G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

should i take a G35 over a TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The blue gagues are cool. I almost choose the TL based on that. If you like a more complicated looking interior over a sleeker, cleaner look then the TL is for you.

To be honest, I drove 3 TLs and never heard a rattle. Then I talked to two owners in my neighborhood and the both have rattles. I am not going to pay $35k for a car and listen to annoying rattles. That is just me.

The service departments at my local dealerships helped my decision. Our Infiniti service department is more superior than the Acura. And when I get the G serviced, I get an 05 G loaner, not a TSX or rental car. That may be different in each location but thats the way it is here.

So, if you want to be like everyone else and car deal with a few rattles, then get the TL. Just my opinion and I am an expert of my opinion.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:33 AM
It works on my machine
I had a similar dilemma a few months ago. Here is what I did, get on the highway with any FWD car with > 250 hp and stomp on the gas, you will feel like the car wants to immediately turn. FWD cars were never intended to have more than 200 hp IMHO because of the torque steer. Now, if you want a car that is unique and goes where "you" want it to, get the G.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:41 AM
I went to the G after owning 2 TLs... why ? the TL is cheaper and the quality is not there. They have many more problems with them than with the G. I got the G35x since I was tired of swapping out tires on the TL and of course had to deal with less performance in the in the winter when the roads were clear.

I do not miss some of the extras that I would have got with the TL. I have enjoyed my x and avg about 23-24 mpg whereas my older tl would get about 26-28 in the summer. I had tranny issues with my former TL as well as paint problems. The dealer service was not that great.

In the end you have to determine what is most important to you. I have gotten a survey in the mail about my G and I was amazed at how many times I was asked if the car was for image. I could not believe it. I got the car for reliability concerns, AWD, and handling. The car handles better than the TL. It might not be as fast as a TL or the RWD cars, but if I was looking for a straight line performer I would have gotten the mustang for the money...

The G feels more solid and while it might not be a perfect car, it has performed very well for me and has good performance. I do not regret geting it over my 3 acura...

Old 07-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy
I am not going to pay $35k for a car and listen to annoying rattles. That is just me.
I'm very curious to know which $35K car you chose that is rattle-free?

I didn't think there was a such thing as a rattle-free car. I get a rattle, I fix it, no more rattle. Pretty easy to do at any price point IMO.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:22 AM
My G35 Sedan has ZERO rattles!!!

Old 07-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
90% of the time I see a TL on the road, it's being driven by a female of age 35 and up all the way to grandmas. LOL

Old 07-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy
My G35 Sedan has ZERO rattles!!!
Mine too, because I fix them as soon as they appear.. hehe..

Old 07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
the tl is fast becoming the mom or the secretary car...lol

Old 07-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Just go buy the TL.
+1

Also, if you are going to say you are an RL lover you definitely have to buy an Acura. There aren't too many people that are going to love a $50k car that nobody else but Acura die-hards are going to buy. If you were really researching which car to get, I would have thought your screen name would be tl_or_g35, undecided, or something dumb like that. There have been many people that come on this forum that ask the same question as you, we have answered them every time. We don't tell them to go search or something stupid like that. But when you start insulting the car the forum is based on, did you really expect us to stand for that?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
A year ago, i purchased an '04 TL. Great interior, typical Honda bang for the buck - lots of features, silent engine, etc., etc. 4 short months later I am at the Infiniti dealer trading it for the G. Like others have said, a performance car must be RWD. The TL also had a strange combination of a somewhat stiff ride with a bouncy front-end feel and felt very nose heavy. After 5 years of BMW's, I hated it! Once I had the G, I ceased missing the Bimmers. BTW, I had driven the G before the TL purchase, and was put off by the cheap-looking wheels, step-on parking brake, and interior of lesser quality. After owning the TL, I decided the driving experience was tantamount; haven't looked back since.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rage777
+1

Also, if you are going to say you are an RL lover you definitely have to buy an Acura. There aren't too many people that are going to love a $50k car that nobody else but Acura die-hards are going to buy. If you were really researching which car to get, I would have thought your screen name would be tl_or_g35, undecided, or something dumb like that. There have been many people that come on this forum that ask the same question as you, we have answered them every time. We don't tell them to go search or something stupid like that. But when you start insulting the car the forum is based on, did you really expect us to stand for that?
That's what I'mmm Talking about!

Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by 53G35
A year ago, i purchased an '04 TL. Great interior, typical Honda bang for the buck - lots of features, silent engine, etc., etc. 4 short months later I am at the Infiniti dealer trading it for the G. Like others have said, a performance car must be RWD. The TL also had a strange combination of a somewhat stiff ride with a bouncy front-end feel and felt very nose heavy. After 5 years of BMW's, I hated it! Once I had the G, I ceased missing the Bimmers. BTW, I had driven the G before the TL purchase, and was put off by the cheap-looking wheels, step-on parking brake, and interior of lesser quality. After owning the TL, I decided the driving experience was tantamount; haven't looked back since.

what he said.... !!!!

TL decent car lots of features for the buck.. Also a good first car for the people getting into the near luxury segment. the ride is what counts the most...

Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RS_TL_LOVER
why
tell me that TL is not as good as G35 Sedan (why)
Okay, so you want us to tell you why the TL is not as good as a G35??? That's a pretty ambiguous question considering we have absolutely no idea you are looking for in a car.

As many people before me have stated, both are great cars. Both have their pros and cons. You obviously feel that the G35 has an inferior interior to the TL and you don't like "ugly *** clock". If those things are most important to you than I am with Cru....go get yourself the TL!

I personally love both cars, but nothing beats RWD!

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 07-18-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I heard the TL share the same platform as the Accord. The G35 has the mid front engine mount speically design for RWD cars share with FX and M. Auto magazine has many praise for this design as well as the VQ35-DE engine. What is the code for the TL engine again? Anyone?

Old 07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by what2do
I heard the TL share the same platform as the Accord. The G35 has the mid front engine mount speically design for RWD cars share with FX and M. Auto magazine has many praise for this design as well as the VQ35-DE engine. What is the code for the TL engine again? Anyone?
The G35 is also on the same platform as the 350 Z from what I understand. After '04, Infiniti only builds RWD or AWD vehicles since they discontinued the i35.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i take a G35 over a TL