G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x vs Legacy GT ltd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shodog
Ippo, aside from berating various list members, have you thought about becoming a subaru salesman? You make some compleeing arguments

When the subie came out I went to test drive it to see what all the hoopla was about. It's a very good car. I agree with others about fit and finish which I feel don't match Infiniti's standards

My main beef was the engine. If you clutch dump and flogg it all the way to redline, it's very impressive. But for around town normal driving, it feels gutless in the lower RPM range and then all the power comes on in a big rush. Not a very linear accelerator.

Finally, there is just no way that 4cyl turbo engine is going to hold up to spritited driving over the long haul. Start modding it and sure you get some fat HP gains but your also on the fast track to engine grenading.

The G35 is a more refined car and the extra cost supports that assumption
“I don’t think that a turbo 4 will last long” Yeah, if you are a boob. If you take care of it, it will. Read all my posts. Beanboy reiterates what I have already said. It’s the same engine in the USDM Sti only detuned. Of course, it is not linear, it is a turbo 4. As for gutless down low, the G35 is not a peach either. The power does not kick in until about 4000 rpm. Sure, it has some torque down low but not much different then the legacy. 250 hp @ 6000 rpm & 250 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm on the Legacy. 280 @ 6,200 RPM & 270 lb-ft @ 4,800 RPM on the G35. Berating, they do it to themselves with the lack of knowledge & brand fanaticism. I like Infiniti & the G35 but I am a car enthusiast not a brand butt-buddy. I like what is good. The fit & Finish on the Legacy is good considering what you get for the price, not to mention the G35 did not have the best interior up until 05, & even then my 05 has some major spaces on the dash & center console. Even some very noticeable rattles, especially when I close the trunk. I plan to have the dealer correct this but on a brand new car that is not kosher.

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
My 80+ year old mother just bought one and loves it! She expressed many of the same concerns about value and cost as you have in your query. Bottom line....I'm sure you'll get the same enjoyment as she does....especially when she's "styl'n" and hits Target and Wally World

Old 03-18-2005, 09:09 AM
What a joke the guy owns a G and comes here and bitches like girl when we don't bow down to a way frikkin crappier car that happens to buzz to 60 really fast. GET IT PUNK: If i wanted a crappy POS subbie pancake 4 turbo gutless no tourque compact car for my "little" 6'5" frame I would buy one. I could give 2 shiiits about how fast you can wind that little toy up. It's not what I want - get it. I drive what I frikkin want and would buy it again even with the crappy interior. Do you even know what my interior looks like punk? Come over to philly so I can biitch slap your lezbo car loving punk ****. You are just a troll biitch. now GTFO

Old 03-18-2005, 09:12 AM
And stop selling mods for a car you don't own. those packages all make the car nearly inoperable half the time if they are anything like the kits for the evo. What a joke. Don't tell people what they should buy when your too stupid to take your own advice einstien...

Old 03-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by SixFive
What a joke the guy owns a G and comes here and bitches like girl when we don't bow down to a way frikkin crappier car that happens to buzz to 60 really fast. GET IT PUNK: If i wanted a crappy POS subbie pancake 4 turbo gutless no tourque compact car for my "little" 6'5" frame I would buy one. I could give 2 shiiits about how fast you can wind that little toy up. It's not what I want - get it. I drive what I frikkin want and would buy it again even with the crappy interior. Do you even know what my interior looks like punk? Come over to philly so I can biitch slap your lezbo car loving punk ****. You are just a troll biitch. now GTFO
OMFG! Laughed so hard I nearly pi$$ed myself.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
What this forum needs is a lot more e-thuggin. Thug it up peoples.

Attached Thumbnails G35x vs Legacy GT ltd-ethuggin.jpg  
Old 03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey dipsh!t, I do not give a **** or not if you like it. I gave accurate Info. To the poster & then you & your spooning bed buddies started talking **** about it & I corrected your fairy ***. Now you want a big e-hug because I hurt your feelings. Grow a pair or go home skippy. You think by calling ME out ON THE ******* internet your going to prove your manhood. I am a boxer by hobby & I will make a career out of you. Learn to live with the pain PUNK. I own you. Now daddy said go to bed or I will ground your lopsided a$$. As for you, GeeWilikers wear depends.

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by jmcumming
What this forum needs is a lot more e-thuggin. Thug it up peoples.
SixFive you are a lot shorter in that picture. Are we e-lying? Come come now that is not fair.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:40 AM
SixFive, seems like you really love your Nissan. Good for you!

LGT 1/4 mile times are still few and far between, summer should change things. Same goes for the 2005 G35. Has anybody taken a new sedan or coupe to the track?

I know Nissan/Infiniti have played a bit of a HP numbers game with the VQ engine series across model lines, curious how much actual additional power is present.

-B

Old 03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Ippo
GeeWilikers wear depends.
I'm not wasting a lot of time with you Ippo. (or is it Hippo? Hmm. Big mouth and fat a$$.. Yep, Hippo it is..)

A quick scan of your post history shows nothing but an endless pissing contest with assorted people who won't tell you how right you are. You can add me to that list.

It isn't your facts that are incorrect, it's your delivery. A shame too, as you seem to be a guy with a lot of knowledge and experience.

I find humor where I find it, and SixFive's post cracked me up. It would have cracked me up no matter who it was directed to - it struck me funny. Sorry it happened at your expense but it started my day off with a good chuckle so I commented. I'll continue to do so in the future when the mood strikes me, as it did this time.

The "Depends" comment was really weak, I'm sure you can do better. I'll try to read through the poor grammar and mispellings to get your point, but no promises. If you'd pull your head from your butt, you'd see that I no longer wear the Depends, but have switched to a new vinyl brand that comes in sexy stylish colors. These are my current favorites:

They're cheaper too. I switched because if you keep getting butt-slammed here in the forums I think I'm going to need more than my usual quantity.

Keep fighting those windmills.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 03-18-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah I wanna see a pic of this guy in a his G anyway. A car he wished he didn't have for a 4 cylinder econolux box he could have had. Time to ignore this palooka and get back to modding fun. oooo scary boxer. LOL

Old 03-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I'm not wasting a lot of time with you Ippo. (or is it Hippo? Hmm. Big mouth and fat a$$.. Yep, Hippo it is..)

A quick scan of your post history shows nothing but an endless pissing contest with assorted people who won't tell you how right you are. You can add me to that list.

It isn't your facts that are incorrect, it's your delivery. A shame too, as you seem to be a guy with a lot of knowledge and experience.

I find humor where I find it, and SixFive's post cracked me up. It would have cracked me up no matter who it was directed to - it struck me funny. Sorry it happened at your expense but it started my day off with a good chuckle so I commented. I'll continue to do so in the future when the mood strikes me, as it did this time.

The "Depends" comment was really weak, I'm sure you can do better. I'll try to read through the poor grammar and mispellings to get your point, but no promises. If you'd pull your head from your butt, you'd see that I no longer wear the Depends, but have switched to a new vinyl brand that comes in sexy stylish colors. These are my current favorites:

They're cheaper too. I switched because if you keep getting butt-slammed here in the forums I think I'm going to need more than my usual quantity.

Keep fighting those windmills.
I do not kowtow to anyone & I did not ask anyone else too. If you read the thread, I said I like both. I just expect more from so-called car enthusiasts. It is called respect. You do not have to like it but to put it down straight out with out any knowledge of it, is ignorant & arrogant. Your one to call weak, the hippo comment is a lame a$$ excuse for a comeback. My name derives from a boxing anime. Why, well lets see, oh that’s right I’m a boxer. I should have thought of that one. While you are looking up my past, get it right. I would be considered a middleweight, but my goal weight is 200 @ 8-10 % body fat. Hardly the makings of a fat person, wouldn’t you say. Oh, & by the way I hope the next 80+ year old women likes dominatrix because those granny panty depends are snazzy, & you two would make a great couple. Man you guy’s should grow up. Not once did I ask any of you tards to like it. As I said, I posted it for the thread STARTER! Therefore, he can make an informed decision. I am not the one trying to sell anything. However, it sure is apparent that you guy’s are. If you have an opinion on something, that is one thing but to write something off because it does not suit you & then try to continue to smear it is childish. The G35 is cool & so is the Legacy. Let the man decide based on the knowledge gained. It would have been cool if you & your lovers gave respectful opinions, period. The thread is titled G35x V.S. Legacy GT Ltd. Not “let’s bash the legacy, because we are grow men without ball’s & respect”.

Last edited by Ippo; 03-18-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Yeah I wanna see a pic of this guy in a his G anyway. A car he wished he didn't have for a 4 cylinder econolux box he could have had. Time to ignore this palooka and get back to modding fun. oooo scary boxer. LOL
Listen slick you called me out first, & you got punked. Do not make it worse by continuing to show your lack of brain cells. Both are great cars & people cross-shop. If you do not like it, do not read the thread & do not post.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
endless pissing contest
As for this, the beginning of the thread I was posting facts & thorough information, until you & Mr. 12 inch e-**** started spouting condescending remarks. I just defended as you have & would do. I did not single anyone out I did not have too. You guy’s did that to yourself. There are others on here that posted informative & respectful opinions. Why can’t you?

Old 03-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Gee, another G35 vs. Subbie Legacy GT thread and another Subbie coming over here to our site just to e-fight and get into a pissing contest. Been there, done that. Go home already, back to your Subbie site and your boys; you won't see us coming over to the Subbie site just to pick a fight...it's just a waste of time.

And, BTW - most of the U.S. car mags and such agree that as nice as the Legacy GT is and as fast as it is, the car doesn't have the std. features and available options other cars such as the Infiniti G35 do and is just not in the same car class as the Infiniti G35, BMW 3 Series, Lexus IS, Acura TL, Audi A4, and Mercedes. If anyone would give props to the Subbie Legacy GT and try to bring it up to the same level as the above mentioned sports sedans, then the car mags would...competition is always good for the automobile business. However, when the comparos are done, the Legacy GT is always compared to lower level cars in it's own class. Maybe, if Subaru were really serious about raising the level of the Legacy GT, then they shouldn't have offered a "base" model with a crappy, non-turbo 4 cyl. econobox engine and a base price of under $22k.

Last edited by bsgoren; 03-18-2005 at 12:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x vs Legacy GT ltd