G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Left blinker light on dash not lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left blinker light on dash not lighting

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a 2006 g35 sedan. When I use my left turn signal the light on the dash lights up 30% of the time. If the light on the dash is not on, the blinkers outside still work. I also just noticed when my cruise control is on, the "set" light is now working half of the time.

Every other dash light is working perfectly expect the left blinker and the cruise control "set"
I could not find anyone else with this same issue.

I did take out the arm and clean everything inside the steering column and put back together. That is really as far as I have gotten.

Anyone have any leads?

Thanks again!

Old 04-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Have the same issue. I think its an intermittent solder issue. So long as the outside blinker works, I haven't bothered to try and fix it.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Yeah I have done the same thing. It has been going on for a few months now. Just hate when I can't see the blinker on and with tunes going you can't hear that it's on. So you end up driving a mile down the road looking like an idiot with your blinker on.

If that is the case. Do you know how hard it is to get the dash off? I suppose someone on here has a DIY of it I will check that out.

Thanks for the tip though! Couldn't narrow down my search tool be anyone else with that same problem.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
issue isn't getting the dash off, it's locating the bad solder or intermittent connection point. You'll need to power the cluster on a bench where you can get access to the circuit board.

Might be easier to buy a new cluster and look into how to install that so the mileage matches and the cars security system works. Might require dealer visit for that though.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:29 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Hence why I just live with it. As long as the blinker itself works, I just check it.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have similar issue, doesn't bother me much tho, I just give it a little tap with my left hand time after time.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I actually had the same problem. After a year or two of dealing with it I decided to see if anyone had the same issue on this forum. A lot of people seem to have an issue with the blinker, and the consensus seems to be that its either the switch or the intermittent soldering issue. You're the first person to mention the issue with the cruise control "Set" light though, and I actually have that same issue.

My best guess is going to be that our only solution is to fix the soldering on the circuit board. But not sure it's entirely worth it as long as it works.

Sorry, I probably wasn't much help, but just wanted to share that you're not alone!

Old 05-31-2017, 09:03 PM
I've seen one other person comment on a bulb dieing maybe 2 months back.

It is odd how it is the same ones for us, but I too have an 06 sedan and have the left turn signal out most of the time, the set light out about 30% of the time, and one of the 2 lights that illuminates my odometer is also out, but seems to be out permanently.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:35 PM
Hi, my right blinker just stopped working a few nights ago. my parking lights won't turn on either and the high beams won't stay on they only turn on if i hold them on. but if i turn the hazards on the bulbs work. i just don't get anything on the dash when i turn it on and the bulb won't go on either. and the steering wheel clicks when i turn it in either direction. anyone know? just thought i could get an answer on a related post

Old 06-01-2017, 06:30 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sounds like you have multiple electrical gremlins, have you had your battery checked recently? Low batteries can cause all sorts of crazy issues on our cars. You can also test it yourself with a hydrometer if it has removable tops to the cells.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Has anyone actually taken the cluster apart and gone through the solder joints? My 06 has the left turn signal, half of the odometer, gas gauge, and cruise "set" light all not working.

Old 12-20-2019, 01:25 PM
coupe 6speed MT
Trouble with lights on the dash

Hey I recently bought a g35 and both of my green turn signal arrows on the dash and my headlight/brights indicator lights aren’t working.
but they all work on the outside of the car.

I changed the turn signal switch and it didn’t fix it. Do y’all think it could be some type of fuse? Bad cluster? blown bulb?

Old 12-22-2019, 08:51 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Put the instrument cluster in test mode and see if they turn on. If they do NOT then the problem is in the cluster. If they DO then the problem lies elsewhere.

The following users liked this post:
Quickstart (10-06-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 07:27 PM
G35X
EXACT SAME ISSUE with my 2005 G35x!

Left blinker and “SET” light, working intermittently. All other cluster functions work perfectly… wtf, what are the odds it’s always the left blinker + SET button first. Damn….

Old 06-07-2022, 01:40 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
It could have simply been an issue with the wave soldering system likely used to produce our instrument panel circuit boards. Just something about that point not getting a great solder joint for whatever reason. The fact that we've heard of several instances of that specific LED failing makes it a common problem. That also means people have probably figured out how to fix it, but it's so dang inconvenient to access...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Left blinker light on dash not lighting