G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

HELP !!! Thinking about trading in for WRX STi...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2005 | 06:00 PM
|
HELP !!! Thinking about trading in for WRX STi...

Well, just like the title says, I've had my 05 G35 Sedan for about 5 months now and while I really like its power and luxuries, part of me yearns for the all-out raw performance of the WRX STi. I test drove this car yesterday and was so impressed!

Besides the obvious financial blunder involved in trading in for the STi, can you guys give me some more reasons why I shouldn't go forward with this?

ARRRGGHHHH...I'm so torn right now! Please help!

Old 07-17-2005 | 06:05 PM
Instead of taking the price hit install an APS TT kit or a vortech kit. The G has more power than is needed for daily driving. I think an STi would get old and the ride annoying. I know its fast and handles well, but you can only use it so often and the rest of time you are driving an impreza.

Old 07-17-2005 | 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
With all of your previously owned cars, which are in your sig . . . I doubt that anyone will be able to give you a rational reason not to get a new car. Congrats and enjoy your new WRX STi . . . Zooooooom!

Last edited by Andy2434; 07-17-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2005 | 06:36 PM
Looking at the list of cars you've driven makes it look like your eyes always wander. If it's not the WRX it will be something else in the next few months.

Old 07-17-2005 | 06:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
The WRX is more powerful, but the G is way better in the comfort, looks, and class department.

But like someone already said, by your signature, you won't be talked out of it.
Enjoy --
C.

Old 07-17-2005 | 09:15 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by xtyper
Well, just like the title says, I've had my 05 G35 Sedan for about 5 months now and while I really like its power and luxuries, part of me yearns for the all-out raw performance of the WRX STi. I test drove this car yesterday and was so impressed!

Besides the obvious financial blunder involved in trading in for the STi, can you guys give me some more reasons why I shouldn't go forward with this?

ARRRGGHHHH...I'm so torn right now! Please help!
You change cars like I change colostomy bags. Just buy the WRX already.

Old 07-17-2005 | 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
With all of your previously owned cars, which are in your sig . . . I doubt that anyone will be able to give you a rational reason not to get a new car. Congrats and enjoy your new WRX STi . . . Zooooooom!
Exactly what I was going to say.

My guess, a few months after you've got the STi you will want a Corvette or something. Some people need to just be happy with what they have, I couldn't imagine living life that way.

Old 07-17-2005 | 09:29 PM
I test drove the WRX prior to my G purchase... it was a blast to drive! Fast and handled nice - but it's in a completely different class. Only you know your needs (and as others have said, it looks like they change often). I bought the G partly because of image (as much as I hate to say it) because I had professional considerations. I needed a car that could accommodate business clients. But more importantly the car just felt right to me.

If you are looking for a fun to drive car with no other considerations, there shouldn’t be a reason not to go with the STi.

Just my .02

Old 07-17-2005 | 10:12 PM
Sounds kinda expensive to be changing cars so often. You obviously are not married.

Old 07-18-2005 | 12:34 AM
|
Nope, you guessed wrong...I've actually been happily married for 4 years now (yes, my wife's been pretty cool to tolerate all of my car switching). We're both 28 and are thinking of having kids soon. We currently own a home, but as most of you already guessed, most of our extra money has gone into my cars.

I think her and I just worked out a compromise:

For image and daily driving comfort, I'm going to keep the G. But she's agreed to let me lease an STi as my "toy" car. It'll be about $380 per month with minimal drive off...so it won't be a ridiculous expense.

What do you all think of this plan?

Old 07-18-2005 | 12:50 AM
Gangster Member
Originally Posted by xtyper
Nope, you guessed wrong...I've actually been happily married for 4 years now (yes, my wife's been pretty cool to tolerate all of my car switching). We're both 28 and are thinking of having kids soon. We currently own a home, but as most of you already guessed, most of our extra money has gone into my cars.

I think her and I just worked out a compromise:

For image and daily driving comfort, I'm going to keep the G. But she's agreed to let me lease an STi as my "toy" car. It'll be about $380 per month with minimal drive off...so it won't be a ridiculous expense.

What do you all think of this plan?
Go to Ride switching annoymous, you went from a 2001 Integra Type R to a Honda Civic SI, than to a type S, just relax man and find ways to enjoy your car, in your situation i wouldnt lease a car for more than two years, you change cars like sox, but whatver makes you happy i guess

Old 07-18-2005 | 12:52 AM
Gangster Member
What made you go from a 2002 M3 to a Honda Civic SI, that is really a mystery, was it finincal reasons? if so thats ofcourse perfectly understandable why else

Old 07-18-2005 | 12:53 AM
Gangster Member
What you need to do is switch girls like that and not cars, lol im just messin with you, but in a way my pops is like that, he cant be happy with one car for more than 8 months maybe you guess should get together and talk about it lol

Old 07-18-2005 | 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Being a parent of two college age kids, I would say that $380/month plus a minimal down payment would go a long way towards a college education fund?, retirement plan?, home improvement?, extra mortgage payment?, rental income?, etc. Uh, perhaps, just simply saving a few more dollars.

Creating a need is fun, but it will cost you in the long run. Sorry, just my thoughts.

Old 07-18-2005 | 01:32 AM
I might be able to help you out I just sold my 2004 STI while I loved driving the car and I had it for 2 years and put 17.8k miles on it the car had issues and the list was starting to grow.

Pros: Fast, handles really well even when stock, tons of power, gets lots of looks tranny and motor are pretty solid, hig fun factor.

Con: Stock tires lasted me 10k miles, car is extremly nosiey inside, after 2 years car started to feel cheap inside things felt loose, stock brake pads DO NOT WORK AFTER YOU DRIVE THROUGH STANDING WATER this happened to me once drove through puddle first time I applied brakes there were none scared my wife like I said it happened once swapped new pads problem solved and also stock pads are extremly dirty, windshield washer pump went out took dealershig three monthes to get it and 5 minuted to install, at or around 15k miles the whole rearend started to sound like every bushing was shot the dealerships fix was to swap in new struts didn't fix it. Go to http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/forums/ and do a search. Like I said car started to feel cheap and it was a ******* magnet....Seats are not comfortable at all I did know this when I bought it. Personally there a few reasons why I am buying a G35...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP !!! Thinking about trading in for WRX STi...