G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Newbee with some questions on my 2004 G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Newbee with some questions on my 2004 G35 sedan

Hello everyone! My name is Serafin and I am new on this forum.
I just bought an 04 sedan g35 on Saturday for 5k. it has 119000 miles and it runs great.
I know my way around cars. I've done multiple swaps in Hondas ad I graduated why preach automotive.

so back ti the car, it does not have airbags as it was crashed.

some questions I have.
the cluster, it lights up the seat belt light.
is this because the seat belts are electronic and need to be replaced? when I bought the car the seat belts didn't work.
I have replaced them with my mechanical locking ones till I get the oem seat belt motor.
once I replace the seat belts and airbags will the light go off?

also, I know the driver airbag, you just replace the face of it.
but the dashboard, you replace the whole dashboard or just the top half of it?
and i need new electrical clips for the airbags right?

I see that the car has side airbags and seat airbags.
how come these didn't deploy with the front ones? (unless the previous owner swapped them)

and my passenger seat only goes forward. not back. I was thinking electrical issue but that would prevent any movement. so you guys think it's a bad switch?

and how do I get my compass in the dash to work?

and does anyone know where the switch that detects a crash has occurred is o. the front of the car? thanks in advance guys!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 AM
and my doors don't lock or unlock when the car turns on or off.
And my windows only roll down with the remote. not up. how do I make them roll back up with the remote?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
and my doors don't lock or unlock when the car turns on or off.
And my windows only roll down with the remote. not up. how do I make them roll back up with the remote?
Windows only roll down with remote. To roll up you need to buy a part from kp technology. Google search them.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds like you will need to replace the dash for the passenger side air bag. You have a broken switch on your seat. The windows should roll up or down with bothe the remote and or the key in the door. All four if it's the sport model, just the front windows if its the base model, I have no idea on the x's
If it's not working you may need to do a reset on the windows or possibly replace the widow regulator(s)
Seat belts are mechanical, you may need to have the system inspected at Infiniti, the light may also be due to the srs sensor under the drivers seat, Infiniti did a recall on it and ever since then a ton of people have been having the light going off all the time on them.
Side air bags go off Ina side impact crash or if the force of the crash is going to the side (I think)
The airbag sensor that would have been damaged and need to be replaced is typically on the front bumper reinforcement bar (I think on my g it's just behind the reinforcement bar. It will be yellow or have yellow covered wires running to it.
Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Wow...5k...Did u get it checked out by a mechanic?....

Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by therealnismoboy
Sounds like you will need to replace the dash for the passenger side air bag. You have a broken switch on your seat. The windows should roll up or down with bothe the remote and or the key in the door. All four if it's the sport model, just the front windows if its the base model, I have no idea on the x's
If it's not working you may need to do a reset on the windows or possibly replace the widow regulator(s)
Seat belts are mechanical, you may need to have the system inspected at Infiniti, the light may also be due to the srs sensor under the drivers seat, Infiniti did a recall on it and ever since then a ton of people have been having the light going off all the time on them.
Side air bags go off Ina side impact crash or if the force of the crash is going to the side (I think)
The airbag sensor that would have been damaged and need to be replaced is typically on the front bumper reinforcement bar (I think on my g it's just behind the reinforcement bar. It will be yellow or have yellow covered wires running to it.
Some one correct me if I'm wrong.
No stock first gen g35 can roll the Windows up from the key fob.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
ok thanks guys!
I'll replace the switch on the passenger seat and have to replace the whole dash and check if that crash sensor was replaced with when it was repaired.
and all the widows go down with the remote. I guess that's normal from what 5150ds said.
all the windows go up or down with the key in the door. but 5150ds you said first gen can go up too, isn't mine a first gen?
and sorry, I mean my airbag light is on, not the seat belt light.
I'm guessing because it doesn't get signal from the seat belts or airbags.
Does the car have an actual alarm? or is the remote just to lock or unlock with no alarm?

yea, 5k is a really good price!
I didn't have it checked out, my friend bought the car from co part with a damaged front end and he fixed it and drove it for a while and it went up for sale so I bought it! where else can you find a clean family car with 260 rwdhp?

any ideas on the compass? all it does is flash lines.
and any ideas on the doors not locking and unlocking with the key on/off.
bad door switch?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
As I understand, the car actually has 280 hp (same as the coupe), they just understated the power to make the coupe more appealing.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by dominate
As I understand, the car actually has 280 hp (same as the coupe), they just understated the power to make the coupe more appealing.
oh really?!
I always wondered how they managed to get an extra 20 hp from the same engine.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
this is what my dash looks like for now.
Name:  46797FBC-26C1-4E86-AE95-A1402A3A9048-374-00000019B5C5E2FD.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  216.9 KB

Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
New dashboard is 2k plus the air bags, you will have to replace the seat belt setup since the air bag went off. That's all I remember when my air bags went off after hitting a deer.

Too bad you bought that car for 5k

Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 AM
okay. I saw on eBay the steering wheel airbag for 80$ and a use dash for 700$.
I think I'm gonna buy those when I get money to.

and why too bad 5k?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
When I worked at the dodge dealership we would take the new vehicles that hadn't had the compass calibrated we would have to drive them in circles for a few minutes until it calibrated... But this isn't a dodge and it may need to be recalibrated, or the sensor/wires may have also been damaged in the wreck, but I remember reading somewhere on here that the sensor is somewhere on the drivers side... Once again I may be wrong as I am not one those crazy guys who knows all G's
Also the locks aren't going to work with the key in the ignition at all, they should unlock just fine but the car is wired up so that you can't lock the keys in the ignition and wander off.
As far as the alarm... I have no idea
There's a Nissan airbag cover that will fit your car, for sale here on the forums can't remember the price but its an option you can look into it.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:59 AM
I read somewhere that driving in 3 counterclockwise circles will calibrate it. I need to try that.
and I don't understand why my doors won't lock/unlock.
my Integra from 1995 does this, my parents new toyota does this.
when you turn the car on, the doors are suppose to lock automatically. or in my jeep I had, they would lock after you drove a few feet.
do you get what I mean?
yea it takes .5 seconds to reach and manually lock the doors, but when you forget and drive around with unlocked doors or having to unlock your door when you turn the car off, it gets frustrating.

a feature I do love is the automatic memory seat

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbee with some questions on my 2004 G35 sedan