G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Is this Infiniti Dealer letter baloney?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy Is this Infiniti Dealer letter baloney?

Got this in a letter from my dealer:

Infiniti of West Chester in West Chester and Infiniti of Ardmore in Ardmore, Pennsylvania have been selected as sites to conduct a special market test pricing and financing event. Your status as an Infiniti valued customer qualifies you for this private sale.
Both Infiniti of West Chester & Infiniti of Ardmore are in desperate need to acquire several pre-owned 2004 Infiniti G35 models in order to fulfill special used vehicle requests. Our records indicate you own one of these vehicles and our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle.
We would like you to exchange your G35 for any new 2005 Infiniti car or sport utility vehicle. With factory incentives and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget.

Has anyone done a deal like this? Is this a real deal or a costly gimmick?

Old 01-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure, they can make money on your trade, sell a new vehicle which even at invoice makes them money, especially with percentages from the bank they finance you through, extended warranty, upgrades etc etc. They are in business to make money and they do.

Old 01-29-2005, 02:38 PM
wow thats awesome, i would do it n i like 5 mins from infiniti of west chester haha

Old 01-29-2005, 02:51 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JimG35

Infiniti of West Chester in West Chester and Infiniti of Ardmore in Ardmore, Pennsylvania have been selected as sites to conduct a special market test pricing and financing event. Your status as an Infiniti valued customer qualifies you for this private sale.
Both Infiniti of West Chester & Infiniti of Ardmore are in desperate need to acquire several pre-owned 2004 Infiniti G35 models in order to fulfill special used vehicle requests. Our records indicate you own one of these vehicles and our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle.
We would like you to exchange your G35 for any new 2005 Infiniti car or sport utility vehicle. With factory incentives and generous trade-in values, we feel confident that you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expense and with a monthly payment that fits your budget.

Has anyone done a deal like this? Is this a eal deal or a costly gimmick?
They just want to sell you another car! You will lose any equity in your
investment, keep the same payment and they will have sold another car.
This is a sham! Beware of these AssH*le&

Old 01-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Thumbs down

Ditto to what Cato said... I've rec'd a few of these from the dealer in Tampa, where mine came from. They just want to sell you a new car, and I serioulsy doubt you'll get some fantastic offer on your trade in. It's MARKETING!!

Old 01-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
When I had a Nissan, they would send me that **** all the time.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned
A friend just got a letter just like that from a Dodge dealer

Old 01-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by booger
A friend just got a letter just like that from a Dodge dealer
I got one from Toyota - almost exactly the same wording...

Old 01-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JimG35

Has anyone done a deal like this? Is this a real deal or a costly gimmick?

The dealer just wants to sell you a new car!

Dealers LOVE trade-ins, especially for a car like the G! They can screw you twice as bad. I would NEVER trade in a vehicle when buying a new one. You're almost always better off selling to a private buyer first.

Old 01-30-2005, 04:09 AM
You'll keep the same payment (roughly) but loose the equity of having had the car for a year (or 6 months, or however long). You'll loose 3-6K, which will go to the dealer's hands.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:18 AM
I got something similar from our ford dealer that stated that our payments would be the same if I traded in our explorer for a new one. Since it was paid off, I decided to give them a call. When they asked me what my payments were, I told them 0, they didn't know what to do. Obviously they finally said no. They probably never thought someone with no payments would call.

Anyways, it is all about making money....

Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM