G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump - still hoping for any help, ideally with the part name or something more i can research for this.

Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
Unsure what the piece is even called that I am trying to look for so its been hard to search for much.

I have an '06X without nav so my antenna is the little circle button on the roof near the front windshield, no shark fin or anything, just a black circle. The black plastic on the top half cracked at some point and half of it is now off exposing the metal magnet/antenna beneath it. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not when it comes to water hitting it, but either way it looks bad seeing the metal and like a green ring or whatever else the antenna has where its normally covered up.

What would be the name of the part there so I can look for a replacement and has anyone changed theirs before? That magnet is crazy strong so Im not sure how much work it would be to take the whole thing off so that I could replace both halves of the plastic or if I'd be better just fixing the upper half. Or a third option if its all one unit, I can get the entire plastic covered magnet/antenna and just plug my cord into the new unit.

I assume it would be a simple job as long as I had the parts and wouldn't need to bother with a dealer fixing it, but if someone has experience dealing with theirs, Id appreciate the insight.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a DIY removal of rear bumper?

Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Bump - still hoping for any help, ideally with the part name or something more i can research for this.
Need a photo of the part you are talking about because I have no idea what you are referring to. I don't have such a feature on my '06 at all.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
How much should I pay for OEM 18s with tires?

The 2 front tires are pretty good. (10k miles on them)
The 2 back ones are pretty worn out.

Rims are pretty much in great condition.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Check our Marketplace under Private Classified for 18" OE wheels/tires, that should give you some idea...Gary

Old 04-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Check our Marketplace under Private Classified for 18" OE wheels/tires, that should give you some idea...Gary
ok cool. And what does it mean if it doesn't come with TPMS? Do I use it from my old tires?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket radio?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rnguyen
I'm pretty sure that my rotors are warped because my steering wheel and whole car shakes... If I replace my rotors do I have to get new brake pads as well?
Unless you JUST replaced your pads you might as well replace the pads. The extra labor of when the time comes to replace the pads will make you wonder why you didn't do it when you replaced your rotors. And IMO unless you have the rotors off your car already, bringing it to machine might cost you a pretty big fraction of just getting new rotors. And machining warped rotors are just a temp fix for hot spots and in no time the vibration WILL come back again. If you really must re use the brake pads make sure it has even wear from one end of the pad to the other as well as comparing wear to the other pads and making sure it isn't cracked.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Need a photo of the part you are talking about because I have no idea what you are referring to. I don't have such a feature on my '06 at all.
Hmm ya i will have to take and upload one, i was trying to google other infiniti's just to use a photo off of them but I cant seem to find anything showing the same antenna, so its starting to seem like i have something unique or not original... but im also pretty sure i remember reading in the past that the non-nav has this antenna.
It is the upgraded Bose system with 6 disc MP3 player HU, all stock.

What kind of antenna is your '06? It has to be one without navigation though otherwise it isnt the same deal.

Ill add a pic soon, but to reiterrate, i have a 2.5-3" diameter plastic black circle on the roof of my car in the middle right up against the front windshield and its held on by a strong magnent.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 PM
This is not my car, but i was able to come across a picture of what i am talking about which helps let me know im not the only one with it lol. Its a far away shot of the antenna, but it will help for now.

Its the black circle in the middle of the car on the roof near the top of the front windshield.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
This is not my car, but i was able to come across a picture of what i am talking about which helps let me know im not the only one with it lol. Its a far away shot of the antenna, but it will help for now.

Its the black circle in the middle of the car on the roof near the top of the front windshield.

Do you have an aftermarket Sat radio or any sort of non-standard, dealer installed feature?

The radio antenna is in the back window glass, and the navigation antenna is in the dash.

On cars with FACTORY satellite radio, there is such a bump on the roof...but it's at the REAR window, not the front.

On a car with no OEM sat radio, and no navi...you should have a clean roof.

If you have factory Sat radio, you have someone similar to this coupe, on the back glass

https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...ternative.html

Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Do you have an aftermarket Sat radio or any sort of non-standard, dealer installed feature?

The radio antenna is in the back window glass, and the navigation antenna is in the dash.

On cars with FACTORY satellite radio, there is such a bump on the roof...but it's at the REAR window, not the front.

On a car with no OEM sat radio, and no navi...you should have a clean roof.

If you have factory Sat radio, you have someone similar to this coupe, on the back glass

https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...ternative.html
No Nav at all, It is a Sat "ready" radio but I dont have the additional box in the trunk that is required to actually get a signal or whatever so I cant just subscribe for service.

Here is my actual antenna near the front windshield:

Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by cto917
Unless you JUST replaced your pads you might as well replace the pads. The extra labor of when the time comes to replace the pads will make you wonder why you didn't do it when you replaced your rotors. And IMO unless you have the rotors off your car already, bringing it to machine might cost you a pretty big fraction of just getting new rotors. And machining warped rotors are just a temp fix for hot spots and in no time the vibration WILL come back again. If you really must re use the brake pads make sure it has even wear from one end of the pad to the other as well as comparing wear to the other pads and making sure it isn't cracked.
Is there certain brake pads that go with certain rotors? Or can I just buy them different branded and not have my rotors warped again

Old 04-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=191123019938

I believe these are for the coupe however they should work with an 05 sedan as long as I have the czp g37-g35 bracket with 18" right?

Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I just lowered my car on coilovers, the rear wheels are rubbing on the coilover from the inside rim(when hitting a bump in the road). Only solution is to get spacers, but I have never dealt with spacers. There is already a small amount of camber, if I use 5mm spacers does that push the wheel out 5mm, and add camber, or delete the camber or will it be about the same?

its on a 03 sedan, fenders are rolled, tucking tire on 19x10 wheels in the back, +44 offset

Thanks

here is the only pic of setup i have now
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63005427@N05/13647445945/
(and thats already too much camber for me)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread