G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Asking me to drill holes and california law?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Asking me to drill holes and california law?

Just installed the rear license plate and now moved to the front one, but I just couldn't do it. No predrilled holes or even markers to where I should drill. Besides I don't want to drill into the bumper, I like how it looks right now without the license plate installed. Thus, I have placed the front license from the inside of the windshield however, I don't care for that look and decided to take it down.

My question is and your opinions please, what is the law with regards to front license plates? any experience with tickets? how strict is this enforced?

Thanks

Old 08-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
This will solve your problem.
Stillen Bracket

Old 08-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Premier Member

Old 08-14-2005, 12:54 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Or just buy an extra tow hook cover, drill holes into that, and secure your bumper from there. $7.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by mguirg_gt
Just installed the rear license plate and now moved to the front one, but I just couldn't do it. No predrilled holes or even markers to where I should drill. Besides I don't want to drill into the bumper, I like how it looks right now without the license plate installed. Thus, I have placed the front license from the inside of the windshield however, I don't care for that look and decided to take it down.

My question is and your opinions please, what is the law with regards to front license plates? any experience with tickets? how strict is this enforced?

Thanks
You must have a front license plate in California. That being said I have driven two different vehicle over the last ten years without a front license plate and I have never had a problem **knock on wood**. Conversely, some people in CA get hassled for it. It is only a fix it ticket. You can correct the problem and have the ticket signed off.

Last edited by skeleton_cru; 08-14-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:24 PM
It just depends on the cop. Its the law in Illinois also, but I never got hassled for it and between all my cars I get pulled over alot. They try to get me for other things, but never the front plate.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In california its the law to have a front license plate. Keeping it in the front windshield wont prevent you from getting a ticket..that kinda makes it look wack. = )

Old 08-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I used to get pull over for no front plate, but that was the excuse to write me up on my other mod on my civic. But I haven't got pull over for more than 3 years now (knock on wood again) without my front plate. I am gonna wait till I get a fix it ticket then wire tie it onto my front grill, have it signed off and take it off again. no holes for me man.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Form or Function
In CA, front plates are the law. It is getting enforced more often due to photo enforced traffic lights. In my years of driving, I only had a front license plate on 1 car, and it bit me in the a$$... yes nailed by a flippin' photo enfored traffic light.
Since then I do NOT even think of putting one on.
Funny story... I had forgotten to put my new tag on my license plate on my truck, got a ticket for expired tags, because I park it on the street. I went to the sheriff station to get the ticket signed off after I put the tag on. The deputy walked up to my truck and saw that I had no front plate on the truck. "Well there's your problem.. you dont have a front plate..." We walked around to the back, saw my current tag and off I went.
I still don't have front plates on any of my vehicles.

Don't our sedans have a panel that you remove to put on a front plate?

Attached Thumbnails Asking me to drill holes and california law?-g35from10.jpg  
Old 08-15-2005, 02:07 AM
The fact that it saves me from photo enforced tickets and it is only a $10 fix it is more than enough for me to never put a front plate on any of my cars. The one time I got a fix it ticket, I used zip-ties to attach the plate to my S2000 grill, got the ticket signed off and promptly cut the zip-ties and removed the plate 10 minutes later.

Old 08-15-2005, 03:22 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Photo enforced traffic lights take pics back and front now.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
I put mine on becasue I don't want the pain of getting a fix-it. That being said, I know they are really starting to enforce the law around LAX because of terrorist activities. So IMO if you are not around an airport then leave it off.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Poker_G

Don't our sedans have a panel that you remove to put on a front plate?
he's got an '05, man.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Cops in general will not pull you over just for not having a front license plate... But if you get pulled over for speeding or expired tags, then they might also hit u up for not having the front plate.. If your some young punk with green hair driving a neon green riced out slammed civic, then they might pull you over just to give you a hard time because they think your a street racer.. But driving a nice car like the G35, I doubt cops will pay much attention to you..

Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 AM
In Texas it's illegal not to have the plate up front. I used to get pulled over all the time for not having it on my S10, just warnings. I've yet to be pulled over in the G, almost a year now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Asking me to drill holes and california law?