Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-18-2005, 01:40 PM
It works on my machine
Originally Posted by what2do
I heard the TL share the same platform as the Accord. The G35 has the mid front engine mount speically design for RWD cars share with FX and M. Auto magazine has many praise for this design as well as the VQ35-DE engine. What is the code for the TL engine again? Anyone?
The TL is a Honda Accord...With a dent going down the side. Same stereo and everything.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
For me it's this...

All 2005 models...

Comparing TL, G35 (Sport model only), and '05 330i (Sport, Rare Performance pack only)

Disclaimer: Don't rip the 330i ZHP, if you don't know the vehicle I'm referring to. It's not the everyday 330 you see on the road. It's the (almost) four door M3.

Exterior - Pretty equal, like them all. To me, G35 w/ updated bumpers, hood, etc. looks mean!!! And it's not that common. The BMW looks basic unless you get the ZHP, than I think it takes the prize. TL comes in a respectable third place (but man do I see a lot of them!) I don't see many '05 G35 Sports, or 330i ZHP

Interior - Acura TL - by far!!!

Driving - 1. 330i ZHP 2. G35

3. Distant third place TL - Awesome in everyday driving, but for those times when you want to take a corner, or when you go over bumps on a turn, only the BMW and Infinti play here. It's not even close.

Speed - Pretty equal

Got to have it factor - 1. G35 w/ Sport and 330i w/ ZHP tie IMO 2. TL

Gadgets (which I love) - TL - by far!!!

Price - pretty equal, except you'd need a used BMW ZHP to get close.

Color choices - Silver G on Black is killer, but BMW takes the prize here w/ their many options.

I'd get the TL (it's a nearly perfect car), BUT the FWD w/ 270hp is a fatal flaw, and the reason I will get one of the other two.

Last edited by Downtown; 07-18-2005 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Making it easier to read
Old 07-18-2005, 01:45 PM
tl = big time tranny problems.
no problem for g

Old 07-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah the tranny issus with the TLs are a big problem, but when I was looking into one it was only for the autos (which are like 95% of TLs) and the dealer said that they inspect it before they sell it.

TL is a great car. I'd get one for my wife if I had one. Personally, if I were looking for a sedan for me it would indeed be the G35. (or the M45 if I had the money) but I wanted a coupe, so I went for the G coupe and I'm lovinge every minute of it.

By the way, original poster: How old are you?

Old 07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I have a 2003 TL-Type and my wife has a 2003 G35 Sedan. She loves the G35 and I have to admit it is a better handling car than the TL. It feels better is the best way to describe.

However, performance is about the same in both cars and the TL is better on the highway from a comfort perspective. Seats are more comfortable and the stereo sounds better are my two positives for the TL.

My wife says the looks of the G35 are better and I agree. Engine is great but so is the TL engine.

I would say the TL is a more conservative car and the G35 is a more attractive car. Both are great cars for the money and I expect we will keep both a long time. They are that good.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
i own a '05 g35x and i drove the new TL a couple of times, and i dont like it at all, go with the g35

Old 07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
How about just buying both and tell us which one you like better.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by utrain12
i own a '05 g35x and i drove the new TL a couple of times, and i dont like it at all, go with the g35
Agreed. My friend has a TSX and has gotten a TL loaner a couple of times. It just doesn't do it for me. Last time I drove it,
it really felt like I was in a family sedan...like an Accord. Interior is nice indeed, but I missed the exhaust sound and handling of my G the most.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
these are the 2 "realistic" cars that i have narrowd it down too as well. why cant both these cars mate or somthing and spit out an all round "near" perfect car.

but with my luck i would get the G's interior and the TL's driving experience instead of the other way around.

i love the G. when i get done driving i want to get backin and drive some more. the TL pampers you a bit with all the features. i really cant decide what i want over several years long.

i want the M35 sport w premium pkg--best of both worlds, but that price shoots right up to $45700

Old 07-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you like driving, get the G35~ If you prefer nicer interiors, get the TL. No need to turn this intoo flamming thread. If a potential buyer does not understand the fundemental difference between FWD and RWD, then he/she would probably be happy buying the Acura TL. For the rest of us - there is the G35 and the upcoming IS350.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
i bought a G35 sedan this weekend after looking at EVERYTHING else. it is definitely the best car for the $. i have been a loyal german car driver for years, and was really hesitant about buying Japanese, but the G35 is a great car. we even looked at the TL's, and they look too much like the rest of the Honda/Acura line. the G35 has a sleek defined look, like no other. plus the magazine reviews on it are phenomenal. buy what you like, but know you can get a 10k mile or less G35 for about $10k less than a TL.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by RS_TL_LOVER
- wtf is the purpose of that clock thing
I LIKE the analog clock. It first appeared in the Q45, I believe. It is sometimes easier to quickly register the time with an analog dial than with a digital clock. In fact, I wear an analog watch on my wrist every day (no, its not a Rolex, it is a 10 or 12 year old LL Bean field watch). Just because it is an older style (in use for hundreds of years) doesn't mean it is useless.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy77
I LIKE the analog clock. It first appeared in the Q45, I believe. It is sometimes easier to quickly register the time with an analog dial than with a digital clock. In fact, I wear an analog watch on my wrist every day (no, its not a Rolex, it is a 10 or 12 year old LL Bean field watch). Just because it is an older style (in use for hundreds of years) doesn't mean it is useless.
I do too... when I first got the car it took a while to get use to looking up there for the time. I was so conditioned to look for digital on the HU. It's Infiniti's signature - very distinctive. I think it looks classy and sporty.

I too wear analog wris****ches - I have 7 watches all analogs, I think digital wris****ches look cheesy. The only digital timepiece I prefer are stopwatches, although all my in home clock are digital too.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I bouth my G before TL came out but never thought about trading it in. When I got my coupe after, I gave my G because we didn't wanna trade it in either. Few reasons:

G is made in Japan. TL is made in USA.
TL looks cheaper outside because it has lesser chrome trim.
Shorter wheelbase and bad weight distribution.
RWD against FWD
Yes it's a VTEC, but not DOHC VTEC. Which means only a gas saving reason.
IMO, as far as the brand value goes, Lexus > Infiniti > Acura

I thinks TL is a great car but wouldn't buy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i take a G35 over a TL