G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New member need advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face New member need advice!

Hi guys

I just bought a 2005 G35 sedan Black on black. For the most part I am happy with the car but there are a few things I need to fix before I can start modding.
I am aware of the search feature but some questions just don't get asked or answered the way I need.

1st problem i'm noticing is the driver seat recline goes backwards but can take up to 5 min before being able to return to the upright position. Its this a known problem with these cars as i'm noticing the passenger seat hesitates a little with the fwd and bkwd.
I would assume just best to find a new seat, correct?

Secondly the back windows I can't roll down from the driver controls. The rear driver seat can roll down from the back but the rear pass doesn't roll down at all?
Do u think switches or motor?

CD player shuts whole radio down soon as CD is pressed....should I just replace with a LCD head unit? I saw the dim housing goes for about $180

And I need a new bumper any suggestions on finding a new/used one?

Can't wait to start having fun with this baby but want to get it to atleast how it should have came to begin with.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,020 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
Hi guys

I just bought a 2005 G35 sedan Black on black. For the most part I am happy with the car but there are a few things I need to fix before I can start modding.
I am aware of the search feature but some questions just don't get asked or answered the way I need.

1st problem i'm noticing is the driver seat recline goes backwards but can take up to 5 min before being able to return to the upright position. Its this a known problem with these cars as i'm noticing the passenger seat hesitates a little with the fwd and bkwd.
I would assume just best to find a new seat, correct?

http://forums.nicoclub.com/seat-does...t-t447362.html

Secondly the back windows I can't roll down from the driver controls. The rear driver seat can roll down from the back but the rear pass doesn't roll down at all?
Do u think switches or motor?

Does it click? If it clicks continuously the switch works and motor is bad, if no click at all wire is unplugged or bad switch or both

CD player shuts whole radio down soon as CD is pressed....should I just replace with a LCD head unit? I saw the dim housing goes for about $180

Switching over to a DDin is not cheap at all. It costs 100-200 for the replica replacement and 200+ for the headunit, $100 for wires. Consider buying a refurb unit.

And I need a new bumper any suggestions on finding a new/used one?

See vendor section under marketplace>Vendor marketplace. You will have to make your own decision.

Can't wait to start having fun with this baby but want to get it to atleast how it should have came to begin with.

Thanks

See above, but welcome. Please don't start modding until you have fixed the issue. Pics?

The following users liked this post:
Alexus-Kia (05-07-2014)
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
See above, but welcome. Please don't start modding until you have fixed the issue. Pics?
Thank you so much! Yeah definitely want to get the main things fixed first.
The window doesn't click just won't roll down from the front at all only from the rear and the other wont roll down either way. I going to check out the links you posted!

I'm hoping this is a great forum to join. I had a Lexus gs and there community was great, very active and friendly. Wishing for the same here...

Thanks again!

~ kia

P.s. nothing special about the car yet just a black on black g35

Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Old 05-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,020 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexus-Kia
Thank you so much! Yeah definitely want to get the main things fixed first. The window doesn't click just won't roll down from the front at all only from the rear and the other wont roll down either way. I going to check out the links you posted! I'm hoping this is a great forum to join. I had a Lexus gs and there community was great, very active and friendly. Wishing for the same here... Thanks again! ~ kia P.s. nothing special about the car yet just a black on black g35
Yeah we really aren't the friendliest. We tell it like it is and members here like a certain few mods. If you deviate from them it's creates an 8 page conversation why your choice is not right and why you should sell them. Pics pics pics.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Ok ok I got the picture...lol

I'll upload a lil something tmrw

The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (05-07-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Yeah we really aren't the friendliest. We tell it like it is and members here like a certain few mods. If you deviate from them it's creates an 8 page conversation why your choice is not right and why you should sell them. Pics pics pics.
Ain't that the truth