G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
so ur missing the screw or the plastic piece the screw screws in to?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
These should help

Name:  P1010990.png
Views: 28
Size:  691.8 KB

Name:  P1010988.png
Views: 26
Size:  635.4 KB

Old 07-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
does anyone know if the sedan transmission is the same as the coupe? i called a parts place and they refused to sell me a coupe one for my sedan.
im trying to see if this one will work
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ptd/3897236582.html
TRANSMISSION 2004-2004 A.T.; from 10/03, RWD, 2 Dr (Cpe) 3.5L,AUTO $750

my car was made on 06/2004 and as far as i understand i need the ones that are from 10/2003 and up but will a coupe one work

Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey guys I need your help!

Me and my buddy finally installed our 5/16 copper iso thermal plenum spacers on both of our cars. Amazing mod!

Unfortunately my buddy couldn't get 1 of the 3 bolts off of his throttle body to install the copper piece. The bolts on the throttle body are meant to be taken off with an allen/hex key but the bolts on the throttle body are really corroded and so 1 of them got stripped and we were unable to take it off. We tried heating it up with a torch lighter but we were afraid of damaging the throttle body. (Yes I know a torch lighter is a joke but those were our available resources). We also tried turning it with a vise grip, a socket, a larger allen/hex key but no luck.

Can anyone give some ideas of how to safely remove that stripped bolt??

Thanks for any input!!

Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^You might have to get a new manifold :/

If you shop around, you might be able to pick up one (fairly) cheap.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
yea those bolts are super tight from the factory.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by G_DiRTY5
Hey guys I need your help!

Me and my buddy finally installed our 5/16 copper iso thermal plenum spacers on both of our cars. Amazing mod!

Unfortunately my buddy couldn't get 1 of the 3 bolts off of his throttle body to install the copper piece. The bolts on the throttle body are meant to be taken off with an allen/hex key but the bolts on the throttle body are really corroded and so 1 of them got stripped and we were unable to take it off. We tried heating it up with a torch lighter but we were afraid of damaging the throttle body. (Yes I know a torch lighter is a joke but those were our available resources). We also tried turning it with a vise grip, a socket, a larger allen/hex key but no luck.

Can anyone give some ideas of how to safely remove that stripped bolt??

Thanks for any input!!
drill out the head and remove the throttle body then try vice grips or possibly bend the bolt into the shape of an allen key and try to take it off.
or drill it out through the manifold and then get a longer stud to go all the way through and put 2 nuts on either end
or like NSFP said just get a new manifold, they usualy go for 70 bucks

Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPenguin
I'm getting a strange noise from the drivetrain(engine/transmission) that started about three days ago. The best way to describe it is as a hollow "GRRRRRRR" noise. At first it seemed to only occur while I was pulling out of a parking spot but just now I took her for a spin to see if I could replicate the noise. I found that for instance if im going 20 mph and throw it into fifth gear, I can reproduce the noise until i reach the appropriate speed for the gear. It almost sounds like a loose heat sheild or something.

Any help is appreciated.
For anyone else having this issue it seems that new camshaft position sensors have resolved this problem. No more noise and the car has a bit more pep!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by DVG
When was the last time the HID bulbs were changed? they lose output over time. If they are still the same bulbs that originally came with the car, you would see a large improvement in output. Especially if you went with a good bulb, like CBIs.
Hey just letting you know I put in those Bi-xenon's and also replaced the low beam bulb with a normal HID bulb to match the color temperature.

Maybe it's because the bulbs are brand new but... I seem to be getting a lot of glare from my low beams now. My headlights are the factory HID reflectors and the bulbs I pulled out were some Germany made Phillips HID's.

Also I put in 6000K so the lights shouldn't be as strong as the OEM 4300k. Maybe I only notice it because there's more color but idk.

Imagine what the glare would be like if I had installed those CBIs....

Old 07-15-2013, 09:23 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by G_DiRTY5
Hey just letting you know I put in those Bi-xenon's and also replaced the low beam bulb with a normal HID bulb to match the color temperature.

Maybe it's because the bulbs are brand new but... I seem to be getting a lot of glare from my low beams now. My headlights are the factory HID reflectors and the bulbs I pulled out were some Germany made Phillips HID's.

Also I put in 6000K so the lights shouldn't be as strong as the OEM 4300k. Maybe I only notice it because there's more color but idk.

Imagine what the glare would be like if I had installed those CBIs....
You got D2R bulbs for the low beam, right? Play with the bulb alignment, make sure its seated properly. Take some pictures if you can.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would a Left Upper Control Arm from a 04 g35 RWD fit a 04 AWD g35?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPenguin
For anyone else having this issue it seems that new camshaft position sensors have resolved this problem. No more noise and the car has a bit more pep!
What I'm wondering in the first place is why you would throw it into 5th going 20 mph. But anytime I do that all I get is clutch chatter. I'm jw why a camshaft position sensor would cause noise?

Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by DVG
You got D2R bulbs for the low beam, right? Play with the bulb alignment, make sure its seated properly. Take some pictures if you can.
Yep D2R's. It's aimed like before because the same things are lit up in the same way but just a lot brighter. Like the road ahead right in front of my car is lit up nicely but things I don't want lit are also lit up a lot.

The glare is up pretty high and the way I can tell is; when I'm driving on the highway and drive beneath an overhead sign, the sign is bright untill the hood of my car is about 2 meters away from it. I'd always watch for it and feel like crap when I'm driving behind another car and their head rests are lit up.

I noticed the bulbs/light beam would "jump" everytime I hit a small bump or crack in the road. It used to do this before but now it seems worse. Maybe I didn't put the clips back on properly (silly me).

I'll fix the clips and take pics and update you though. I might just have to get those projectors sooner than I thought....

Old 07-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by cto917
What I'm wondering in the first place is why you would throw it into 5th going 20 mph. But anytime I do that all I get is clutch chatter. I'm jw why a camshaft position sensor would cause noise?
I would hear the noise when taking off in first from a dead stop when the engine is under load. In my efforts in trying to reproduce the noise for a buddy of mine who also has a G, we found that if we put moderate load on the engine( low speed- high gear) we successfully replicated it. I threw a P0340 code not long after I started hearing the noise and changed my cam position sensors. Ive driven about 500 miles since then and I havent heard the noise since.

So once again, if anyone has experienced what I have with their 6MT, try new cam position sensors. It worked for me!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by DVG
Hey I managed to take some pictures while at work

Here's one in a dark parking lot where you can see how it lights up the ground:

Name:  20130718_014026_zps66bbafaf.jpg
Size:  25.4 KB

Here's one of the car facing a wall with a distance that I would be if I was driving behind another vehicle on the highway:

Name:  20130718_014340_zpsea9a0eb4.jpg
Size:  34.0 KB

And finally here is another angle showing how far the car is away from the wall:

Name:  20130718_014420_zps77697488.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  37.4 KB

The pictures aren't very accurate and don't show exactly what I see in person but they're close. Earlier I was driving to a gas station and there was a car driving next to me and the front of my car was right next to his rear passenger side door and I looked into his car and on the ceiling of the interior of his car I could see my light glare....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread