G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New guy here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
New guy here

Hey guys, i am just joining after recently buying an 06 sedan, auto...i finally decided to retire my 00 custom prelude after 8 years of owning it...it has been my pride and joy throughout the years, but decided i've come to the age where i'd rather just enjoy a nice ride...g35 sedan just became my new daily...just wanted to give a quick intro

new g:

since then, i've changed license plate lights to leds (taken from my prelude)
wetsanded and buffed the headlights to a perfect finish, changed oem intake to k&n with bpi flowstack and oversized filter (also from my lude), and have begun debadging the rear..

and a couple of pics of said prelude:

Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Welcome to the family. Can't wait to see what you'll do to the G. Looks like the Lude was tastefully modded.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome

Nice Prelude. I used to have a '93 Prelude VTEC, that car was great. Still miss it sometimes. Did you get a good deal on your '06 G35?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the G Family, Used to have a 98 Lude awhile back. This is a great transition car.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Nice car.

Might want to rethink the open filter in the engine bay. Not the best way to make power. A drop in K&N in the stock airbox with a Z-tube would be a better option.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Welcome to driver. The prelude looks very clean. You have great taste that I'm sure will carry over to the G. The sedan section has AMAZING G's in there

Old 11-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
Should of kept the lude. I still rock my 92 as a dd and the g stays in the garage most of the time. Either way good choice in modding. Welcome to crazyness

Old 11-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Welcome to the family. Can't wait to see what you'll do to the G. Looks like the Lude was tastefully modded.
thanks, already workin on ideas for the G, but gotta recover from the initial purchase first

Originally Posted by infinitig35
Nice Prelude. I used to have a '93 Prelude VTEC, that car was great. Still miss it sometimes. Did you get a good deal on your '06 G35?
I'm sure i'll miss the lude once i sell it, i still look at it everyday in the garage...paid 14,5 for the g 06 with 47k on it

Originally Posted by blklude98
Welcome to the G Family, Used to have a 98 Lude awhile back. This is a great transition car.
Thanks man, lude served me well for years and caught a lot of attention since it was completely different than the norm

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Nice car.

Might want to rethink the open filter in the engine bay. Not the best way to make power. A drop in K&N in the stock airbox with a Z-tube would be a better option.
thanks, and i'll have to look into that

Originally Posted by Tian
Welcome to driver. The prelude looks very clean. You have great taste that I'm sure will carry over to the G. The sedan section has AMAZING G's in there
thanks, i try to keep things clean modding-wise...i do all the painting myself, and always trying to come up with nice combinations of colors

Originally Posted by r1forever80
Should of kept the lude. I still rock my 92 as a dd and the g stays in the garage most of the time. Either way good choice in modding. Welcome to crazyness
still have the lude, but it's too aggressive for dd, stg 3 clutch isnt to comfortable for traffic here in miami...can't wait to join the craziness

Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome from Ky! Had a 92 lude w/ a JDM motor swap. Let my brother-in-law use it one night and never saw it again... in one piece, that is.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:12 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
My cousin always pokes fun at the Prelude's name:

"Prelude to what???"

Guess you've answered that:

"Prelude to a G"

Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by 19kdrill
Welcome from Ky! Had a 92 lude w/ a JDM motor swap. Let my brother-in-law use it one night and never saw it again... in one piece, that is.
wow, a lot of ex-prelude owners...glad to see i joined the right guys...i'm gonna miss that thing, has over 13k invested in it including jdm motor

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
My cousin always pokes fun at the Prelude's name:

"Prelude to what???"

Guess you've answered that:

"Prelude to a G"
ha it's true, the equation is now complete...

also, did a couple of things today, changed hid bulbs from stockers to 5k off my lude...they were d2s rather than d2r, but made them work, definitely making me consider retrofitting these lights like my prelude...i hate that scattered light output...also debadged the rear except infiniti symbol, may end up leaving without anything...anyone know if there are any holes behind the emblem?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Yes, there are hols behind it.
Two small ones.

One little trick you can do though is pull the emblem, break off the pins, and shift it down just a bit to where the top part of the emblem covers the two holes.

Makes it look a little more centered with the "I N F I N I T I" lettering gone.

As far as projector retrofits go, there's actually a good deal of info on that around here.

Check out: ttrank, CandlestickPark, and G SEDAN, just to name a few.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
yeah i'll check them out, thanx...after driving with retrofits for a while, it's hard to adjust to reflected hid light...i've seen a few done, definitely great work, and i'm sure a world of a difference light output...

it's strange working on a different car, after only working on the same one for so long..i love the feeling of a fresh start though...
went to pump gas today and couldnt figure out how to open gas lid, haha...after about 10 mins of searching for a lever or button, i finally referred to owners manual

Old 11-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Reaper
went to pump gas today and couldnt figure out how to open gas lid, haha...after about 10 mins of searching for a lever or button, i finally referred to owners manual
yeah, it locks too. Found that out the hard way...

Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Received 111 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^Yes, there are hols behind it.
Two small ones.

One little trick you can do though is pull the emblem, break off the pins, and shift it down just a bit to where the top part of the emblem covers the two holes.

Makes it look a little more centered with the "I N F I N I T I" lettering gone.

As far as projector retrofits go, there's actually a good deal of info on that around here.

Check out: ttrank, CandlestickPark, and G SEDAN, just to name a few.

They have lots of knowledge. I believe only ttrank has actually done a retrofit. I did aarons (gsedan) and viveks (4drmaddness), oh and almost forgot matzo ball soup. Have fun if you do the retro. Becareful wit the oem reflector as its very brittle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New guy here