may go with that instead.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 years old so mind my stupidity, I have a plenum already on the car, I wanted to add berk hfcs with maybe an hks exhaust, is this good enough or would it be better to also add stillen headers, cai, with a dyno tune? I'm 17 so if there's a better / cheaper way to get better gains please don't hesitate

Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Best mods for gains not forced induction:

Plenum spacer (you have)
ART pipes (better than HFCs but won't pass the sniffer test if you have them for inspections)
Aftermarket exhaust system (HKS is only a muffler and provides no gains)
CAI (R2C is my recommendation because it seals against the hood to prevent heat soak)
Dyno tune

Headers aren't really worth the money because gains are limited unless you add cams to the mix. Just know though, that the gains from all of these mods will be modest compared to the money you'll spend. If you do all of the above you might see 50HP if you're extremely lucky but will spend close to $2000 getting all of that if you buy new.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Best mods for gains not forced induction:

Plenum spacer (you have)
ART pipes (better than HFCs but won't pass the sniffer test if you have them for inspections)
Aftermarket exhaust system (HKS is only a muffler and provides no gains)
CAI (R2C is my recommendation because it seals against the hood to prevent heat soak)
Dyno tune

Headers aren't really worth the money because gains are limited unless you add cams to the mix. Just know though, that the gains from all of these mods will be modest compared to the money you'll spend. If you do all of the above you might see 50HP if you're extremely lucky but will spend close to $2000 getting all of that if you buy new.
Appreciate the feedback, would trying to get lighter pistons make any noticeable gains or is that just a waste? I long for a day FI becomes cheap, $5000 is not easy to come by at my age :-[

Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Lighter pistons?

Anything on the G35 is a waste. The car is slow.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Btw so you know, $5000 will not get you FI
Double it then you will be

Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM
5k can get you a used SC and tune. but nothing else.

The following users liked this post:
DVG (07-22-2013)
Old 07-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is parked and alarm is set. Left rear tail light is on. It actually doesn't matter if the alarm is set or not it stays on. Didn't notice it last night.

Does my 05 coupe have a European style parking light? I checked the blinkers and all lights, nothing is turned on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread