G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Headlight & Taillight tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Headlight & Taillight tint

Having trouble deciding on what Blue bat mobile tint to go with for my 05 DG g35x sedan. I am very noob so I was unsure which one's fit my headlight taillight and what would look the best.

Mostly looking for opinions and links on what you guys think looks good, because I'm really clueless! I am not sure if I dig the cutout look or full tint 6/10. Heres 2 pics of current ride and link to Blue bat mobile!

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...cpZZ5QQtppZZ20

Old 08-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Roh
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
in my opinion i'd forget the tints, looks clean the way it is! by the way where in ontario are you? i'm from there too

Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Thunder Bay! I haven't found any other members on here from Tbay yet!

Thanks for your opinion, just don't have alot of money for any bigger mods rite now so was just itching to do something that won't cost a ton without going ricer lmao.

I was thinking maybe painting my rear emblems to match the color of my grille but can't seem to have many pics. And I may regret it after :P

Old 08-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Roh
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Ohhhk ye im from ottawa! good while away lol

ye eh, im in the same boat as you, i jus decided to switch out my bulbs to nice white leds, not to expensive either and it looks really good.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Ya I like the bright looks of Leds! And yep Quite far but I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere 40 minutes from Minnesota Us border.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadiotica
itching to do something that won't cost a ton without going ricer lmao.

In my opinion, tinting out lights is kinda leaning that way.

I know most will disagree, but the cars i tend to see tinted lights on the most usually have some sort of fart-cannon hanging off the rear too. It's a trend that's just way too overdone.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Holy **** you're far North.

Red Demon I believe is somewhat local to you. Red coupe with red wheels and some craziness.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

I know most will disagree, but the cars i tend to see tinted lights on the most usually have some sort of fart-cannon hanging off the rear too. It's a trend that's just way too overdone.
Thanks I think I'll avoid tint and wait till I find someone to help me paint the inside of my front headlights black, or at least assist me.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:37 AM
And Red Demon I'll check him out. There are only a few G's in my city and none yet I have found that subscribe to this forum sadly

Old 08-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5

You do, but you also see a lot of ricers with their cars lowered. Is lowering your car ricer also? I don't see tinting any different than that.

It can be done and look nice, just depends on the car. But as always, do what you like and don't worry about others' opinions

Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Don't do the headlights, looks like ****.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by ryanm8
You do, but you also see a lot of ricers with their cars lowered. Is lowering your car ricer also? I don't see tinting any different than that.
Those ricers probably used VHT and are on cut springs....

It's very different, tinting lights is a safety hazard, lowering usually is not.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Those ricers probably used VHT and are on cut springs....

It's very different, tinting lights is a safety hazard, lowering usually is not.
A lot of people cut their spring mounts here And even more of 350Z guys do.

For the safety issue, I used to think that as well, but now I think it may even be safer than not tinted (as long as you're using VHT). I can't speak for other paint, but the VHT is definitely transparent and does not block light. Even when the light looks pitch black. The only thing it may be blocking are the side reflectors on the light.

Often I find myself behind older crappy cars in the daylight with standard taillights and it's hard to tell when they're braking if the sun is shining on their car. In that case I think it would be easier to see if they were tinted because of the red/black contrast.

Just an observation.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by ryanm8
A lot of people cut their spring mounts here And even more of 350Z guys do.

For the safety issue, I used to think that as well, but now I think it may even be safer than not tinted (as long as you're using VHT). I can't speak for other paint, but the VHT is definitely transparent and does not block light. Even when the light looks pitch black. The only thing it may be blocking are the side reflectors on the light.

Often I find myself behind older crappy cars in the daylight with standard taillights and it's hard to tell when they're braking if the sun is shining on their car. In that case I think it would be easier to see if they were tinted because of the red/black contrast.

Just an observation.
Oh cutting the spring mount adjusts the spring rate to an unknown and unsafe quantity? Right...

No your argument is useless there, VHT is barely transparent. When it's put on thin, it goes brown and blotchy, when it's black it's too thick to let any light out. On our cars we're lucky to have LED tails which can cut through almost anything (still not VHT though) I almost rear ended a douche wad in a coupe with VHT'd tails about 3 days ago. You may think from standing 5 feet from it you can see the lights perfect, but the light output is barely there.

If you want to do this, do it the right way not the $10 way. Take them to a body shop and have them sprayed with reduced black.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Oh cutting the spring mount adjusts the spring rate to an unknown and unsafe quantity? Right...

No your argument is useless there, VHT is barely transparent. When it's put on thin, it goes brown and blotchy, when it's black it's too thick to let any light out. On our cars we're lucky to have LED tails which can cut through almost anything (still not VHT though) I almost rear ended a douche wad in a coupe with VHT'd tails about 3 days ago. You may think from standing 5 feet from it you can see the lights perfect, but the light output is barely there.

If you want to do this, do it the right way not the $10 way. Take them to a body shop and have them sprayed with reduced black.
Spring rate does not change on linear springs regardless if they're cut or not. So cutting spring mounts or springs will have the same effect. Regardless, I don't see how cutting springs is ricer but spring mounts is not? lol

Sounds like the guy was not using VHT... I know I can see my turn signals perfect (which are not LED's either by the way) when I turn them on and they're completely black when off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Headlight & Taillight tint