G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jdjesse
Ok guys, So I hit an old lady yesterday and need help keeping my parents from finding out.. I was able to get all the hair out of the grill but how can I fix the bent up hood??? Please help! I drove off so I dont care about the lady

Tide is really good for removing blood stains.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:45 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by jdjesse
Ok guys, So I hit an old lady yesterday and need help keeping my parents from finding out.. I was able to get all the hair out of the grill but how can I fix the bent up hood??? Please help! I drove off so I dont care about the lady
And you can use Seafoam on the hood, though I'd find a professional shop that has experience using it.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so I tried reading around and I couldn't figure out if there will be any issues putting on Z springs, with my stock 19" coupe wheels on the sedan? I know the difference between the revised and unrevised springs, but is there any height difference aside from the ride quality?

Old 05-11-2014, 11:27 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by a-Sarkar
Ok so I tried reading around and I couldn't figure out if there will be any issues putting on Z springs, with my stock 19" coupe wheels on the sedan? I know the difference between the revised and unrevised springs, but is there any height difference aside from the ride?
I've had Z springs on for years with 19" coupe wheels - no issues at all.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so I tried reading around and I couldn't figure out if there will be any issues putting on Z springs, with my stock 19" coupe wheels on the sedan? I know the difference between the revised and unrevised springs, but is there any height difference aside from the ride quality?
a-Sarkar, I doubt there will be any issues. On the same platform as the coupe I will describe, you drive (essentially) a 4-door 350Z. On a 2006 G35 Coupe - essentially a 2+2 luxury 350Z, after a lot of research on spring rates I went with Tein 350Z H-Techs.

On the Z, it was .3/.2" front-rear drop.............on the G35, .8/.7" front-rear. So along with that moderate drop and the spring rates in the mid-upper 300s, that's why I made that choice (compared to Eibachs @ around 1.2", if I remember correctly, with both front & rear rates in the low 400s; too stiff in my view).

And I can remember driving away after work was done and being totally satisifed with everything. It was perfect and exactly what I was shooting for. Could absolutely tell the difference in the less drag, more downforce, slightly more zip/better acceleration ('cause of less drag), no bottoming out over the know extra bumpy spots around town, etc.................all the benefits things that come with thoughful lowering. All sitting on 20" wheels, no less (275/30 rear tires......245/35s, front).

In fact, you having a sedan, check around to see if anyone's done the same springs succesfully on the 4-door; that I can't speak on, though again, I see no issues. If everything checks out OK, I'd recommend the Tein 350Z H-Techs to you. Let me know if you wanna see some pics of the coupe.. (Don't think I've posted any yet.)

Happy hunting!

The following users liked this post:
calcul8 (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitch111
a-Sarkar, I doubt there will be any issues. On the same platform as the coupe I will describe, you drive (essentially) a 4-door 350Z. On a 2006 G35 Coupe - essentially a 2+2 luxury 350Z, after a lot of research on spring rates I went with Tein 350Z H-Techs.

On the Z, it was .3/.2" front-rear drop.............on the G35, .8/.7" front-rear. So along with that moderate drop and the spring rates in the mid-upper 300s, that's why I made that choice (compared to Eibachs @ around 1.2", if I remember correctly, with both front & rear rates in the low 400s; too stiff in my view).

And I can remember driving away after work was done and being totally satisifed with everything. It was perfect and exactly what I was shooting for. Could absolutely tell the difference in the less drag, more downforce, slightly more zip/better acceleration ('cause of less drag), no bottoming out over the know extra bumpy spots around town, etc.................all the benefits things that come with thoughful lowering. All sitting on 20" wheels, no less (275/30 rear tires......245/35s, front).

In fact, you having a sedan, check around to see if anyone's done the same springs succesfully on the 4-door; that I can't speak on, though again, I see no issues. If everything checks out OK, I'd recommend the Tein 350Z H-Techs to you. Let me know if you wanna see some pics of the coupe.. (Don't think I've posted any yet.)

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the detailed reply. Some great info, I'm looking for a very very mild drop due to the fact the roads where I am aren't the best.. Which is why I was considering OEM 350z springs. but at the moment theres really not much wheel gap in the back of my sedan now with the coupe 19's (bigger tires in rear). But there is quite a bit in the front, and would really want to avoid rolling fenders if I could which is the dilemma But I'd love to see some pics!

Old 05-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the detailed reply. Some great info, I'm looking for a very very mild drop due to the fact the roads where I am aren't the best.. Which is why I was considering OEM 350z springs. but at the moment theres really not much wheel gap in the back of my sedan now with the coupe 19's (bigger tires in rear). But there is quite a bit in the front, and would really want to avoid rolling fenders if I could which is the dilemma But I'd love to see some pics!
Anytime..........glad to pass on the info. Now, let's see if we can find some before & afters where you'll notice that you might have to do a double-take to even notice - no pun intended.

Point being, on balance it's 3/4" drop; modest by most standards, so here goes (before-after-before-after):

Attached Thumbnails Random Little Question Thread-ds-before-tein-350z-h-tech.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-ds-after-tein-350z-h-tech.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-ps-before-tein-350z-h-tech.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-ps-after-tein-350z-h-tech.jpg  
Old 05-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mitch111
Anytime..........glad to pass on the info. Now, let's see if we can find some before & afters where you'll notice that you might have to do a double-take to even notice - no pun intended.

Point being, on balance it's 3/4" drop; modest by most standards, so here goes (before-after-before-after):
And here are a couple more angles from the front & rear quarters (same order):

Attached Thumbnails Random Little Question Thread-dscn0504.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-u.s.-driver-side-front-quarter.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-dscn0508.jpg   Random Little Question Thread-u.s.-passenger-side-rear-quarter.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can sedan springs be put on a coupe? Is there any issues or differences since i noticed the OEM part numbers are different.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:06 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
They technically could I guess but it would lift the car...

Old 05-15-2014, 08:14 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Ah yeah! Jeep status yo!

thegreatkwijibo (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Yes, a simple search can answer this for you. I have provided you with a link on suspension and how they are interchangeable between the Z, coupe and sedan.

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html

calcul8 (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Rear Clicking

Hey guys! New to the forums and the infiniti world, I'm loving the car but I'm getting this incredibly annoying clicking from the right rear. Its only when the brakes are warm and its at all speeds, but only when everything is warmed up. However I can't see it being the notorious rear axle click because it disappears when the brakes are applied. Best guess is that it's rotor related, any ideas?

-Josh

Old 05-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Try checking the Master FAQ.
It's on the top of every forum for a reason.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm curious if there is a noticeable difference from grocery store gas stations compared to more name brand ones. I understand somewhere like Shell for example will add more detergents and things to their blend where as a typical grocery store with gas will most likely just sell it how they got it which has a required amount of additives. Is there commonly anything noticable from running a less name brand that anyone has seen/read about or reasons to stay away if possible?

Lately I have been filling up at a Kroger (grocery chain) mostly because their price seems to be on the better end for the city AND for like $.06 more I can go from 89 octane to 93 octane where as everyone else would be typically a $.15 increase for 91.
To be sure, I know our engines recommend premium which i assume they mean 91 octane, but 93 would be better to run than 89, right?

And back to the initial comments, do you think I would notice much difference (positive or negative) if I ran 91 octane from a name brand (Shell/Exxon/Mobile/etc) versus my current 93 from Kroger? Or to take it further, name brand 89 versus Kroger 93?

Im sure more can come into play for people with FI, Im still NA, but id welcome comments pertaining to both sides just to see how its affected if at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread