G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Wiper chatter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper chatter

Since I picked up my new G, the drivers side wiper has been chattering across the windshield.

The passenger side has always been fine.

I have cleaned the windshield with several times.

I replaced both wipers with Bosch Micro-edge and still chattering.

Any ideas?

Old 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Put a coat of polish or rain X on your windows. I've never had the problem, but I've never been without rain X on my windshield either.

There are a few other threads about this - the general recommendation was to clean the glass and then put something on it to smooth the wiper's path.

Aside from that, I have no idea.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would take the car to the dealer rather spending anymore of your own money.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:37 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Make sure that the offending wiper is sitting at 90 degrees to the window. If it's leaning one way or the other, it will chatter.
Other than that like GW says, a coat of wax ( I use Zaino detailer Z-6) or Rain-X and the problem should disappear.
C.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Gsedanman
Make sure that the offending wiper is sitting at 90 degrees to the window. If it's leaning one way or the other, it will chatter.
Other than that like GW says, a coat of wax ( I use Zaino detailer Z-6) or Rain-X and the problem should disappear.
C.
^^WHS^^
You can correct the angle by twisting the flat part of the wiper arm.
You will need pliers & something to wrap the arm so that it doesn't get scratched.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Well I think I fixed it. I tweaked the wiper arm and the actual wiper itself. No they are silent, at least with the wiper fluid...we will see when it rains.

Thanks for the advice all.

Old 06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
A cleaner called Invisible Glass, or something like that, worked for me.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I just had my car in for 6000km service yesterday and told them about the driver's side wiper chattering. They said they replaced the wiper (under warranty) and all seems to be good now. We had a little rain yesterday and it worked fine.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Argetni
Well I think I fixed it. I tweaked the wiper arm and the actual wiper itself. Now they are silent, at least with the wiper fluid...we will see when it rains.

Thanks for the advice all.
Well our first heavy rain today and the chattering is back and worse than ever.

Between the door and vent rattles and the wiper chatter this car sounds like a 37k piece of ****

Old 07-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the same exact wiper problem. The amount of rain coming down doesn't matter, but the chatter from the blades is enough to drive me crazy. With my other cars, I never needed any RainX etc on the windshield just so the wipers worked properly. I'm gonna have to take that route I guess but I don't feel that I should 'have' to.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:35 PM
The chatter problem is usually caused by the wiper arm itself, not the wipers. You should take it to the dealer and have it fixed. I have had this problem with other cars in the past.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Argentni,

Did you ever resolve your wiper chatter issue? I am getting this problem now. Today it was pouring and if I set the wipers at the fastest speed it's fine. As soon as the rain slows a bit and I set the wipers at a slower pace, it chatters/skips. If I pump the windshield fluids out then it's fine for a few seconds. I can't believe Infiniti has so many little issues.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Argetni
Since I picked up my new G, the drivers side wiper has been chattering across the windshield.

The passenger side has always been fine.

I have cleaned the windshield with several times.

I replaced both wipers with Bosch Micro-edge and still chattering.

Any ideas?
Remember it is suggested that wiper blades be replaced every six months. With that in mind how long were the wipers on the car from the time it left the factory to the time of purchase? I've had my G for six months and on the test drive I noticed the same thing and asked them to replace prior to purchasing the car. Of course they'll comply since I was buying a car. Try to see if you can talk to your salesperson, if he/she is cool they can have it done for free. Good luck
Oops didn't noticed you already replaced them.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Remember it is suggested that wiper blades be replaced every six months. With that in mind how long were the wipers on the car from the time it left the factory to the time of purchase? I've had my G for six months and on the test drive I noticed the same thing and asked them to replace prior to purchasing the car. Of course they'll comply since I was buying a car. Try to see if you can talk to your salesperson, if he/she is cool they can have it done for free. Good luck
Oops didn't noticed you already replaced them.
Replaced every 6 months? You kidding me. On my accord, I've used the same blades for at least 1 1/2 years (I don't drive that much) and it still doesn't chatter. There's a TSB for 2003.5 model for this issue. Just waiting for a TSB for a 2005 I guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wiper chatter