G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.carid.com/2006-infiniti-g35-grill/

Anyone know what grille that is? (The one at the top, matte black lookin g35) theyre advertising it but not selling it lol?

Old 11-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
ionic dynamics might still have some of those.... check under market place.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I wanna say it's their emblem-less grille, or just an emblem-less grille in general lol. Just the way it matches the car looks super sick I guess.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
yes it is its a DIY... theres a thread on it on the DIY section.. thats where i looked to do mine... lol.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by MPG35fiend
ok. =( found a solution...!!

looking into forged star F14s Deep concave wheels. 19x10+20 all around.

I approve of this post

The following users liked this post:
MPG35fiend (11-03-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey guys I'm running 15mm spacers with my wheels now can barley fit a credit card between the tire and fender. I'm getting my rears rolled this week. Could I expect to fit like 25mm spacers then?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
As for a broken seat! Wow. I'd be going to the dealer for that repair, that's a safety item, they have to fix it.
I could see where the weld had snapped clean though, it just made the seat wobbly, not really loose. A dealer wouldve told me to replace it I bet haha

Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
The cost of each wheel to break down is roughly 150-300 a wheel and powder coating would be 100-150 a wheel.. So I have to find out tomorrow ..
Can't you handle this yourself? It seems like a simple procedure that could be done with the most basic of tool sets and experience. I could be wrong though, never done them. Might be something to consider though?

well it doesnt look too bad at all... i thought i would look a lot more noticeable...
Just a basic extension of the sunstrip that is already there, and a little darker to match the rest of the tinting. As long as it isn't to big it's normally a nice clean addition. I am still curious to see a full shot of this on a G though before I decide I want one

Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyone know anything about the Takeda short ram intake? First day I brought my G out to a racing kind of area, someone said Takeda is the best way to go. Probably just like any other intake but any input?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by Muney2bmade
Anyone know anything about the Takeda short ram intake? First day I brought my G out to a racing kind of area, someone said Takeda is the best way to go. Probably just like any other intake but any input?
Stick with your stock setup or get a z-tube

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...s-results.html

Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper699
Hey guys I'm running 15mm spacers with my wheels now can barley fit a credit card between the tire and fender. I'm getting my rears rolled this week. Could I expect to fit like 25mm spacers then?
i would lean towards no... you may want to consider getting a pull or cambering more to make fitment better.

but if you must put 25mm on you could make it fit by adding more negative camber.

Can't you handle this yourself? It seems like a simple procedure that could be done with the most basic of tool sets and experience. I could be wrong though, never done them. Might be something to consider though?

Just a basic extension of the sunstrip that is already there, and a little darker to match the rest of the tinting. As long as it isn't to big it's normally a nice clean addition. I am still curious to see a full shot of this on a G though before I decide I want one
yes its very simple to do, but its super tedious and takes HOURS of work. plus i sold my oem and previous set of wheels and dont have anything to sit on =( i wouldnt want to go through it myself.. hahaha. the ppl that did my reseal told me that theyll never take up another 3pc sandwiched face again... if it was hard for rim repair professionals to do it then im sure it would be harder for me 10 fold!... lol no thanks!

dude i was trippin about that whole color match thing... i just wasnt use to it color matched and was having second thoughts, but the more i research it and look at other sedans i feel better about doing it! the only thing that i would of done differently is probably painting the window trim gloss black. but then again a lot of sedans are doing black... so at the end of it all it was pointless doubting my decision.. and i still plan on getting a new set of wheels....

Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Good call, tedious work sucks, but even more so if you're rushed because you have no back up wheels!!

I do think the colour match is a good call, it's just the window visors that throw it all off because they're black. I am super curious what it would look like with them removed.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM
DVG
I'll Paypal you 10 if you never tint your head or tail lights.
Ill paypal you 10 if you find out which relay pin I have to isolate to disable only DRLs and nothing else

At this point Im considering rewiring it so that

The original high beam wire is connected to a relay that powers new DRLs

The fog light wire is connected to high beam

So I would lose my fog light, and I would use my fog light switch to turn on my high beams.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by DVG
Ill paypal you 10 if you find out which relay pin I have to isolate to disable only DRLs and nothing else

At this point Im considering rewiring it so that

The original high beam wire is connected to a relay that powers new DRLs

The fog light wire is connected to high beam

So I would lose my fog light, and I would use my fog light switch to turn on my high beams.
Ah leave that stuff alone!
Use the factory setup, it'll be much cleaner and actually easier.

Correct if wrong:
WANT:
- High beams, fogs and Low beams function as normal.
- DRL's still work, but don't illuminate the headlights at all, instead, they light up your auxillary lights (LED's?)

If everything I'm deciphering is correct, you should be able to add a CHASSIS GROUND to the RIGHT headlight High beam Ground wire, and tap into the High beam OUTPUT from the DRL module, which is Pin #6.

Your stock DRL diagram:

Name:  drl2003unmodded.png
Views: 76
Size:  154.0 KB

Modifying:

Name:  drl1stmod.png
Views: 263
Size:  41.1 KB

Modded:

Name:  drl2ndmod.png
Views: 293
Size:  43.0 KB

However, there is one issue with this setup, when your HIGH BEAMS are on, the DRL's will turn on also. If that's no problem, then wire as above. If you dont' want that, then we might have to throw a relay into the mix. The above is the easiest method, and you dont' lose fog lights.

I can tell you how to do it the way you mentioned also, but IMO, there's not much point to doing it that way unless you want to completely disable the DRL's and run your AUX lighting off a separate switch completely.

The following users liked this post:
DVG (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 02:08 PM
DVG
You de best!

Yeah, I would actually want the DRLs all the time idealy, so my plan before was just to wire it to something like the cig lighter. Ill review this when I get home and see if it makes sense to me

Oh, and FYI, I ordered these badboys: http://www.v-leds.com/V3-TRITON-6K-W...-p9815099.html

They are 1/2 as bright as a halogen low beam on white mode, in the turn signal area! I think that will suffice as DRLs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread