G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Fixing TPMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixing TPMS

So I've had my TPMS light blinking on startup for about 2 minutes and staying lit after that for the past 3 months or so. I've done a lots of searches and I've reset the TPMS twice with the correct tire pressures and it goes off after driving for about 5 minutes and the problem comes back after about 20 minutes. So basically it means that the TPMS system has a problem...

Is there any way for me to figure out whats exactly wrong with the system and how to fix it?

Or does anyone know how much it would cost or a range that it could cost if I took it to the dealership to get it fixed?

Thanks for the help!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
You can pull the code off of the TPMS system. Here is an explanation of how to do it and how to read the codes.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-monitor.html

Finding the connector is kind of tricky, on my 06x it was taped to the OBD2 connector (had to open up the lower portion of the dash to get to it). But not I just have it sit next to the ODB2 connector. If all of your tires are at pressure, and when you rotate the tires you have them relearn tire locations, then it is probably a sensor that has a bad battery.

NOTE: Make sure you let the cycle through the codes at least twice to ensure it isn't throwing multiple codes. You can PM if you have any more questions.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I have an 06 x with 60k miles. I am the new owner and just had first tire balance/rotation. The full size spare tire in the trunk is used. After 30 miles driving, the TPMS light flashes for about 2 mins then stays on. the next day after 30 miles driving, the light is gone but today it is back again. I checked pressure, all are 30 psi. What could be the problem? No sensor in the spare or I need to re-program it?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cscscs
Thanks for the info. I have an 06 x with 60k miles. I am the new owner and just had first tire balance/rotation. The full size spare tire in the trunk is used. After 30 miles driving, the TPMS light flashes for about 2 mins then stays on. the next day after 30 miles driving, the light is gone but today it is back again. I checked pressure, all are 30 psi. What could be the problem? No sensor in the spare or I need to re-program it?
Same here. 06 sedan with the TPMS light flashing for 2 min. on startup.
The cars getting checked right now.
Will update when I can.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by bigjee
Same here. 06 sedan with the TPMS light flashing for 2 min. on startup.
The cars getting checked right now.
Will update when I can.
let me know how much they charged you.

Originally Posted by Dnorwood
You can pull the code off of the TPMS system. Here is an explanation of how to do it and how to read the codes.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-monitor.html

Finding the connector is kind of tricky, on my 06x it was taped to the OBD2 connector (had to open up the lower portion of the dash to get to it). But not I just have it sit next to the ODB2 connector. If all of your tires are at pressure, and when you rotate the tires you have them relearn tire locations, then it is probably a sensor that has a bad battery.

NOTE: Make sure you let the cycle through the codes at least twice to ensure it isn't throwing multiple codes. You can PM if you have any more questions.
thanks for that link btw, will try it out this weekend hopefully

Last edited by publet; 04-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by publet
let me know how much they charged you.
I got the TPMS reset through the dealership as they just charged me 0.5 hrs of labor.

They reset the TPMS light and so far its stayed off.
Error code was throwing low battery sensor on Right front.
With -40C winters here, its a given that the battery in the sensors stopped providing enough voltage and so the sensor started reading incorrectly.

I hope it stays off; been driving it for a day now and no light yet.
A sensor replacement is stated at 161.XX plus taxes.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by cscscs
just had first tire balance/rotation. The full size spare tire in the trunk is used. No sensor in the spare or I need to re-program it?
That's your problem... Need to take it to a tire shop and have the system reset.The system is not picking up the tire that was in the trunk, and can't find the tire that is currently in the trunk...

Who rotated/balanced the tires???? They should have been smart enough to know this, and it should have been apart of the rotation package price. Not sure I'd be going back to that shop...

$20- $30 bucks at most tire shops.

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by P3_Super_Bee
That's your problem... Need to take it to a tire shop and have the system reset.The system is not picking up the tire that was in the trunk, and can't find the tire that is currently in the trunk...

Who rotated/balanced the tires???? They should have been smart enough to know this, and it should have been apart of the rotation package price. Not sure I'd be going back to that shop...

$20- $30 bucks at most tire shops.
I agree, if the system wasn't relearned/rebuilt after the rotation or after the spare being installed, this could cause the the light to come one. Any reputable tire dealer will do this at no charge if you bought the tires from them, it literally takes about 5 minutes to do.

If the light still comes on (usually in a day or two) after a relearn, then there is an error occuring (easy to tell, as the light will flash for two minutes then stay on everytime you start the car). In this case, follow the directions in the link I posted earlier and pull the code so you don't (if they did the relearn, the tire location will be correct). This way you don't have to pay a stealership to pull the code for you and it is very very easy, all you need is a socket and a length of speaker wire.