G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wiper chatter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I said earlier, it's cheaper to just buy the PIAA's and be done with it. No dealer hassles, time wasted etc. Problem solved! Just my .02

Old 10-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeee2
When I made my appt. I already told them I swapped blades already and same issue. They better not switch a factory wiper blade and send me home. I'll whack them with it . I just don't want any bs excuse from them. Most likely, you'll need to go back. It's pretty much determined it's the wiper arm.
Yeah, I know. I just want to make sure I have a paper trial when I complain. And I wanted to make sure I put on Nissan replacement blades...I wonder what story they'll make up when I go back next time. Hopefully, with enough customer complaints, Nissan may work on a TSB for the 05s. The problem seems to be prominent enough.

The service advisor was another story...first time I've seen that guy. I asked him if they've repaired many rattle issues on the G. He said, "no". Then I start talking about the vent rattle and the clock rattle....all of a sudden, this guy knows about all the damn rattles - rearview mirror rattle, door rattle when radio is played, etc. First time at this dealership where I felt like I was being given BS - without a good attempt at hiding it, that is.

Last edited by lelg35; 10-13-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by esfoad
Like I said earlier, it's cheaper to just buy the PIAA's and be done with it. No dealer hassles, time wasted etc. Problem solved! Just my .02
I hear ya. I'm starting to think the shorter length blade or the PIAA may be the way to go.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lelg35
I hear ya. I'm starting to think the shorter length blade or the PIAA may be the way to go.
I already tried the 19inch blade. It doesn't chatter but it's not a smooth glide across either. That plus when I reverse, the 19inch blade actually lifts off a little on the windshield for a split second and then smacks it back in. Does that most of the time and quite annoying. 19inch blade is a good bandaid for the issue and takes care of the chattering noise but not a permanent fix.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:04 PM
I had the same problem until I cleaned the glass with BON AMI cleanser. It's a trick I learned years ago. Next time you are washing the car, liberally sprinkle the cleanser on the glass and scrub very well with a cloth or sponge. Yes, you will make a mess but the hose will wash away all of it. Bon AMI will not harm the glass but it should get off whatever is causing your chatter.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Streaker
I had the same problem until I cleaned the glass with BON AMI cleanser. It's a trick I learned years ago. Next time you are washing the car, liberally sprinkle the cleanser on the glass and scrub very well with a cloth or sponge. Yes, you will make a mess but the hose will wash away all of it. Bon AMI will not harm the glass but it should get off whatever is causing your chatter.
How long does this last? How often do you have to clean it like this? I guess this was the service advisor's intention when he told me to use vinegar and water?

Old 10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Guess I got lucky. It's been raining for days here (after 2 months without) and my wipers are smooth as can be.

It does seem like possibly the dealer rain-x'd my windshield for me though, cause the water beads up big time. Good luck to the guys having problems.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't think I've seen PIAAs at Pep Boys, etc. Where do you buy them from? Online?

Also, they're supposed to emit some silicone on the windshield. Is there any smearing from the silicone on the windshield?

Last edited by lelg35; 10-13-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:06 AM
BonAmi

Just wanted to chime in re: Bon Ami. I had posted original comments about need for a shorter blade which have worked extremely well for me. We have had 9 days of rain/drizzle in record breaking amounts since Oct 1st. and never a chatter etc. at any speed.
It is so true that the other most critical aspect of wiper performance is a meticulously clean windshield! I have found that this is something many ignore or don't know how to accomplish.
Bon Ami is an EXCELLENT choice for removing atmospheric debris that WILL NOT be cleaned with windex, washer fluid etc. Depending on where you live, might be something you would want to add to a regular cleaning habit.
I have totally stayed away from Rain-X but when I have used it in the past, it too must be applied only to perfectly cleaned glass.
To demonstrate this, next time you have your clay bar out, use it on windshield with Windex or similar whetting agent and LISTEN carefully to material as it passes over glass surface much the same way you would over painted surfaces.
BTW, there are several more specific windshield cleaning compounds ala Bon Ami....one i believe is made by Detailer's Price (Autogeek.com?) and others.
Good luck!!

Old 10-14-2005, 11:10 AM
I really don't know how long it will last because we all use our cars differently. Some are parked outside and others not. If you just do the cleaning and if it works, you will be the first to know when it needs repeating. If you do it when you are washing the car anyway, it only adds about five minutes to the whole job.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just go to the PIAA site:
http://piaa.idealerquik.com/custinfo.asp
Put in your hometown or zip code and a list of local dealers will pop up. You can also order them from Tirerack and, I suppose, other online sites.
They come with a wipe that seems to work like RainX. I didn't use the prep because I use Castrol Accuvision. It seems that Castrol sold the product to another company but I cannot find them. Too bad, it's great stuff. Goes on much easier than RainX and lasts longer. I still have two bottles so I should be OK for a while.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Just go to the PIAA site:
http://piaa.idealerquik.com/custinfo.asp
Put in your hometown or zip code and a list of local dealers will pop up. You can also order them from Tirerack and, I suppose, other online sites.
They come with a wipe that seems to work like RainX. I didn't use the prep because I use Castrol Accuvision. It seems that Castrol sold the product to another company but I cannot find them. Too bad, it's great stuff. Goes on much easier than RainX and lasts longer. I still have two bottles so I should be OK for a while.
Thanks!

Old 10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Wiper chatter

After 3 visits to the dealer for this problem (G35x/1100 miles) and no fix, I bouught a pair of PIAA wipers.

It's a lot better but I still get some visual chatter from the lower drivers side blade. Will see how they stand up over time.

If it stays like this I can live with it. The blades were 40.00 for both. I'm going to try and get some type of compensation from the dearler.

This is a design problem. Why on some cars and not others, I have no Idea. But you would think that after three years Infiniti would have done something

Old 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ronald1450
It is so true that the other most critical aspect of wiper performance is a meticulously clean windshield!
I am not sure if I agree with this 100%. Example: I've driven my Accord for 8 years now and the windshield never had any treatment and it hasn't gotten a car wash for a few months now but it's chatter free. Before that, my other car...Talon...also never had any windshield treatment and not once did it chatter. They run $3 or $4 blades and maybe some better ones but under $10 bucks for sure throughout the car's lifetime. Both of these cars were never garage and sit in the sun and rain 365 days a year.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I am not sure if I agree with this 100%. Example: I've driven my Accord for 8 years now and the windshield never had any treatment and it hasn't gotten a car wash for a few months now but it's chatter free. Before that, my other car...Talon...also never had any windshield treatment and not once did it chatter. They run $3 or $4 blades and maybe some better ones but under $10 bucks for sure throughout the car's lifetime. Both of these cars were never garage and sit in the sun and rain 365 days a year.
I agree, I've owned cars since I was 18, (some more expensive than the G35) and I'm now 56 and never had a problem with wipers like the one I have with my G35x

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wiper chatter