G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

engine problems with my 05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine problems with my 05

Okay, so yesterday, On cold start it seemed to have problems starting, but after i tried for a second time, it started up fine with no signs of anything wrong. Drove around for a while before going home. Parked for a little bit and decided I needed some food, it took a try or two to start and it was fine, until halfway there the slip, vdc off, and service engine came on. I managed to get there and get food as well as get home alright. Today after work, decided to go to the auto parts store to get the codes read. After I decided I needed some milk and as i go to pull into a spot my car stalls. I decided I was already here so I might as well shop, anyways, Again, it took a couple tries to start but now again all the lights were on.

Autozone gave me the printout, which says its P0345 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Bank 2 Circuit... Which I believe is the sensor on the passengers side correct? Well, I just had this done like a couple hundred miles ago. Think it could be defective?

Funnily enough, but worth mentioning, the suggested parts is a distributor?

Old 06-05-2018, 09:27 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Bank 2 is the driver's side (angled sensor) and if you didn't replace it with an OEM sensor I almost guarantee that's the issue. It's a well documented fact on here that our motors don't always play nice with aftermarket sensors. Some have had long term success with them but the majority haven't. I found Amazon to be the consistently cheapest place to buy the OEM's but someone else recently posted they had found them even cheaper somewhere else. For the life of me I can't find that thread/post for some reason.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Bank 2 is the driver's side (angled sensor) and if you didn't replace it with an OEM sensor I almost guarantee that's the issue. It's a well documented fact on here that our motors don't always play nice with aftermarket sensors. Some have had long term success with them but the majority haven't. I found Amazon to be the consistently cheapest place to buy the OEM's but someone else recently posted they had found them even cheaper somewhere else. For the life of me I can't find that thread/post for some reason.
Awesome, You helped me solve my problem, good thing I keep good notes, It appears the code I got before was P0340 and now is P0345.I guess my memory was bad on which one was which. I'll look up a video of where it's located.Appreciate it man!

Old 06-06-2018, 12:26 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
G35C 5AT
Originally Posted by MgMatt
Awesome, You helped me solve my problem, good thing I keep good notes, It appears the code I got before was P0340 and now is P0345.I guess my memory was bad on which one was which. I'll look up a video of where it's located.Appreciate it man!
If you can, I'd swap both. If one goes out, it can indicate the other is going to follow soon after. Definitely go OEM as BlueDream said, I used Duralast and have been having some issues only six months down the road.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:02 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The bank 2 sensor is on the back of the block facing the firewall underneath the throttle body. I took off the TB for easier access and it's a simple procedure. Of course there are instructions here and YouTube videos that helped me. Good luck.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts
1990 Mustang GT - 351W Lightning bored/stroked 383CI TFS heads 78mm Turbonetics huricane
I changed both of mine without removing anything but the sensors. Have to do it from the passenger side and reach under the intake manifold/throttlebody area. All you need is a 1/4 drive 10mm long socket and some muscle to pull the connectors and sensors out. I thought I would try the Ebay specials and they lasted 2 days, I went through the cheapest infiniti dealer online to make sure the next sensors were genuine.