G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Doors auto lock...sometimes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This started happening to me about a month ago. I noticed that the lock on the door is extremely touchy and I am assuming I was hitting it on my way out of the car. I started leaving my window cracked so I could reach in though and haven't had it happen since.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Imuz Me
Thread bump. Anyone have anymore on this? I've had an 03 sedan for a couple months now and it does this frequently. Keys Almost got locked in tonight with the dang thing running.
For me, this happens to the driver door. If I leave with the engine running, I unlock all doors like a auto reflex. I never had any problem to get back in. But lately, this has not happened

Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't had it happen to me, but I have a couple solutions for you. Being from Canada its sometimes nice to be able to leave your car running in the dead cold of winter to keep it warm, or leave the air on in the summer. I bought one of those little quick release key ring clips for $2, put my ignition key on one side, and my key fob and all other house keys and such on the other side. I leave my car key in the ignition with the car running, and just unclip the FOB and other keys and lock the doors when I have to run back into the house or into a store for a few minutes, have done it with all my cars over the past 20 years and works like a charm. The other thing I just did was get the low profile rain guards that clip onto the inside of the window instead of sticking to the outside of the frame (I like that they don't cover up the chrome). Unless you get up really close its hard to tell that my windows are all open pretty much all the time, which would make it easy to get back into the car if it locked on you randomly. I'm assuming that since you leave your car unlocked and running, you'd feel just as safe leaving your windows open a bit just-in-case, especially since you can't tell that they're open at all. I'd get one of those little clips though, and take your FOB with you.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 AM
I just had the same thing happen to me. Parked in the garage with keys in it and UNLOCKED. Came back a few hours later and locked up tight. Has happened b 4 but always luckily had a window down. Has anybody found a solution to this random problem???

Thanks, I'm a new B here but great stuff!

Old 06-27-2014, 06:36 PM
This has happened to me about 4 times since i had my G...had to call tow truck/AAA everytime. It actually happened to me the first day I bought it. Like a previous replier said, I just started making sure the doors are unlocked before i get out. Now it doesnt happen or the odd time I can get in from another door.