G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dual Bypass Systems, Pre-Oilers - make your baby last forever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
It's not cost beneficial for the manufacturers and maybe for the consumers becuase the average consumer does not keep a vehicle that long. It increases the cost of vehicles and manufacturers would sell less becuase engines would last longer. This isn't just due to pre-oiling - but pre-oiling combined with bypass filtration. Most consumers don't want to bother with oil analysis to determine proper drains - especially with bypass - manufacturers play it safe and recommend very short drains because most people don't even check their oil.

Well as the above posting said, manufacturers desgin the average vehicle to go about 250 -300k miles. Pre-Oiling will extend engine life beyond this - especially in colder climates, or when vehicles sit for extened periods of time (enough time for the oil to settle down into the pan).

PS: there was really cool show about oil last night "lube job" on the history channel, it was very interesting and they went over most of the same things that has been mentioned in this thread with scientists and chemical engineers from shell oil and some other companies. lube job

I taped the show so if anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
I taped the show so if anyone wants to see it, let me know.
yeah, i want to see it.

Old 09-03-2005, 03:17 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Damn why do you people bit*ch about changing your oil every 2-3 months, you swear like its hard to drop your car off at the dealer or oil change shop for a couple hours. After all the oil is the life of your engine.