G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
^F*ck comfort

Old 02-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Fukcin A, man. If you got em that cheap just run em. Not bad at all.

It'll actually give you an idea on whether or not you wanna go to Z shocks when they need to be replaced. At the Z height springs you could go with Z or G shocks and kinda mess around with what's best for your comfort.
Interesting, I hadn't picked that up from reading.. I thought that Z shocks were recommended if you are running Z springs.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by volkey
Interesting, I hadn't picked that up from reading.. I thought that Z shocks were recommended if you are running Z springs.
Not necessarily. If you're running aftermarket Z springs then yes, cuz those would be much shorter. With only a half inch to an inch difference tho, you can run either.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking into a gas added fuel injection cleaner to try. I'm not experiencing any major problems or anything so I am not interested in a full $150+ cleaning, just figured a $15 or so product might help improve my gas mileage a bit and clean out some long term carbon etc. If nothing is improved I am only out a few dollars, and i don't see how it will hurt anything so I figure its worth a shot. I also know not to go with the cheapest like $4 cleaner and expect the same results.

I have done a good amount of research and have come across the bigger names in this area and just wanted some current day feedback as it seems a lot of the products have changed over the years and old reviews are now useless since its a different product.
A great example is BG 44k which seemed to be the easy #1 choice until they did a formula change and now it might not be in the top 5 anymore since it lost the main detergents and is one of the higher priced products.

I am curious what people are using today and if they notice it working better than other products they have tried. I'm not looking for what you loved in the year 2000 or something where it may not apply to todays offerings, i need it to be the same formula and accessible in 2015.

The main 3 I have looked into are:
BG 44k (the new formula) it may still work, but not sure.
Redline SI-1
Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus

Any feedback or opinions on the above or your own favorite in todays market?

I planned on running something right before I go on a 400 mile trip so it will run 100% through the system in one day as opposed to sitting in the tank over a week or so. I think this is best, but if not let me know of that as well.

*edit* I meant to add that I usually have just gone with the cheapest premium in the area which is likely at walmart and obviously their gas varies from each shipment. I don't think its at the bottom for quality, but it also isnt the same as being loyal to a Shell or Chevron station and putting the better gas in all the time. People who are 100% putting in the top tier gas likely have a much lower need for outside fuel additives to try and clear things up.

Last edited by MrTBahgs; 03-22-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:26 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^ Call me a redneck, but I've always had decent success with SeaFoam deep-creep in the intake combined with an "Italian tuneup"

The following 2 users liked this post by NFSP G35:
calcul8 (03-23-2015), Urbanengineer (03-24-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Hmm, i have heard of seafoam plenty of times, but not deep-creep, I will have to look into it a bit more.
As for regular Seafoam, I thought it doesnt really do a whole lot unless there are serious problems and also that a chemical inside the product is a big part of the smoke that comes out to give an effect like its doing big things. Perhaps I have come across some mixed reviews and info. Also I feel like I have heard of it being used more with the oil than gas.

Back to deep-creep, I wasnt really looking to take apart things for the cleaning so I still want to try some pour in fuel additive and will try and remember your suggestion in the future, thanks.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^ Call me a redneck, but I've always had decent success with SeaFoam deep-creep in the intake combined with an "Italian tuneup"
The Rossi treatment we call it at the track lol.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by MrTBahgs
Hmm, i have heard of seafoam plenty of times, but not deep-creep, I will have to look into it a bit more. As for regular Seafoam, I thought it doesnt really do a whole lot unless there are serious problems and also that a chemical inside the product is a big part of the smoke that comes out to give an effect like its doing big things. Perhaps I have come across some mixed reviews and info. Also I feel like I have heard of it being used more with the oil than gas. Back to deep-creep, I wasnt really looking to take apart things for the cleaning so I still want to try some pour in fuel additive and will try and remember your suggestion in the future, thanks.
There is a guy named ChrisFix on YTube that shows the effects of sea foam on a truck and lawn mower. Results are reasonable.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:46 PM
05-06 sedan sport wheels 18 inch g35 oem

Hey guys, what's a reasonable asking price for a set of used 05-06 oem sedan sport wheels 18 inch without tpms and tires in fair condition? Thanks in advance!

Old 03-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
No more than $500 imo

Old 03-31-2015, 03:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Can't find a definitive answer..

Will the RevUp heads P&P'd with cams produce better flow and power than a set of modified VQ30 heads with cams, cam gears, etc..??

Old 04-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Front Lip Spoiler?

I've searched G35Driver & can't find an answer to my question anywhere. I'm looking for a front lip spoiler for my 2006 G35x Sedan that looks like the OEM. In spite of being a guaranteed perfect fit, the fiberglass "Ionic Dynamics" lip isn't my 1st choice. My car is a daily driver & I live in N.E. I worry that fiberglass could possibly break in the cold/snow/winter weather. I found this polyurethane one that's supposed to fit a sedan, but some other listings say Coupe only. My 'noob' question, will a 03-07 Coupe lip fit OK on an 06 sedan? From the picture it looks like this lip fits on a 06 sedan (small grill). Or am I mistaken & it's a Coupe in the picture.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by BobPezz
I've searched G35Driver & can't find an answer to my question anywhere. I'm looking for a front lip spoiler for my 2006 G35x Sedan that looks like the OEM. In spite of being a guaranteed perfect fit, the fiberglass "Ionic Dynamics" lip isn't my 1st choice. My car is a daily driver & I live in N.E. I worry that fiberglass could possibly break in the cold/snow/winter weather. I found this polyurethane one that's supposed to fit a sedan, but some other listings say Coupe only. My 'noob' question, will a 03-07 Coupe lip fit OK on an 06 sedan? From the picture it looks like this lip fits on a 06 sedan (small grill). Or am I mistaken & it's a Coupe in the picture.

You might want to check the Ionic Lip again. Check reviews, I'm sure there are plenty of people that have/had that lip in the snow. The fiberglass they use I meant to flex a little, so I don't think the cold would jeopardize the integrity.

The following users liked this post:
BobPezz (04-02-2015)
Old 04-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by CG4DR
You might want to check the Ionic Lip again. Check reviews, I'm sure there are plenty of people that have/had that lip in the snow. The fiberglass they use I meant to flex a little, so I don't think the cold would jeopardize the integrity.
Thanks for the reply. I read many reviews in the past on Maxima.org when I had my 2001 SE. You're correct, the Ionic lip is slightly flexible fiberglass. But there's still many reports of cracking, especially in cold weather. I had a Stillen polyurethane lip on the Maxima & know it's nearly indestructible. I accidentally drove off a curb that was covered in black asphalt sealer. Which looked like a parking lot exit on a rainy night. It was a big hit that even scraped the radiator support! No damage to the Stillen lip, except for some paint scratched off the bottom. So I'm sold on the durability of polyurethane. If the Ionic lip was polyurethane, I'd get it w/o question. So what I really need is answers on a polyurethane option. BTW; I saw the "Duraflex" polyurethane sedan lips, not a fan of the Non-OEM look.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by BobPezz
Thanks for the reply. I read many reviews in the past on Maxima.org when I had my 2001 SE. You're correct, the Ionic lip is slightly flexible fiberglass. But there's still many reports of cracking, especially in cold weather. I had a Stillen polyurethane lip on the Maxima & know it's nearly indestructible. I accidentally drove off a curb that was covered in black asphalt sealer. Which looked like a parking lot exit on a rainy night. It was a big hit that even scraped the radiator support! No damage to the Stillen lip, except for some paint scratched off the bottom. So I'm sold on the durability of polyurethane. If the Ionic lip was polyurethane, I'd get it w/o question. So what I really need is answers on a polyurethane option. BTW; I saw the "Duraflex" polyurethane sedan lips, not a fan of the Non-OEM look.
Yeah, poly is pretty tough stuff. I mean the factory bumpers and other trim I made out of it. Most of the time those parts take beatings, so I see your point for proven information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread