G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

gear indicator not showing gear and car not starting nor cranking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670
No crank is usually a failed starter, however there is a start relay in the IPDM that can fail as well. Troubleshoot both, there is also a PNP switch on the transmission and if your gear shift indicator isn't working either (like the problem in this OP thread) then it might have failed as well.

Describe "blanks out".

I pulled the starter relay

Old 01-17-2020, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by telcoman
While you were under your car did you notice if the fiber board shroud was missing and was your vehicle ever involved in a flood or driven in water or heavy rain lately?
no. But I recently had to change the battery fuse. Bc it was blown.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by MunchI3

I pulled the starter relay
From the looks of the starter relay I believe you have water damage and corrosion with a damaged IPDM and perhaps a ECM?

Old 12-01-2020, 04:25 PM
g35 coupe
Originally Posted by telcoman
While you were under your car did you notice if the fiber board shroud was missing and was your vehicle ever involved in a flood or driven in water or heavy rain lately?
I also changed my radio to a double din and it worked fine then it was raining heavy last night and I’m having the same issue. The car starts and dies right away, the gear doesn’t show and when I press on the throttle it barely works.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti G35 Automatic Sedan RWD
Hi all. I was having this problem for the past two days with my 2006 G35 Automatic Sedan. I searched around the internet but everything was leading me to some kind of a faulty transmission sensor. Like everyone else here my electrical system seemed good as far as battery, starter, alternator. But no cranking and no gear indicator. Well I figured out what it was.

The first big clue was that my AT Control fuse was blown. It's a 10A in the IPDM fuse box behind the battery, marked on the cover. I replaced it and everything went back to normal. I went to the auto store and picked up some more fuses and went to my next destination. When I parked my car, I lost the indicator again and knew the fuse had blown.

So what my issue is, is that the Backup Lamp circuitry is on that same 10A fuse as my Transmission Control. I had installed a backup camera months previous and some parts of it's wire that tapped into my Backup Lamp power (as that makes it turn on whenever the car is in reverse) had rubbed through the insulation and was likely shorting to the body and blowing that fuse. I just ripped out all of the wiring for that and will re-do it better in the coming days.

But for anyone who is having this problem, check your AT Control fuse and if it's blown, then your car should be normal if you replace the fuse. And once you figure out what part of the wiring (backup lamp could be it, but also I heard from others that wiring in your gear shifter itself can wear out and short out).

The following users liked this post:
Abyss87 (12-11-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 09:20 PM
g35
Hi bro i have this problem also

Originally Posted by Cody Riggle
Hi all. I was having this problem for the past two days with my 2006 G35 Automatic Sedan. I searched around the internet but everything was leading me to some kind of a faulty transmission sensor. Like everyone else here my electrical system seemed good as far as battery, starter, alternator. But no cranking and no gear indicator. Well I figured out what it was.

The first big clue was that my AT Control fuse was blown. It's a 10A in the IPDM fuse box behind the battery, marked on the cover. I replaced it and everything went back to normal. I went to the auto store and picked up some more fuses and went to my next destination. When I parked my car, I lost the indicator again and knew the fuse had blown.

So what my issue is, is that the Backup Lamp circuitry is on that same 10A fuse as my Transmission Control. I had installed a backup camera months previous and some parts of it's wire that tapped into my Backup Lamp power (as that makes it turn on whenever the car is in reverse) had rubbed through the insulation and was likely shorting to the body and blowing that fuse. I just ripped out all of the wiring for that and will re-do it better in the coming days.

But for anyone who is having this problem, check your AT Control fuse and if it's blown, then your car should be normal if you replace the fuse. And once you figure out what part of the wiring (backup lamp could be it, but also I heard from others that wiring in your gear shifter itself can wear out and short out).
I did do everything you did and it didn't work , what i can do ?? Can i reply with a vido?

Old 12-11-2023, 05:00 PM
did you figure it out? I'm also victim. I had some wiring cleaned up for my headlights and marker lights, suspecting them as culprit