Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
but being low looks awesome

Scrapes here and there is ok with me

Old 07-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I learned that a long time ago. Thats why I chose to leave my g35 stock ride height.

It looks incredible, but I got sick of it on previous cars.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Good thing you don't drive in NYC, you would take your coils/springs off on the 2nd day driving, i have been suffering this stupid drop for a while and i am not even slammed, i wish NYC had the damn roads fixed already.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Received 181 Likes on 150 Posts
It's only been a week since I dropped my car and I've already hit on the freeway. I can't even go faster than 75mph on the freeway cus of all the bumps.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:24 AM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingLumpia
I am in the same boat. I am no longer going to be low. Well actually this weekend it will be slammed but after that nope. Man its been fun the past few days taking corners faster than I can when slammed.
YESSSSS now I'm not the only one up here who doesn't wanna replace piping constantly hehe

And yes 240...Too low means you're too old...a category I fell into many years ago

Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by naughty240
Sure it looks good but damn I bottom out everywhere. I can't even have fun in the turns going a little hard without some god awful noise. Am I just getting old?
you're aging, but you're for sure not getting old yet.

When you get old you sell your G, buy a bone stock TSX, and leave it 4 feet up in the air. LOL

Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Uhh hard decisions since I want to lower my car and get some rims, but I do not know now, since the roads in Memphis are absolute crap

Old 07-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Lowering a car isn't for everyone. Saying roads are bad is a silly excuse, just admit you don't have the ***** to do it lol.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
I am sure I will get flamed for this but in my opinion anything more than 2" is asking for trouble or lots of $$$$ in upgrades to cure the issues, rattles, pops, tearing, camber and other issues. I plan to drop mine with Z springs and eventually redo the suspension and go down to 1.5" - 1.75". I have a baby boi and wifey to think about as well as other family members so I want to have a comfortable and noise free ride. I would look into coil overs and just increase the height to a good mix where you still have some gap and meaty tires to help dampen the road and all the noise. Every person should decide what is best for there own lifestyle and coil overs are a good answer to flexibility or a spring/shock setup that drops you less than 2".
well if your looking for a noise free ride... u picked the wrong car lol. shoulda went with a lexus...

Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I think you're not too old. A car should be functional and not prone to damage easily by simply driving.

I find that if you have a larger diameter wheel and some good size tires, you won't have to slam it to get rid of wheel gap.

E.g. I got 20s, but I have fairly fat 295-30, 265-30 tires. I.e. decent sidewall height. So I don't have to slam it to get rid of wheel gap and I have plenty of clearance. Seattle is not known for great roads, yet I can drive this anywhere.

I would advise getting coilovers. Getting lowered springs, but with shocks not made for lowered springs==bad performance.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 AM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by socialconflicts
well if your looking for a noise free ride... u picked the wrong car lol. shoulda went with a lexus...
No thank you, I prefer a manual gearbox and in my price range G35 was best choice. Wifey has a 09 Camry and in my opinion a lexus is just an overpriced camry...(flame suit on)

Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by socialconflicts

This^ the G is really noisy. Changing out bushings and other stuff helps a bit, but only up to a certain extend. Anyways... damnnnn the new LS 460.. HOLY ****.. it's sooooo quiet and comfortable.. probably not so fun to drive, but riding in it.. I wouldn't mind that.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
No thank you, I prefer a manual gearbox and in my price range G35 was best choice. Wifey has a 09 Camry and in my opinion a lexus is just an overpriced camry...(flame suit on)

Depends on the model haha. There's a ton of extra goodies that the ES has that a Camry doesn't, but the price difference is pretty huge..

Old 07-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by prinny
This^ the G is really noisy. Changing out bushings and other stuff helps a bit, but only up to a certain extend.
Wow, I don't even want to know what you used to drive that makes you claim the G is noisy. My last DD ('01 Jeep Cherokee Sport) had rattles and creaks like you wouldn't believe - my G is like a coffin compared to that truck.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
Your crazy lol i just went more low

i have my BC coils set to the stiffest they can go so that helps
It doesn't if it's your daily, should be a few clicks down. You don't want it set to the stiffest otherwise you'll have premature wear.

Originally Posted by toymachine2009
Dang... This is first time om this forum I have heard of people complaining being too low. Most people on here love their slammed cars. This thread is making me think twice about keeping my springs and not getting coils like I intended too soon.

Seems it's more headache than it's worth..hmmm
Most people go low, but not as low as they think. There's only a handful of guys that have really gone low. Grant and Blain are great examples (sedan-wise). 18's with stretched tires and some camber.

When I went from 20's to 19's it was a night and day difference. It helps having a larger diameter wheel. I can tell you if I ended up going straight to 18's, my car would be more damaged than it is now. Some have seen my facebook and know what I'm talking about. Those who don't, well....let's put it this way. I needed my car towed but couldn't so I had to get my adjust wrenches and raise it a good inch and a half to get on a flat bed with 2x4's. I've managed to damage my rack and pinion needing a new one, one of the wires from my O2 sensor was hanging slightly and got cut into pieces thanks to the pavement, my sway bar is completely flat on the bottom, I'd get stuck and grind against all speed bumps, no matter how little they were, I'd get stuck going in and out of parking lots, I've cracked bumpers, broken mounting points even with the OEM bumper, and I've had to resort to driving without a front bumper at one point because I couldn't clear a lug nut from my sway bar.

It's expensive, depending on how low you go. Generally coilovers with a good drop will be fine, just gotta drive it properly and learn. It helps driving the speed limit too. In the future, I'm pretty sure I'm going with an air suspension setup, unless a cup kit can raise the vehicle fast enough to my needs, but if I go air, I definitely need presets. It's not as bad being low as some may think, a bit annoying at times but you get used to it. The sound of my rims grinding on the fender used to bother me, but I got used to it. There is a price to pay when you do go extremely low and especially when you daily it at that height.

Originally Posted by naughty240
F&F 2's with front full stiff and rear are maybe 3/4. Its mostly the motordyne y back that hits. I need to go full stiff in rear and raise the exhaust. We have bad roads in RI because we salt our roads in the winter. Bottoming out is mainl when I corner hard.

I have stillen sways now and I love them. Yea I need to face the facts I'm not a young whipper snapper anymore.
I didn't like my F&F's that much. I felt that they had too much rebound. Comparing them to the Ohlins and HKS, there is no comparison, although i was much lower with the F&F's. I'm lower with my Stance GR+'s (or was before I threw on stock wheels and raised the car) than the F&F's and I had less rebound, not as harsh of a ride too. Also as mentioned previously, don't set it to full stiff.

Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
Good thing you don't drive in NYC, you would take your coils/springs off on the 2nd day driving, i have been suffering this stupid drop for a while and i am not even slammed, i wish NYC had the damn roads fixed already.
Knowing myself I'd drive in NYC slammed. I've driven through some rough streets in LA, gone up some hills knowing it's not worth it, going up driveways where I shouldn't....just because I'm stubborn and it's a challenge to me.

Last edited by The Stimulation; 07-01-2011 at 12:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks