G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-31-2012 | 05:35 PM
18" maxima wheels on G35x??

so I'm thinking about buy a 4 18" 6 spoke wheels from a 2005 Maxima SE for my G35x since my stocks look disgusting and I can get a good deal on the maxima wheels.. will the center caps from my stock 2005 17"infiniti wheels fit on the maxima wheels??

Old 10-31-2012 | 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by jayflyxx
so I'm thinking about buy a 4 18" 6 spoke wheels from a 2005 Maxima SE for my G35x since my stocks look disgusting and I can get a good deal on the maxima wheels.. will the center caps from my stock 2005 17"infiniti wheels fit on the maxima wheels??
Yes, they'll fit. Most all newer nissan wheels will be the same center caps, different insignias. The one time I can remember it not working was with 90s center caps and 2000s wheels.

I've run 350z wheels w infiniti caps and G35 wheels w nissan caps...its all good!!

The only thing you should look into is the offsets. The maxima offset will probably be around a +40???check that. I know G 18s

It may look "sunken in" the wheel wells....just something to think about.

Last edited by Adro; 10-31-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2012 | 05:51 PM
thanks. I gotta do some reseach! I'm tryin to imagine them on there..

Old 10-31-2012 | 10:06 PM
G35
Reupholster jobs are usually just of lesser overall quality, OEM is pretty hard to match, let alone beat, it would take some serious dedication and skill for that level of quality. I would imagine it comes at a cost.

Again, guessing. I've seen some nice reupholster jobs, but I've NEVER seen one that is OEM quality on Leather.

IF you're just changing to black though, they don't actually have to re-upholster, they can Dye the seat without removing the leather. Actually, YOU can do it probably, but a spray gun is really a requirement from everything I've read, if you want it done well.

As for racing seats, meh. I only see regret in that purchase, unless you REALLY ante up and get comfy ones, and even then, regrets will be in the cost, you could buy a second car for the price of one seat.

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:47 AM
Offset is different.

FWD wheels, on a RWD car. (or AWD)

Old 11-01-2012 | 08:48 AM
DVG
fuuuuuuu I just realized I would have to change the color of all the plastic parts as well.

Probably better for me to just get the right color of seat, I can wait.

Ill ask the reupholsterer I was talk to how much it would cost to make the sedan seats more buckety though.

I like the look of the sparco chrono road, but that would be about 1400 plus shipping for everything needed, which isnt even worth considering at this time

Also, what do you think of this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DC-12V-H3Y-2-...#ht_2755wt_906

I just bought one to use on my mazdas DRL - I want a timer because I dont think its a good idea to turn on HIDs at the same time as starting the engine. Think its waterproof? Doesnt mention it anywhere.

Last edited by DVG; 11-01-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2012 | 03:21 PM
G35
Originally Posted by DVG
Headlights cut out on startup anyways, I'm pretty sure, but could be wrong.

I have 2 of those in my basement brand new, lol. Will never likely use them, but no, that's not 'waterproof'. It will work fine under the hood though, just don't spray water at it, obviously. Put it in with the battery where it will never see a drop of water anyways. You'll be fine.

They're big though, I was surprised, they're designed for industrial/commercial racking, think - huge 'processor' rooms in a large business.

Old 11-01-2012 | 03:27 PM
DVG
Well what Im doing is making independent fog lights, the relay will get its signal from the cigarette lighter. I dont know if that cuts out but I know that sometimes when I start my Mazda with the headlights on, one of the bulb goes out and I have to turn them off and on again, implying that nothing goes out. I think they just get less power

I was considering finding a place in the engine to get its signal from, but if I do it in the cabin Ill be able to wire up a switch as well. Plus I could probably tuck that relay somewhere in the center console. When you say big...how big?<-Ignore the innuendo

Old 11-01-2012 | 05:41 PM
G35
Originally Posted by DVG
Well what Im doing is making independent fog lights, the relay will get its signal from the cigarette lighter. I dont know if that cuts out but I know that sometimes when I start my Mazda with the headlights on, one of the bulb goes out and I have to turn them off and on again, implying that nothing goes out. I think they just get less power

I was considering finding a place in the engine to get its signal from, but if I do it in the cabin Ill be able to wire up a switch as well. Plus I could probably tuck that relay somewhere in the center console. When you say big...how big?<-Ignore the innuendo
- If the Mazda has HID's, the problem is a Ballast or Bulb, not the car or how it turns on the lights.

- The Relay you're getting is much better suited for the engine bay, in with the battery, it's too big to 'easily' hide or mount in the cabin, unless you tuck it under by the steering column, and even then you'll have a hard time finding a spot. Not to say it's huge, but it's probably 4-5" tall and 3" wide all hooked up.

Old 11-01-2012 | 05:43 PM
here is my G with 07-08 max wheels. they had about the same offset as the stock 17s
Name:  g1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  96.6 KB
Name:  g3copy.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  92.5 KB

Old 11-01-2012 | 05:45 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by TunerMax
- If the Mazda has HID's, the problem is a Ballast or Bulb, not the car or how it turns on the lights.

- The Relay you're getting is much better suited for the engine bay, in with the battery, it's too big to 'easily' hide or mount in the cabin, unless you tuck it under by the steering column, and even then you'll have a hard time finding a spot. Not to say it's huge, but it's probably 4-5" tall and 3" wide all hooked up.
Well it ONLY happens when I have them on before I start it, it drains power from the HIDs and this causes it to turn off. Maybe this is something to prevent flickering? I got those HIDS from ijdmtoy.

Thats actually about the size I imagined it being. If the mazda is anything like the G, there would be tons of room underneath the console.

Its kind of funny, this relay just feeds another instant relay.

Does yours look exactly like this? Was kind of worried about the quality.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:16 PM
G35
Yeah there they same I'm pretty sure, only difference in those is the actual delay time, seconds/minutes/hours, etc.

I had that same HID issue in My maxima, it's a common problem that only happens on start up normally. It's the ballast or the bulb, trust me bro.
Only other potential cause would be the lack of a Relay for an HID kit.

Old 11-01-2012 | 09:18 PM
DVG
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Yeah there they same I'm pretty sure, only difference in those is the actual delay time, seconds/minutes/hours, etc.

I had that same HID issue in My maxima, it's a common problem that only happens on start up normally. It's the ballast or the bulb, trust me bro.
Only other potential cause would be the lack of a Relay for an HID kit.
Honestly it doesnt really bother me that much, since I know about it, I was just using that as an example to show that my headlights dont get the power cut.

It isnt using a relay though, you are correct.

Old 11-02-2012 | 01:26 PM
Mmkay. Did some mild, preliminary searching (Can't really commit a lot of time to it at work). I didn't find the answers I was looking for. I have a loose driver's seat (at least, that's the way if feels). I'm going to be taking it out tomorrow or Sunday to make sure there's nothing broken or missing in the track. Is there anything I need to know about this particular vehicle's seats before I start? Any little tips, tricks or precautions?

Also, the FSM I found on this site tells me how much oil to use but, unless I have completely missed something, it didn't say what weight to use. What oil should I use in this engine?

Last edited by WideLoadTimmy; 11-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2012 | 01:31 PM
DVG
Happened to me. I found that a circular bar that went across the seat (underneath) had been broken at a weld. Got it rewelded.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread