G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
^Oh snap legit Og member comes out of the wood work!

Old 07-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Wad ya say? My ears still be drummin from the drone.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by toro12
At 2 5/8"F & 2 1/2" R drop on my sedan there are some driveway conditions on parking deck elevation changes that I'll "run aground" at the 4 3/4" high rocker panels.

It does suck that I can't go to those places, unless I re-adjust and raise up my coilovers.

Or, if I "load my trunk" with (2) 2x12x 12" long and look "dorky" driving in to the place. I hope no one is looking at me launching my sedan unless they have this same sort of strange habit.

On a dedicated factory sports car specification the design of the wheelbase, suspension and track with sport wheels and brakes is the usual approach. Any of the icons are the examples, the body follows the chassis needs.

On this forum we don't own sports car icons but with our common platform 350Z - G's we have to retrofit around the car body. It's this that give us the rise and we have fun; but does have the limits and keeps us searching to be different.

To change your conclusion; on a G sedan body, by keeping the bottom of the rocker panel at just above 5" ride height will not "suck".

Probably 1 3/4" is the sexiest "drive it anywhere" drop for an "old timer".
Not for me!

My G sedan goal is to re-set the coilovers at 2" drop by lengthening my shock tubes 5/8" from where I have them now.

Even at the current drop city street driveways that look "swaled" as I approach are conditions that the sedan can handle by utilizing a 1 front wheel at a time angle, no issue. No wood slabs needed.

At maximum 2" - 2 1/4" drop is the practical limit for our G's keeping the build as a drivable and sporty looking ride.
As you can see I'm a bit lower with my current low coilover setup.

Great post Toro, thanks.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was never lowered and never will because I knew that it will scrape especially living in MA where roads suck a**

Old 07-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I hear ya snowbird.
Roads are NOT a significant case for "not lowering", only partly.

A 1 3/4" drop would drive all day in beantown without hits.
Winter time snow plowing, well it is life in the North and adjustments or realization of leaving your G as the AWD ride height is your call.

For any coupe or sedan owners not fearing winter adjustments so much I have this to say.
Any optioned Infiniti sport models should have been set-up at the factory with MUCH MORE STYLISH and performance capable parts.

Yeh, great engine, body styling, some luxury BUT that suspension option should have been at least 1" lower like the 350Z'z including body panels; Instead we got the BS "sport springs & shocks" with an additional 27 lbs of sprint rate (nothing). Oh and we got "Bosed" to boot.

Oh, there is much that could have been.

Infiniti missed the sport suspension target in major aspects of the G series thinking it be a BMW competitor.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
I'm so tired of the "I'll never lower my car because of the roads in my city"

Come to Canada then STFU, I bottom out HARD two three times a day.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Nice, to hear ya tell em off; funky and good and low, ya know eey, that'll shut em all up!

O Canada!
The True North strong and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee. Nice one

Old 07-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
being low does suck. everyone hates driving with you or driving behind you.

a few nights ago when i was down in the city, slowly turning into a parking lot that had a slight curb to it: "would you facking turn already a$$hole?"

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive been driving lowered cars for the last six odd years. Used to lower them till I couldnt get out of my garage then raise them a hair and that was the end of it. Sh|t did not work when I wanted to get anywhere. I still avoid steep driveways and speedbumps like the plague, but thats moreso force of habit. Granted Im used to it, my G is the first car I spent a million hours on trying to find the happy mediums between drivability and stance. I can drive the **** off it and rubbing is minimal. That and when I load up the car for a roadtrip I dont have to worry too much about the car scraping on everything. I dont know how guys like Blaine can DD their ish, I dont even know how I used to do it.

The car half loaded up;

Someone shouldnt dump their **** because they think its the new best thing to do, nor should people give excuses for not wanting to lower the car even a little, unless you know, they're old. Its up to the individual in the end.

Last edited by forweareLegion; 07-05-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
being low is not fun, have to watch out for everything and some of the driveways are way to steep to even attempt and the worst is trying to find a place that will work on lower cars, such a pain..maybe its the coils I have but its just not stiff enough to take sharp turns..

good thing I kept my springs, I think its time to switch back

Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I usually try to mod the suspension to handle better and improve looks. I won't really sacrifice performance for the sake of looks. I also didn't want to spend a ton of money on different A arms and such to get the geometry back into spec after slamming it.

Having to set a coilover dampeners on full stiff just to get around is asking for an accident when you have to pull some emergency moves on the freeway or uneven/bumpy corner.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
For me...it's snow. I need the ride height.

Having a few inches means the difference between plowing through a huge snow bank at the foot of my driveway to get in after driving home for 2 hours, or getting hung up forcing me to get out of the car, change out of my business attire, and then spend an hour digging my car loose so i can get into my driveway.

I bought my car for winter driving. It does a hell of a job at it. I'm not willing to sacrifice the performance here to look a little better. I drive through some DEEP stuff at times

Old 07-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Having to set a coilover dampeners on full stiff just to get around is asking for an accident when you have to pull some emergency moves on the freeway or uneven/bumpy corner.
A hop, skipity, bounce that induces snap oversteer into a ditch doesn't sound like a good time to you? You're getting old, Dawg.

The following 2 users liked this post by DaveB:
CandlestickPark (07-05-2011), Mustang5L5 (07-05-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess you get more practical as you get older...

Old 07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I'm not sure its the age but maybe the value of the car. My 240 was slammed and I debated slamming my C10 6 inches but they are and were $2500 vehicles at best. The G when I bought it was 18.5k which to me is a lot of money. Every time I scrape hard I just feel like Im abusing something I paid a lot for.

The other factor is I now will be forced to strap on some studded snow tires and drive the C10 this winter. That idea is less than thrilling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks