Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread has so much win.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Getting smart.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Simple answer your getting old, I don't like my exhaust its too loud, or I'm just old

Old 07-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by meister23
Simple answer your getting old, I don't like my exhaust its too loud, or I'm just old
I don't think we're getting old. It's just that a G sedan or even coupe is a bit silly with an overly loud exhaust. It doesn't fit the character of the car at all. There's nothing wrong with it having a strong, deep sound, but when it significantly impacts interior volume and comfort while sounding boy racer and flatulant, it's silly. If we are talking about a Z car, Vette, Stang, etc, a loud exhaust fits the character of the car. Plus a loud V8 is FAR more bearable to listen to compared to a V6 which has the tendency to sound raspy and metallic at certain rpms.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
I myself couldn't ever ride slammed.. i remember back in the 80's when everybody use to run their mini trucks slammed.. but they were cheap trucks.. our cars look good stock, lowered and even slammed...i'm lowered , not slammed.. and i find myself scraping a sh!tload each and everyday i drive my ride... it's ALMOST too low ... for me.. haha..

Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I got tired of lowered lol...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
So much stress lol avoiding every pot hole or gouge in the road...

But mehh i dont mind

Sometimes its a b*tch but its alright...

If i get sick of riding on the ground all the time ill just get bags

Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Being low is sick

The following users liked this post:
CandlestickPark (07-05-2011)
Old 07-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by DaveB
I don't think we're getting old. It's just that a G sedan or even coupe is a bit silly with an overly loud exhaust. It doesn't fit the character of the car at all. There's nothing wrong with it having a strong, deep sound, but when it significantly impacts interior volume and comfort while sounding boy racer and flatulant, it's silly. If we are talking about a Z car, Vette, Stang, etc, a loud exhaust fits the character of the car. Plus a loud V8 is FAR more bearable to listen to compared to a V6 which has the tendency to sound raspy and metallic at certain rpms.
I have to agree 100%. That's why I sold my HKS muffler even though it sounded good outside the car. It had way too much drone for me and it didn't fit the vision I had for my car long term. It was a complete bummer though as this was probably the mod I most looked forward to when I decided to mod the car. What I learned was I still wanted some of the "luxury" the G offered and I wasn't willing to sacrifice some of that for performance or sound. The Transgo kit is one mod I was hot on for a long time and almost pulled the trigger twice. But I decided to skip it, because I love the way our 5AT transmissions feel as is. Buttery smooth and easily manipulated. Glad I saved myself the $800.

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I got tired of lowered lol...
You got tired of the G/Z drop?????????? WTF.......

That's it, you're the old man in our relationship from now on, haha.

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Being low is sick
I think you mean for the sick..............................in the head.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by alfhasg35
I myself couldn't ever ride slammed.. i remember back in the 80's when everybody use to run their mini trucks slammed.. but they were cheap trucks.. our cars look good stock, lowered and even slammed...i'm lowered , not slammed.. and i find myself scraping a sh!tload each and everyday i drive my ride... it's ALMOST too low ... for me.. haha..

How much are you lowered lol?

Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I have to agree 100%. That's why I sold my HKS muffler even though it sounded good outside the car. It had way too much drone for me and it didn't fit the vision I had for my car long term. It was a complete bummer though as this was probably the mod I most looked forward to when I decided to mod the car.
I had a ton of drone with the coupe mid pipe and HR Y. When my muffler rotted I grabbed the Motordyne VQ and it actually seems more quiet, until you hammer it LOL. Now Im hooked on exhaust mods thanks to another forum member . Looking to get the complete motordyne package since most of my remaining OEM stuff needs to be replaced anyhow.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:19 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

You got tired of the G/Z drop?????????? WTF.......

That's it, you're the old man in our relationship from now on, haha.
Yea haha it rode like ****.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by naughty240
I had a ton of drone with the coupe mid pipe and HR Y. When my muffler rotted I grabbed the Motordyne VQ and it actually seems more quiet, until you hammer it LOL. Now Im hooked on exhaust mods thanks to another forum member . Looking to get the complete motordyne package since most of my remaining OEM stuff needs to be replaced anyhow.
I tried all the combinations of intake tubes, y pipes, and mid pipes I had in my garage to try to get rid of the drone. The only thing that worked was selling the muffler. I have a friend that has a Tanabe Medallion on an 05 sedan and I like the way it sounds. Can't stand the look of the single exit though. Never heard a MD VQ in person.

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Yea haha it rode like ****.
You're one of the first people I've seen that will admit that. I've ridden in a lot of cars with different suspension set ups and my Tanabe coils have the best ride I've experienced hands down. I helped a friend put BC coils on an Altima SE-R today and they ride rough.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
If we are talking about a Z car, Vette, Stang, etc, a loud exhaust fits the character of the car. Plus a loud V8 is FAR more bearable to listen to compared to a V6 which has the tendency to sound raspy and metallic at certain rpms.

Even that has limits. Too loud is obnoxious no matter what it is.

Plenty of guys on the Mustang forums will try to talk a young kid who just got his mustang out of off-road (no cats) mid pipes and the loudest mufflers possible.

The emphasis with the "veterans" is for quality of the exhaust, vs quantity(or overall loudness)

Too many guys come in and want the loudest car possible, or the lowest stance possible. Later on, you just realize that there is more to modifying cars that slamming them, or making them sound like the world is gonna end.

So no, saying that too low is too low, or too loud is too loud is not a sign of getting old. It just means you've "been there, done that" and it's not all that's cracked up to be,

Beleive it or not, my mustang is actually quiet by stAng standards, and I actually "unlowered" it...and I'm perfectly happy.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
At 2 5/8"F & 2 1/2" R drop on my sedan there are some driveway conditions on parking deck elevation changes that I'll "run aground" at the 4 3/4" high rocker panels.

It does suck that I can't go to those places, unless I re-adjust and raise up my coilovers.

Or, if I "load my trunk" with (2) 2x12x 12" long and look "dorky" driving in to the place. I hope no one is looking at me launching my sedan unless they have this same sort of strange habit.

On a dedicated factory sports car specification the design of the wheelbase, suspension and track with sport wheels and brakes is the usual approach. Any of the icons are the examples, the body follows the chassis needs.

On this forum we don't own sports car icons but with our common platform 350Z - G's we have to retrofit around the car body. It's this that give us the rise and we have fun; but does have the limits and keeps us searching to be different.

To change your conclusion; on a G sedan body, by keeping the bottom of the rocker panel at just above 5" ride height will not "suck".

Probably 1 3/4" is the sexiest "drive it anywhere" drop for an "old timer".
Not for me!

My G sedan goal is to re-set the coilovers at 2" drop by lengthening my shock tubes 5/8" from where I have them now.

Even at the current drop city street driveways that look "swaled" as I approach are conditions that the sedan can handle by utilizing a 1 front wheel at a time angle, no issue. No wood slabs needed.

At maximum 2" - 2 1/4" drop is the practical limit for our G's keeping the build as a drivable and sporty looking ride.
As you can see I'm a bit lower with my current low coilover setup.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (07-04-2011)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks