G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Anyone notice a slight loss in power with the a/c on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by basus
What is AC Econ mode suppose to do. I always keep at Auto mode
It’s suppose to reduce load to engine and improve fuel economy, but I haven’t experience a noticeable improvement in mpg… You can use econ even while in Auto mode, just hit the selector button a second time.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JKWright
First off: There are a lot of smart-assed know-it-all ****** on this board who're quick to offer a condescending shot at first blush. I find it a sign of weakness. It's disappointing. Lots of static on this forum and not much knowledge.

Secondly: Gsedanman, I expect your numbers are pretty close, although I'd peg it on the high end of your range when the compressor is engaged. So Corgi, you bet you'll feel a little tug when the compressor is running. (As you know.) The relative power loss -- what you feel on the SOTP dyno -- depends on the overall power curve and torque of the engine and efficiency of the compressor.

Even though the compressor in my wife's G20 is similar in size and efficiency, it feels like a boat anchor is dropped out the back of the car when it engages. A 15-horsepower drag on a 145-horsepower engine is, relatively speaking, a huge number when compared with a 15-horsepower drag on a 298-horsepower engine. Her car turns into a 130-horsepower (and in reality much less during a Dallas summer, with the 100-degree ambient heat sapping another 10 or 15 horsepower compared with a 70-degree baseline) slug, while my G35 merely drops to a 283-horsepower slightly-less-speedy rabbit.

And finally, Corgi, as a guy who's owned five Nissan cars over the last 15 years or so intermixed with a Dodge, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and countless rentals, I think that Nissans in general seem to run compressors that put a heavier drag on the engine than many other manufacturers. The G35 is no exception. I've noticed it with every single Nissan I've bought.
Good info JKW, thanks

Old 06-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
doesn't ac sap like like 10hp when its on...is this news to anyone??

Old 06-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snelldogg
Luxx..While the answer seemed pretty obvious there is no need for you to be such an as#@**(. Take that somewhere else! Or stop borrowing daddy's car and get off this site.

sorry playa, i bought the car myself i can afford it, dont be mad cause you spent your life savings on a G

and the comment was supposed to be sarcastic but i guess i forgot to put the j/k at the end of it believe it or not