G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisconrey
hey guys i have a 2005 g35 coupe and today i was driving home from about 5 miles away and i saw smoke coming from under my hood. i checked my temperature gauge and saw it was extremely overheated i pulled over and shut off my car. i opened my hood and saw that my coolant reservoir had completely emptied itself and there was coolant all over my grill, radiator, and all around my reservoir. i filled it back up and made it home.. my tempature went back up steadily and when i got home it was overheated, i checked the reservoir and it was completely full..

i got my car tuned at uprev yesterday so idk if that could have anything to do with it.. any help would be extremely appreciated i have no idea what to look for
Pressure test, bro. Go rent the pressure test pump from autozone/carquest/O'Reilly. Please don't tell me it got all the way to H on the guage. Never run an overheated car.

Your radiator is probably busted. These cars are 10yrs old and the plastic on the radiators becomes brittle with all that heat under the hood. The smallest bump can crack dat as$.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently my CEL went on and I went to autozone to see what was going on. They said I need a new Oxygen sensor downstream on the right side. I have a sedan 03, do i need to get a OEM one or can i get an aftermarket?

Old 11-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by rnguyen
Recently my CEL went on and I went to autozone to see what was going on. They said I need a new Oxygen sensor downstream on the right side. I have a sedan 03, do i need to get a OEM one or can i get an aftermarket?
OEM is always better for smog related components.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
OEM is always better for smog related components.
Okay, do you know if that part is hard to replace or should I just go to a shop and pay the labor?

Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by rnguyen
Okay, do you know if that part is hard to replace or should I just go to a shop and pay the labor?
Shouldn't be too hard. They are usually on there tight as fug, and I'm not sure exactly how hard they are to reach in this car. If you can't get the leverage you need it may be difficult. Not sure. Of course I always find one way or another, so I can't say go to a mechanic. If you are not sure tho, I guess its an option.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Shouldn't be too hard. They are usually on there tight as fug, and I'm not sure exactly how hard they are to reach in this car. If you can't get the leverage you need it may be difficult. Not sure. Of course I always find one way or another, so I can't say go to a mechanic. If you are not sure tho, I guess its an option.
Okay thanks for the feedback!

Old 11-27-2014, 05:25 AM
quality aftermarket ?

hello, i just bought an 06 black 6mt g35 and its my first non-bmw car im looking to make my G35 sound 5 times better. what do you guys recommend ?

Old 11-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
motordyne. use search bar and you will see

Old 12-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Any slammed guys here run with their splash shield off? Mine is hanging off from the back and is scraping every small imperfection in the road, looks like a few of the mounting holes are torn. I'm gonna try and duct tape it or something but cannot afford a new one after getting my lower control arms replaced..

Old 12-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
Any slammed guys here run with their splash shield off? Mine is hanging off from the back and is scraping every small imperfection in the road, looks like a few of the mounting holes are torn. I'm gonna try and duct tape it or something but cannot afford a new one after getting my lower control arms replaced..
What's a splash sheild? Lol its fine I don't have any on my car anymore and I only have the back half of my front fender liners just so dirt doesn't get kicked up into my door jam.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Splash shield/undertray that thing thats below your engine, the thing that hangs the lowest under the car lol. Wow if you dont run your fender liners, you know what your fender height is at? I'm at almost 24.5" on coupe 18s and my tires rarely rub the liner.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by dominate
Splash shield/undertray that thing thats below your engine, the thing that hangs the lowest under the car lol. Wow if you dont run your fender liners, you know what your fender height is at? I'm at almost 24.5" on coupe 18s and my tires rarely rub the liner.
LOL yeah I kinda didn't have choice though, the splash shield got ripped in half on the freeway and i lost the one half lol. But I had to take off the front of the liner. If I remember correctly I set the height at 23" on 245/35/20. It rubbed the crap out of them so in the shed they went.

Although I recently hit a huge puddle and it kicked up water into my headlight and blew the balast. But the person I got the lights from didn't seal the holes from the hid fog lights so I fixed that and it should be good now. That's the only problem I've had so far.

Last edited by westsideblu; 12-05-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Anyone know the Low Tire Pressure warning threshold for when the light kicks on?

According to the inside of my door, the recommended pressure is 30PSI, I usually do 31, but either between a slow leak or colder temperatures, my light will turn on when I have a tire at like 28.5 or 29PSI.

That seems pretty extreme to have it engage so soon, I guess I am used to other cars where it turns on much lower like say 25psi where it would really show immediate need. I just get annoyed that it pops on and I wonder if its safe to drive to work before I can fill it and come to find out its only 1lb low.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
Anyone know the Low Tire Pressure warning threshold for when the light kicks on?

According to the inside of my door, the recommended pressure is 30PSI, I usually do 31, but either between a slow leak or colder temperatures, my light will turn on when I have a tire at like 28.5 or 29PSI.

That seems pretty extreme to have it engage so soon, I guess I am used to other cars where it turns on much lower like say 25psi where it would really show immediate need. I just get annoyed that it pops on and I wonder if its safe to drive to work before I can fill it and come to find out its only 1lb low.
I've got coupe 19's that I also try to keep at ~30PSI. TPMS light doesn't come on for me until they drop to around ~25-26 PSI

Old 12-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by calcul8
I've got coupe 19's that I also try to keep at ~30PSI. TPMS light doesn't come on for me until they drop to around ~25-26 PSI
Ya that sounds more like I would expect. Are the sensors able to be calibrated or something if I go to a dealer? It obviosuly isnt a huge need for me, but if its cheap/free I'd tag it onto an oil change. Maybe something got screwy the last time tires were put on, I bought the car just after they had a new set so I've only done rotations, but I'll need new tires within a year.

---
Also I just though of this side question, for those of you with bluetooth phones, what speakers does the sound come out of when talking to someone? I feel like mine has always been bad or its a poor design because I only hear things from the passenger side of the car, I believe its the door tweeters, but would have to double check which exact speaker. Is this normal or should the driver side have voice too?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread