G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
They talk about handling on Mustang forums??
The new Mustang 5.0 GT beats or equals a M3 at the track. On a solid rear axle.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

So yeah, I think the Mustang guys can talk about suspensions on their forum.

Especially in this thread where we are basicaly throwing out handling at the expense of looks.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I am thinking of putting my stock springs back on.. 1. passengers hate the ride.. 2. ride sucks.. and i can't even drive in the city.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I have a feeling most of the complainers here are doing it wrong. What the fack are ya'll scraping on all the time? Can you not drive? Is your car not set up right? How bout this- stop going to all these places where you scrape. Go around or take a different route. All my cars have been lowered, and I think they will always be.

BTW how old are you guys, thinking that you are old?

I work with a guy that cannot drive his showcar to work because he says he can't get in the parking lot. He's 65. Granted it is a showcar (not a DD), but it's static and he keeps it real.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danielv12
I have a feeling most of the complainers here are doing it wrong. What the fack are ya'll scraping on all the time? Can you not drive? Is your car not set up right? How bout this- stop going to all these places where you scrape. Go around or take a different route. All my cars have been lowered, and I think they will always be.

BTW how old are you guys, thinking that you are old?

I work with a guy that cannot drive his showcar to work because he says he can't get in the parking lot. He's 65. Granted it is a showcar (not a DD), but it's static and he keeps it real.
I used to say that all the time. Eventually you want to live your life and do what you want to do - not what you're car needs you to do. You want to go to that gas station - and not go 2 miles out of the way to find one with a better ramp. That's when you're too old for a lowered car - no real age number is associated.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
They talk about handling on Mustang forums??
Yes, they do actually. Some people (myself included) get bored going straight. I've always been an active AutoXer with mine.

Plenty of guys road race, and throw tons of $$$ into SCCA-type open track racing with them. Tons of aftermarket support centered on handling and braking...not just go fast.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Ford isn't concerned about handling right?

Not when you can buy a factory/bolt on IRS conversion kit for the Mustang.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Metalp3n
I used to say that all the time. Eventually you want to live your life and do what you want to do - not what you're car needs you to do. You want to go to that gas station - and not go 2 miles out of the way to find one with a better ramp. That's when you're too old for a lowered car - no real age number is associated.
I think the day i realized it was when one day i was out with a previous car that was lowered. I was with my fiance but this was when we started dating 5-6 years ago. We had bypassed a road and she asked why i was taking the long way around? I replied "Oh, that road has a speed bump i can't get over". She turned to me and said "Are you serious? that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. why do you own a car you can't drive over a speedbump with?".

I think that's what started my current way of thinking. I didn't want to worry about avoiding streets with severe inclines, or scraping up driveways, or speed bumps, or freaking out that a peice of debris in the road is gonna damage my oil pan.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 07-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
You're not alone. Im sick of being this low in NY. on Eibachs I was fine, but maxed out on coils. It really sux ***.
Stretched tires dont even bother me that much, but hitting the frame over suer covers at 50mph rly hurts. Over the littlest imperfection on the road, you cant possible be careful enough. Everywhere I go ppl ask how do you get around. At least now I can adjust them.

And it rly sux that a mustang GT 5.0 can beat m3 in straight line, and easily keep up on the twisties.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Red Card Crew

Why would that suck?????? I think that's great that the much cheaper 5.0 GT can be right there with the way more expensive M3. And the GT isn't even the top performing Mustang.

What sucks is that Ford doesn't offer a sedan with the 5.0!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Being low builds character.. & sarcasm.. & chest hair.. all things that make you cool.
I want to be cool so I'm getting coilovers.

Being low doesn't suck, it just isn't for everyone. You could argue that being rich, famous, or awesome sucks too.

Last edited by iamtimshady; 07-13-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Red Card Crew

Being retarded isn't for everyone either.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
We had bypassed a road and she asked why i was taking the long way around? I replied "Oh, that road has a speed bump i can't get over". She turned to me and said "Are you serious? that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. why do you own a car you can't drive over a speedbump with?".
I think that's what started my current way of thinking.
Oh No! -She's got you brainwashed!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
^^Well said my brother. Low is not for everyone and it doesn't mean you have to scrape everything in sight and have a sh!tty ride. A well-thought out suspension set up can yield an amazingly comfortable and driveable car that looks great.

Well, this is what i'm saying^^^

If it's a G35, then I think it is really easy to be low (not slammed) and get around town just fine without many problems at all. The bottom of our cars are kinda high, we can close the wheel gap and the bottoms are still high enough to clear most obstacles. A lot of cars are not as easy to deal with low. VWs for example, ask them about busted oil pans, etc.

Those with body kits may have many problems going places without scraping, and without being low at the same time. Big front bumpers and big side skirts and big wheel gap to go with it. eeww. I guess in that way, I am old. I don't like a lot of body kits on our cars, they don't favor the car's looks and it makes it hard to go places if you're low. I don't look at it as " i'm old" , just "not my personal preference".

I think my car is very drivable and low at the same time. I have stock front bumper, which helps a lot. I do scrape here and there, but if it didn't, I think i'd miss it!

I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks-rwhnil.jpg

Old 07-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
We had bypassed a road and she asked why i was taking the long way around? I replied "Oh, that road has a speed bump i can't get over". She turned to me and said "Are you serious? that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. why do you own a car you can't drive over a speedbump with?".

Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Being retarded isn't for everyone either.
It's a lifestyle, Jeff. Get with the program.

The following users liked this post:
Wannabe6MT (07-14-2011)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have come to the conclusion that being low sucks