G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x vs Legacy GT ltd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
**YAWN**

For your $3500 you get much more than air vents in the rear passenger compartment and I know you're aware of this. Why you make a comment like the one above is beyond me, but okay. The MSRP of the Sube is of no concern - the car couldn't compete with the G, for ME, at any price. As previously stated I was looking for a strong V6 RWD Sedan.

I mentioned Premium C and inclusion of the air vents because he stated the G35X he was looking had the Premium Package. No other reason.
Yawn all you want. The G35 is a great car but there are other cars out there. The legacy GT Ltd. Is one of them. It has a lot of standard features, http://www.subaru.com/shop/specifica...DAN&category=*, AWD, excellent handling, a great engine, & performance. Car & Driver did a comparison test with the legacy & other cars awhile back. They got a 5.7 0-60, ¼ mile 14.2 @ 96, & 0-150 26.2. Those are magazine times, & we all know you can get better times with a better driver. As for the $3500 you get a Bose Sound System (which is not up to par), Intelligent Key System (bragging rights), Conventional Spare Tire, Garage Door Opener (which cost’s $240 for Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass w/Homelink on the Legacy). Big deal. With the G35, you get a great warrantee, service depending on dealer, & loaners of the same car. Which is nice but most people lease anyway & are usually out of the car before the warrantee ends (depending on the situation & decision of the person though).

Old 03-15-2005, 09:31 PM
styling is 100% subjective

I'm interested mostly in quality and mechanicals. Styling is purely subjective. I actually love the Legacy GT appearance, except for the back end which looks identical to a Toyota Camry.

Styling is 100% subjective, except for the Pontiac Aztek which I believe 100% of people find ugly. Way to go GM!!

Old 03-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by DocCat
I'm interested mostly in quality and mechanicals. Styling is purely subjective. I actually love the Legacy GT appearance, except for the back end which looks identical to a Toyota Camry.

Styling is 100% subjective, except for the Pontiac Aztek which I believe 100% of people find ugly. Way to go GM!!
I kind of like the back end more then the front (which reminds me of an Audi), I think the front looks good but it is a little to narrow in contrast to the rear. I think a chin spoiler would fix that.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I think there's no doubt the Legacy is a great value for the price but subaru isn't a luxury company... infiniti, although at the lower end of the luxury scale, is still more luxury than subaru... hence the better warranty, service, loaners, etc...

Ippo, you defend the legacy a lot for a guy that didn't buy one lol... I don't think its fair to compare the two simply because they are geared towards different folks... the fact that they're both sport sedans is pretty much the only common factor... the engines are different, the interior quality is different, the warranties are different, the drive train is different, the service is different... IMO its really futile to compare them because each has their own advantages that can sway the argument either way...

Old 03-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCat
I've narrowed my choice down to these two. The G35x with premium will run me about 34,800 and the Legacy GT ltd about 28,000.

The Infiniti obviously has more luxurious features: Rear AC vents for the back, reclining back seats, better stereo (though I've heard some on this board complain they don't like the Bose), better warranty, nicer seats.

Performance numbers are similiar and both get very good reviews. I plan to buy an automatic (wife doesn't drive stick.)

There's no doubt the Infiniti is more luxurious (though Subaru has dramatically improved their interiors). Obviously, everyone on the Sub board is of one opinion.

The question I have is, for nearly $7,000 more, should I go with the Infiniti anyway??? Obviously, everyone on this board will say yes, but what are your reasons?
Not everyone on the board will say yes. I test drove the Legacy GT LTD right before buying the infiniti, It drove just as impressive. The only reason I didn't get it was because they wanted me to put money down. I was getting it for $28,523. which included the popular group1, performance group 1, and the subwoofer. The was for the 5-sp. To be honest I wasn't even in the market for an infiniti, I was just getting work done on my Titan and happen to see a 6-sp on the lot and traded the titan. During car shopping the other cars I looked at was the Volvo S40 T5. Honestly the Infinity is more luxurious if that's what you're looking for. If you're looking for a performance , style, mid-luxurious at a bargain price, got with the Subie.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by tsolin01
I think there's no doubt the Legacy is a great value for the price but subaru isn't a luxury company... infiniti, although at the lower end of the luxury scale, is still more luxury than subaru... hence the better warranty, service, loaners, etc...

Ippo, you defend the legacy a lot for a guy that didn't buy one lol... I don't think its fair to compare the two simply because they are geared towards different folks... the fact that they're both sport sedans is pretty much the only common factor... the engines are different, the interior quality is different, the warranties are different, the drive train is different, the service is different... IMO its really futile to compare them because each has their own advantages that can sway the argument either way...
If you read my early posts, you would see why I did not get it. I defend good cars from blatant ill-educated OPINONS period. I gave adequate information to the original poster to help him make a better-informed decision. I never said the Legacy was better then the G35 nor vise versa. A good car is a good car & that they are both. The legacy is a leap forward for Subaru in their goal to become more of a renowned car manufacture. It was not to long ago that Nissan was not in the best of places, but with the conception of a multi-platform engine, design, & the introduction of the G35 they grew & grew fast. Subaru & many others are doing the same. Many BMW people believe that the G35 cannot compare or compete with the 3 series but it does. The Legacy might not have a better warrantee, & loners (service will depend on dealer) like the G35 does but it is & can be a present & future competitor. Nothing wrong with a little car shopping.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
The legacy is a leap forward
It's a good car but it's a variant of the last generation legacy, how is that at all much better than before? It was already a pretty great car in it's class but lets be honest with ourselves here. THe mazda 6 is more of a breakthrough for the manufactuer and a better car overall forgetting AWD arguments. A breakthrough is more than marketing - it's something like using a front midship platform that changes tha balance or actually mounting the engine the way engines are supposed to be mounted. Or offering something no one else has. That little platform is not going to garner many entry lux dollars and it will still be a great car and will still sell well. A car needs balance and those subbies cannot come close in the balance equation. It's also a bit compact for this class too.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:02 PM
http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2005/..._0228test.html. http://www.fast-autos.net/subaru/subarulegacy.html. Good reviews for a variant (beneath all thing’s Infiniti) car don't you think. Do not take theirs or any other magazine reviews or opinions until you go and drive one especially to its limits yourself. The AWD in the 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 as far as I understand will be a Haldex. Not exactly, awe inspiring. The 3 Series is a little smaller then the G35 to I believe. What is your point?

Old 03-16-2005, 05:00 PM
My point is the Subbie SUX

Old 03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Dude I wouldn't drive one after I sat in it. It's the same old car with a new wrapper and the doors shut to sound like my 82 civic hatchback. Stop selling Pukauru's on an Infiniti site. Do you even own an Infiniti.

PS the M is a variant of the G platform so no not even Infiniti is beneath using ecomomies of scale. Subbie just tricks consumers into thinking it's a new platoform when it's the same old design for the most part. There is nothing ground breaking about the subbie platform even if it can go fast and handle ok. This is still an economy car with a big pricetag for all the add ons as far as I am concerned. You could get an new 03 loaded for sub 20. Nothing changed that much to make it worth the extra 10k unless they mount the engine properly and make it RWD bias and put a powerful v-6 in it.

Last edited by SixFive; 03-16-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Very Intelligent. Thank you come again. Fact is the G35 is not the only car on the road. So grow up. I do hope they continue to improve upon the G35 & many other cars. It makes for better vehicles from a broad range of car manufactures & in turn is better for us as consumers. I guess brand loyalty, brand fanatic, & car enthusiast have different meanings to different people.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
No **** it's not the only car on the road. Try to compare within class and you won't get so hammered. The subbie is no 3, no a-4, no anything other than what it is and it appeals to few around here.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Hve you read some other review such as C&D or just the ones that like your favorite. The G is much closer to what is considered the class leader this time around. Good luck with the next generation in what 2009?

Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Dude I wouldn't drive one after I sat in it. It's the same old car with a new wrapper and the doors shut to sound like my 82 civic hatchback. Stop selling Pukauru's on an Infiniti site. Do you even own an Infiniti.

PS the M is a variant of the G platform so no not even Infiniti is beneath using ecomomies of scale. Subbie just tricks consumers into thinking it's a new platoform when it's the same old design for the most part. There is nothing ground breaking about the subbie platform even if it can go fast and handle ok. This is still an economy car with a big pricetag for all the add ons as far as I am concerned. You could get an new 03 loaded for sub 20. Nothing changed that much to make it worth the extra 10k unless they mount the engine properly and make it RWD bias and put a powerful v-6 in it.
Your concern & what is fact are two different things. You just said your self that Infiniti uses a multi-platform design (not to mention a multi-engine design on their vehicles). Therefore, an M35/45 is in fact a glorified version of the G35. Does it make the M any less car then it is, NO. In fact, it’s a great car based on a great platform. It goes for the Legacy & other Subaru’s as well. All car manufactures use a multi-purpose design on many of their vehicles. Some good some not so good. The fact remains both the G35 & the Legacy GT are great cars at a great price & weather you like it or not people have & will cross shop these two competing cars. I am just trying to give the best info. With out a biased opinion to the original poster, & yes I do own an Infiniti. Instead of spouting, accusations reread the thread.

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:41 PM
You really need to grow up. You act as if I took your candy away from you & continue taunting you with it as I eat it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x vs Legacy GT ltd