G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 G35X, SES light came on today and since I have an Uprev cable I pulled the code.

P0462 - Fuel level sensor circuit low input: http://infinitihelp.com/diy/obd_code...initi_g35.html

I will first monitor it and clear it myself if it doesn't go away after a day of driving, but just figured I'd see if anyone else had experience with this.

I have read our fuel gauges aren't accurate, Im not sure if this is the exact same general experience, or this is more related to the code, but my gauge will at times go to say 1/4 or 1/8th of a tank and then later slide up to like 1/2 a tank, and then possibly shoot down and turn on the gas light after a bit.

I just go by mileage and when at 300ish i fill up the tank, usually get 18.5 mpg so that puts in like 17 gallons, perhaps I let it run too low and should get in the habit of filling it up sooner? Not sure if that would help/change the situation at all.

If this does require the fix listed in the link (I am kind of surprised its under the rear seat) then is it something I would HAVE to do, or can I just ignore it and not rely on the gauge? I'd think this is a $200 fix or more and unless it can cause other issues, a faulty gauge isn't worth that to me, especially when it would likely just go to the normal not very accurate gauge lol.

Either way, if you have some input on the code, I'd appreciate it.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 AM
Will the nismo s tune exhaust that says for 370z fit an 04 g35? Just got the car recently and new to all this and most car stuff. Will appreciate any help. I also think I saw you need a5 inch extension? Where would I find one lol. Thanks in advance everyone😅

Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Not without modification

Old 09-05-2015, 02:13 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
2006 G35X, SES light came on today and since I have an Uprev cable I pulled the code.

P0462 - Fuel level sensor circuit low input: http://infinitihelp.com/diy/obd_code...initi_g35.html

I will first monitor it and clear it myself if it doesn't go away after a day of driving, but just figured I'd see if anyone else had experience with this.

I have read our fuel gauges aren't accurate, Im not sure if this is the exact same general experience, or this is more related to the code, but my gauge will at times go to say 1/4 or 1/8th of a tank and then later slide up to like 1/2 a tank, and then possibly shoot down and turn on the gas light after a bit.

I just go by mileage and when at 300ish i fill up the tank, usually get 18.5 mpg so that puts in like 17 gallons, perhaps I let it run too low and should get in the habit of filling it up sooner? Not sure if that would help/change the situation at all.

If this does require the fix listed in the link (I am kind of surprised its under the rear seat) then is it something I would HAVE to do, or can I just ignore it and not rely on the gauge? I'd think this is a $200 fix or more and unless it can cause other issues, a faulty gauge isn't worth that to me, especially when it would likely just go to the normal not very accurate gauge lol.

Either way, if you have some input on the code, I'd appreciate it.
My fuel gauge does the same.

Yesterday I was driving home fr work the gauge started out at 1/4. when driving it went up to almost half, and before I got home it was back down to less than a 1/4. The gauge issue is common on our cars. I always just go by how much gas I put in, and estimate the mpg based on my driving. The gauge is a very loose guide. Its not worth $200+ to get it fixed, unless you can do it yourself for cheaper. I'd just stick with it for now and calculate your total range based on how much gas you put in.

One time I was on "E" while the Info Screen on my Nav said that my range is "0 miles" and I kept driving for a couple of miles to the next gas station.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 04 g35 sedan, and for some odd reason my passenger headlight turn signal bulb does not stay on when i turn on my headlights, but works when activating the turn signal. I tried changing the bulb to a new 7443 since I know that 7443 is dual filament but it still won't stay on when turned on. I notice that when I go on long trips however, it will suddenly work again. Any ideas? THanks!

Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Is it normal for the care to change gears on the gear shifter without pressing the brakes. Because most cars you have to press the brakes before you can move the bar.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Looks like its a month of odd little problems for me...

Today I turned off my car and went to lock it with the button by the outside handle like normal, but nothing happened. I then tried the keyfob itself and still nothing, finally I tried the door button on the inside and again nothing. Lastly, I went to turn the key and try starting it up again and absolutely nothing happened again.

I then checked the battery to see if it is corroded or something to cause a bad connection because obviously I am getting zero power to the car. When I moved the positive cap off and maybe tapped the connection a bit, I saw a tiny spark the size of a pin ***** and then heard the electrical make a noise inside.

Upon opening the door I could tell my electrical was working again, car started up and everything, but my radio was reset and all of that as if I unplugged the battery and left it off for a bit. This was all in the matter of 30 seconds or less. I thought removing the battery lead takes a bit longer to have the car reset, like maybe a few hours, but perhaps I am thinking of something else where you let it sit overnight unplugged.

Either way, should I be looking into fuses at all or disconnect the battery and thoroughly clean the connection or check any specific cables for damage? It was so out of the blue and didn't really have any signs of electrical issues leading up to it, just one minute perfectly working and a second after turning off the car it all shut down.

The only other piece of information that might apply is that I took it on 4 short trips in 30 minutes. Drove it like 1/4 mile and turned off, 5 minutes later drove it another 1/4 mile and off, and then the same 2 short 1/4 mile on and offs about 25 minutes later.

Any help or insight would be appreciated as I would hate for this to happen while driving down the road or if I was far from home.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:58 AM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger

Today I turned off my car and went to lock it with the button by the outside handle like normal, but nothing happened. I then tried the keyfob itself and still nothing, finally I tried the door button on the inside and again nothing. Lastly, I went to turn the key and try starting it up again and absolutely nothing happened again.

I then checked the battery to see if it is corroded or something to cause a bad connection because obviously I am getting zero power to the car. When I moved the positive cap off and maybe tapped the connection a bit, I saw a tiny spark the size of a pin ***** and then heard the electrical make a noise inside.

Upon opening the door I could tell my electrical was working again, car started up and everything, but my radio was reset and all of that as if I unplugged the battery and left it off for a bit. This was all in the matter of 30 seconds or less. I thought removing the battery lead takes a bit longer to have the car reset, like maybe a few hours, but perhaps I am thinking of something else where you let it sit overnight unplugged.

Either way, should I be looking into fuses at all or disconnect the battery and thoroughly clean the connection or check any specific cables for damage? It was so out of the blue and didn't really have any signs of electrical issues leading up to it, just one minute perfectly working and a second after turning off the car it all shut down.

The only other piece of information that might apply is that I took it on 4 short trips in 30 minutes. Drove it like 1/4 mile and turned off, 5 minutes later drove it another 1/4 mile and off, and then the same 2 short 1/4 mile on and offs about 25 minutes later.

Any help or insight would be appreciated as I would hate for this to happen while driving down the road or if I was far from home.
Apologies if this sounds like a silly question, but have you tried replacing the battery in the keyfob? My car has sometimes exhibited some of the same issues (trouble locking/unlocking the car) when the battery in the keyfob started to die.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:35 AM
? = 2B || !2B

I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine did the exact same thing. I cleaned the battery terminal and it was fine for a long time, but when it did it again, I tightened it down more but got carried away and stripped it, so I just bought a new battery cable end from the auto ppart place for around $5, replaced it in the parking lot, and haven't had any problems since

Old 09-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by calcul8
Apologies if this sounds like a silly question, but have you tried replacing the battery in the keyfob? My car has sometimes exhibited some of the same issues (trouble locking/unlocking the car) when the battery in the keyfob started to die.
I originally considered it when the keyfob didn't register, but as soon as the door button inside with like the window buttons did nothing I knew it wasnt the key. Plus moments later it all came back on when the battery reconnected. Also the car's key icon usually blinks upon startup letting you know the fob is starting to get a low battery.

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine did the exact same thing. I cleaned the battery terminal and it was fine for a long time, but when it did it again, I tightened it down more but got carried away and stripped it, so I just bought a new battery cable end from the auto ppart place for around $5, replaced it in the parking lot, and haven't had any problems since
To clarify, you only changed the metal tip end that goes around the terminal and nothing with the actual cable that continues into the engine somewhere not easily seen?

I am wondering if I could also have a grounding issue somewhere. I remember about a year ago I had 1 or 2 days max where I would get Slip and VDC lights kick on and i happened to flip my brights on for a dark road and like all my electrical turned off and back on (lights, radio, etc). This only happened for that 1 or 2 days though (I only tried it maybe twice to test) and has been fine since so it could be water or ice that had some effect, I believe it was winter at the time.

Maybe this is a good reason to justify getting a grounding wire kit I dont know if I'd easily connect them though since I dont have anything besides the stock spare tire jack.

- Thanks for the replys though guys, I will keep monitoring it and if anything happens again I can try the metal connector for the battery as a cheap fix or ask some mechanic to take a deeper look. Also, I had some old battery terminal protectant spray in my toolbox so I gave the terminals a nice spray and swung by the auto store to get the battery tested to rule that out, it was perfect according to their machine.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:49 AM
? = 2B || !2B

To clarify, you only changed the metal tip end that goes around the terminal...
Correct.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:56 AM
I cannot find the difference but is the muffler for a 2004 g35 sedan RWD same as the 2004 g35x sedan? I have an 04 g35x and I need a new muffler. But all the bosal and walker mufflers state RWD g35

Old 09-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
So a while back, I was involved in a collision on my driver front side corner. Bumper cover gashed by side marker, tab broken off driver headlight, and my passenger HID bulb went out (but it turned right back on after turning my headlights off and on). After that, my passenger HID bulb would go out every so often over large bumps. Now, its cutting out pretty frequently over small bumps. Even my driver side headlight cut out one time. Does this sound like a bad ballast? This only started happening after the collision..Thanks

Old 09-19-2015, 03:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this gas for a sedan x and base model the same size from 2004-06?

Old 09-19-2015, 08:06 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Gas what???
Gas tank? Gas pedal? Gas gauge? Gas expulsion rate of occupants???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread