G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help with cranckshaft sensor giving ses vdc off and slip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with cranckshaft sensor giving ses vdc off and slip

Hey guys new to forum but have had a 04 6mtg sedan for three years now. Has been a great car with no problems until now. One sunny day I was driving and gave it a good 2nd gear pull and noticed something felt different when looked at my dash I noticed the check engine Vdc off and slip lights all on. So I did a code read and it came back crank sensor so I ordered one off amazon installed reset ecu and a few days later happened again. After that I did some research and found a lot of people on here sayin that you should only buy poem sensors so I got one from Nissan replaced the amazon one same results. It seems to only happen above 3500 rpm and usually in 2nd. When it does happen I notice a loss of low end power until the vdc off and slip lights shut off (which they will if you shut the car down for 5 min or so) the ses light needs a ecu reset to turn off. After a reset it will stay off for a random amount of time. Could be three days or three weeks. Then one day I'll go above 3500 rpm and boom back on same code. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Austin

Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
You need someone with a better diagnostic tool than a generic code reader. The best one would be from a Nissan dealership. It will give you a more accurate reading of the codes.

The following users liked this post:
abahl (11-30-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 AM
It's not the Crank sensor, check your Camshaft position sensors. They're bad and possibly have oil in them (bleed through the terminals onto to the pins in the connector) causing excessive resistance.

I'll almost guarantee.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick_Kick
It's not the Crank sensor, check your Camshaft position sensors. They're bad and possibly have oil in them (bleed through the terminals onto to the pins in the connector) causing excessive resistance.

I'll almost guarantee.
Agreed. I had a similar problem on mine. Kept on getting the crankshaft sensor code but it turned out the culprits were the camshaft sensors (there are 2 of them)

Replaced them and the problem was gone!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Awesome thanks for the speedy response, I just gave my parts guy at the Nissan ship a call and he said that should be in Mon. So I'll keep u guys posted on the results. Fingers crossed but I guess worst case it's a good excuse to go for a 37

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Any mods? Still trying to help you keep her...

Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 AM
I have the same problem slip and vdc light comes on sometimes while driving

Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gthirtyfive416
I have the same problem slip and vdc light comes on sometimes while driving
Check your brake fuild level. This makes those light come on while driving too, and is the first thing to check

Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by abahl
Hey guys new to forum but have had a 04 6mtg sedan for three years now. Has been a great car with no problems until now. One sunny day I was driving and gave it a good 2nd gear pull and noticed something felt different when looked at my dash I noticed the check engine Vdc off and slip lights all on. So I did a code read and it came back crank sensor so I ordered one off amazon installed reset ecu and a few days later happened again. After that I did some research and found a lot of people on here sayin that you should only buy poem sensors so I got one from Nissan replaced the amazon one same results. It seems to only happen above 3500 rpm and usually in 2nd. When it does happen I notice a loss of low end power until the vdc off and slip lights shut off (which they will if you shut the car down for 5 min or so) the ses light needs a ecu reset to turn off. After a reset it will stay off for a random amount of time. Could be three days or three weeks. Then one day I'll go above 3500 rpm and boom back on same code. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Austin

Ended up needing new clutch set, and flywheel.