G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x manual mode not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 02:21 AM
Received 398 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by TheG-estG
Ok guys I been searching far and wide I also did rewiring in my console area. I seen a video of a guy explaining that the gauge cluster fixed it. I saw everyone from a to z and nothing fixed it. The only two guys that fixed their mm was by spraying some contact spray and I did that no luck. Then ine guy said gauge cluster, and he had done the tcm and valve body which I ALSO got quoted by the dealer when asking them. So hell no. Buddy went through with it no fix. Was the gauge cluster.

I'm gona try this next but has anyone figured it out?
So far my only last culprit would be the cluster but I have no fricken clue how it could be connected. Guess we'll see.

Lmk if anyone else has answers.
(again this is specifically fo intermittent functionality of the mm. I run all my gears, once it worked for 10mins and I enjoyed playing my exhaust notes. It's so sad I can't atm) Reply here and I will update after I do my fix. May take a month.
If u have verified that all the switches work on the shifter, then the issue is the cluster. My car started off with manumatic mode working intermittently, and got so bad that it hardly ever worked. So I found a used cluster on ebay and bought it. When I first installed it, the MM started workin perfectly again. But then after a few weeks it became intermittent again, and is now almost as bad as my original.

I have opened up my cluster and re-soldered every point that I could. There are about a million solder points on there and some of them are way too small to do by hand. But that didn’t fix the issue. I dont know if its a cracked solder joint or maybe its a microchip or something that has just gone bad. At the moment, I have given up trying to fix it. I dont know of anyone else that has been able to figure out which part on the cluster is rhe actual problem.

Old 04-29-2023, 01:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
G35 coupe
Originally Posted by demo401
Ok so YES i used the search button and googled it but not having much luck so i need some input here before i take it to the stealership. My manual mode doesnt work anymore for some reason. very rarely it does work then stops while driving. I've read that its the whole shifter assembly then i read that its the transmission sensor. I read that the shifter assembly is very pricey and i dont wanna take it to infinity i do my own work on my car. eGay has this piece for fairly cheap but like i said i need to know what im dealing with here before blowing money Attachment 190953
Don't know if you ever figured this out but it's your gauge cluster. Replace it or rebuild it and you'll be good to go

The following 2 users liked this post by Lowbudget269:
NicSutter (04-29-2023), Urbanengineer (05-05-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 10:31 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Half the time it's the instrument cluster, half the time it's the microswitches on the shifter. Definitely troubleshoot the issue before throwing money at parts.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (05-05-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37x Base
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
If u have verified that all the switches work on the shifter, then the issue is the cluster. My car started off with manumatic mode working intermittently, and got so bad that it hardly ever worked. So I found a used cluster on ebay and bought it. When I first installed it, the MM started workin perfectly again. But then after a few weeks it became intermittent again, and is now almost as bad as my original.

I have opened up my cluster and re-soldered every point that I could. There are about a million solder points on there and some of them are way too small to do by hand. But that didn’t fix the issue. I dont know if its a cracked solder joint or maybe its a microchip or something that has just gone bad. At the moment, I have given up trying to fix it. I dont know of anyone else that has been able to figure out which part on the cluster is rhe actual problem.
I changed the cluster.. The odds of getting another cluster with the same exact issue? I don't think so. I was able to get my car etuned anyway with z1, was able to run 3rd occasionally and managed. Got the box and it scans codes. So I see a transmission code I'm assuming is the issue. I believe it's a 3rd fuse box behind where the battery sits not infront.

That's my next approach. So making sure my wires and shifter was good, then changing the cluster. Still no fix. 🤷

Old 08-01-2023, 05:15 AM
Received 398 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by Usernameavaible
I changed the cluster.. The odds of getting another cluster with the same exact issue? I don't think so. I was able to get my car etuned anyway with z1, was able to run 3rd occasionally and managed. Got the box and it scans codes. So I see a transmission code I'm assuming is the issue. I believe it's a 3rd fuse box behind where the battery sits not infront.

That's my next approach. So making sure my wires and shifter was good, then changing the cluster. Still no fix. 🤷
What transmission code are u getting?

Old 12-17-2023, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G35 Sedan 5AT
05 G35 5AT Wont shift into first

"2005 G35 5AT" got off the highway, stopped at the light, went to take off when the light turned green and the car didnt move. Acted like i was in neutral until about 3k rpms and then start to slip the clutch and roll forward. the car refused to shift into first. drove it home asap and check the OBD. got the error code P1752 Solenoid/Circuit. Have done a little looking, and am going to check the transmission's valve body in the morning. Anyone else had a similar issue?