G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wiper chatter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey it's your choice but for me the $$ ouch now and no chatter PLUS durability for at least 2 years more than makes up for blades twice a year and possible chatter for the whole time.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by esfoad
Hey it's your choice but for me the $$ ouch now and no chatter PLUS durability for at least 2 years more than makes up for blades twice a year and possible chatter for the whole time.
I am not saying I can't afford 15 bucks but the problem is the wiper arm itself and we should be able to buy $2 refill blades and it should work perfertly. Most likely I'll bring it back to dealer and have them switch out the wiper arm. Until then, the 19 inch wiper should last me till I schedule a time with the dealers.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool. Let us know if it solves the problem.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why pay money when there is a TSB for the problem and you get the problem fixed for free at the dealer?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:02 PM
I had the same problem. My solution was to snake the garden hose, with spray nozzle, over the car to simulate rain. But on my bathing suit and "adjusted" the wiper arms by slightly bending them until the chatter stopped. This was over a year ago with no problems yet ... on factory original wiper blades (now 2 years old).

Old 10-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fieldsie
Why pay money when there is a TSB for the problem and you get the problem fixed for free at the dealer?
Best advice here so far!

Old 10-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by fieldsie
I guess for a few reasons. Time spent bringing car to dealer and time wasted if they claim they fixed it but it's not. Also, the risk of them scratching or damaging your car (you'll hear stories about it on this forum from time to time).

Anyway, I drove today in very light rain. The shorter 19inch wiper did the job but at the end of the day, I can tell the wipers are not too smooth and that it's starting to get loose and shake a bit, although no chattering. Called Infiniti and scheduled my car to the shop for the chattering issue as well as the TSB on the clock, shift console and vent squeaks next week.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by number2
I had the same problem. My solution was to snake the garden hose, with spray nozzle, over the car to simulate rain. But on my bathing suit and "adjusted" the wiper arms by slightly bending them until the chatter stopped. This was over a year ago with no problems yet ... on factory original wiper blades (now 2 years old).
Bending them how?

Old 10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
My wipers chattered when I first picked up my car. I took it in the next week, said "The wipers are skipping" and that was that. Dealer fixed it with no problem and I haven't had a problem with it since.

First thing I'd do is have the dealer work on it.

JoshNjuice

Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by JoshNjuice
My wipers chattered when I first picked up my car. I took it in the next week, said "The wipers are skipping" and that was that. Dealer fixed it with no problem and I haven't had a problem with it since.

First thing I'd do is have the dealer work on it.

JoshNjuice
I'm bringing mine in on Thursday for them to look at the wiper chatter. JoshNjuice...what exactly did the dealer write up as the fix? I'll post on how it goes after the service visit on Thursday.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Mine are still chattering, I gave the car to my wife though and got a new car, so it is her problem now

Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Argetni
Mine are still chattering, I gave the car to my wife though and got a new car, so it is her problem now
Whattttttttt

What a way to fix the issue

So what kinda car did you get? Did you ever sold those 18 sport wheels?

Old 10-13-2005, 02:22 AM
2005 Honda s2000

And yes I did

Old 10-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by lelg35
I'm bringing mine in on Thursday for them to look at the wiper chatter. JoshNjuice...what exactly did the dealer write up as the fix? I'll post on how it goes after the service visit on Thursday.
Well....I took my car in today for the dealer to look at the wipers. I'm not satisfied, but there's not much else to do at this point. The service tech immediately looked at my mileage, and claimed that it's time to change the wipers (I have 12K+ miles). We've had a drought in Chicago this whole summer, and I got my car in April, so I've only used the wipers like 5 times. But yet, he claims that they may be stiff and hardened. I asked about the wiper chatter TSB for the 2003's and he was not even willing to apply it to my 2005. So, I ask him what he plans on doing, and he said he's just planning on changing the wipers. And also tells me to clean the windshield with vinegar and water. So, I think this will temporarily get rid of the chatter, so I made sure I got the wiper inserts from the dealer, so I can come back in a couple of weeks and tell them that it's still chattering. I didn't want them to say that I had on aftermarket blades and that's why there's still chattering.

I made sure they wrote up the problem so at least there is another writeup/complaint about this.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by lelg35
Well....I took my car in today for the dealer to look at the wipers. I'm not satisfied, but there's not much else to do at this point. The service tech immediately looked at my mileage, and claimed that it's time to change the wipers (I have 12K+ miles). We've had a drought in Chicago this whole summer, and I got my car in April, so I've only used the wipers like 5 times. But yet, he claims that they may be stiff and hardened. I asked about the wiper chatter TSB for the 2003's and he was not even willing to apply it to my 2005. So, I ask him what he plans on doing, and he said he's just planning on changing the wipers. And also tells me to clean the windshield with vinegar and water. So, I think this will temporarily get rid of the chatter, so I made sure I got the wiper inserts from the dealer, so I can come back in a couple of weeks and tell them that it's still chattering. I didn't want them to say that I had on aftermarket blades and that's why there's still chattering.

I made sure they wrote up the problem so at least there is another writeup/complaint about this.
When I made my appt. I already told them I swapped blades already and same issue. They better not switch a factory wiper blade and send me home. I'll whack them with it . I just don't want any bs excuse from them. Most likely, you'll need to go back. It's pretty much determined it's the wiper arm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wiper chatter